• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH ....

Gray Mule

9 hours ago, DrReality said:

You sound like that guy who is on  92.9 the game who ask and answers his own questions.   

Best way to avoid an argument.  This is probably why I have few answering posts!!

:MooseGoggles:

• Like 3

:huh:

Now, suppose I stir the pot a bit:

Right now, before any trades are made and no free agents come or go, what do we have?

Three teen age draft picks, who have not yet come into their full maturity as men.  All of you who are older understand what I mean.  For goodness sakes, Spellman still hasn't shed all his baby fat.  Kevin Huerter is still recovering and hasn't played in summer league.

Trae Young, after 3 summer league games, has not been the scorer that we thought and, since his team mates have missed a lot of shots, his assists are lower than expected.  That's the bad stuff.  Apparently, he is a capable passer and he has grabbed a few rebounds.  And, surprise, he CAN play just a bit of defense!~

Remember, all the players on our roster at the end of last season are not gone.  As bad as the Hawks were (and they were trying to be, remember the tank) there was some fairly good players.  Without adding our three new teen ager players, we should be as good as we were last season.  I know, Bud and his crew are gone and we have Lloyd Pierce and his new crew, all unproven to us.  Who knows how well they will do.

All three rookies seem to be happy to be Hawks.  All three are said to have a good NBA IQ.  Then will need this as there is so much that they still must learn.  Personally, I am impressed with Omari Spellman.  Most say he would have been a second round pick if we hadn't taken him.  So what.  I like his talent and his attitude.

Doom and gloom.  (Hee Haw song)  "Gloom, despair and agony on me.  If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all."  Apparently, for some, this is to be our theme song for the upcoming season.

This is the second year of an expected ten year rebuild.  When this ten years are over, we start again.

Will we trade Dennis?  I hope not.  If we do, he must be replaced with a veteran PG to be here and help train Trae.  Will we trade Dedmon.  I hope not.  We need him.  He was pretty good last season. 

Before The King went west, Many said that the current Hawks team would struggle to win more games than our terrible team of a 13 win season.  I suppose that move should give us one or two more wins.

How many national televised games did the Hawks have last season?  None, as far as I can remember.  Look out!  With the excitement our three rookies are expected to bring, I'll bet we get there this season!!  We are already getting more national ink than we usually do.  If this season's Hawk team is stirring up the national audience, shouldn't our very own Hawk fans jump up and down and cheer just a bit !!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

For goodness sakes, Spellman still hasn't shed all his baby fat. 

? @JayBirdHawk I love this gramps. Tell you the truth, at 42 years of age, I still got a little of that too but I guess it’s not baby ? style anymore ...

Gramps, I need more chores at the ranch. I’m gonna shed all my man fat and become Thon Maker. (promise I won’t low kick any chickens ? on the ranch).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? @JayBirdHawk I love this gramps. Tell you the truth, at 42 years of age, I still got a little of that too but I guess it’s not baby ? style anymore ...

Gramps, I need more chores at the ranch. I’m gonna shed all my man fat and become Thon Maker. (promise I won’t low kick any chickens ? on the ranch).

You don't have baby fat....just, you know...fat.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Trae Young, after 3 summer league games, has not been the scorer that we thought and, since his team mates have missed a lot of shots, his assists are lower than expected.  That's the bad stuff.  Apparently, he is a capable passer and he has grabbed a few rebounds.  And, surprise, he CAN play just a bit of defense!~

I don't think we will find out much about what Trae can and can't do this summer.  The schedule is short so there isn't much time and he is playing mostly against guys who won't be in the league or in their team's rotation if they do make the league.  We will find out how effectively he can drive, play defense, rebound, pass, etc. against NBA talent only in the regular season with an offensive system in place and real talent playing against him.  Similarly, can't read much into the shooting numbers mostly because of the small sample size.  His 36% FG% and 26% 3pt% in March and April concerns me more than his summer league shooting numbers.  

• Like 1