• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tyler Dorsey

Wurider05

Could be that his three is coming around. Shot 40% from three the other night. Still is right at 35% overall in the three games so far but with so much chaos on offense that seems pretty good right now. Still remembering we have Jent helping us out so am expecting more bombs connecting from Dorsey.

Dorsey is displaying a lot more confidence this Summer. You can tell they told him to be aggressive and let if fly if he is open. What I also like is that he is bringing the ball up the court more and acting as secondary ball handler.

For a 2nd round pick, I dont have huge expectations for the kids, but if he is able to knock down shots and play decent defense then he can find a place in the rotation. And on a team devoid of talent like us, that's as easy said and done.

His play is directly proportional to how good the team is.  Needless to say he’ll struggle with us.  With space to find open spots on the floor and looks he could fit with GS every bit as “well” as a Nick Young.  His shot is beautiful and he hustles, isn’t scared to stick his nose in loose balls or a rebounding scrum.  Good value for a second rounder but his .714 FT% is troubling in terms of forecasting shooting consistency.  Late last season I thought he showed a nice mix of being aggressive and knowing when to get off the ball as Prince stepped up.

• Moderators

His play is valuable directly in proportion to how well he shoots the ball.  He needs to shoot better to have value.  Today, he has zero real value (probably costs you games in the aggregate).  His ceiling is a useful part of the regular rotation off the bench for a good team.  That requires him to shoot well above 40% on his 2pt shots and continue to improve on last year's 36% 3pt shooting.  His D at SG will never be very good but he can provide some additional value on the boards.  

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

His play is valuable directly in proportion to how well he shoots the ball.  He needs to shoot better to have value.  Today, he has zero real value (probably costs you games in the aggregate).  His ceiling is a useful part of the regular rotation off the bench for a good team.  That requires him to shoot well above 40% on his 2pt shots and continue to improve on last year's 36% 3pt shooting.  His D at SG will never be very good but he can provide some additional value on the boards.  

He also offers very little as a secondary ball handler and play maker, so his value is essentially tied into his shooting.  If he doesn't shoot close to 38% on threes and well above 40% on twos, then he's not a rotation piece.

• Like 2

He also offers very little as a secondary ball handler and play maker, so his value is essentially tied into his shooting.  If he doesn't shoot close to 38% on threes and well above 40% on twos, then he's not a rotation piece.

I'm a Dorsey...half azz supporter and I didn't see much I liked a a rotational player. He sucks as a pg in my opinion. Shooting, eh...best of the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Cwell said:

he's a guard that can barely dribble. Not really high on him as a rotation piece

Not taking into account the rookies at this point, the only real rotation pieces that I see are John Collins and Taurean Prince.  Schröder, Bazemore, Dedmon, Muscala, and Plumlee will all be gone by the time this team is competitive again.

So, we are building from a starting point of John Collins and Taurean Prince at this point.  I think we have added a piece with Trae Young, and I'm a believer in Kevin Huerter as well.  We will see with Omari Spellman.  I'm hopeful but not banking on it.

Beyond them, I'm still high on DeAndre Bembry, but he's got to show he can stay healthy.

IMO, Jaylen Adams has a better chance to be a long term piece than Tyler Dorsey.  

What we need to add is one to two more wings that can shoot the ball, a combo forward that can play both the three and small ball four, and another rim protector in the paint who can space the floor.

The Hawks will have a top 3 pick in 2019 along with another lottery pick via Dallas.  I believe they will definitely add a wing with their top three pick.  The question is, which one will develop his shooting to the point that Travis will value him highly?

Sekou Doumboya could be an option as a combo forward.  

With the Dallas pick, I think Jontay Porter is a guy Travis is going to be all over next year.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Not taking into account the rookies at this point, the only real rotation pieces that I see are John Collins and Taurean Prince.  Schröder, Bazemore, Dedmon, Muscala, and Plumlee will all be gone by the time this team is competitive again.

So, we are building from a starting point of John Collins and Taurean Prince at this point.  I think we have added a piece with Trae Young, and I'm a believer in Kevin Huerter as well.  We will see with Omari Spellman.  I'm hopeful but not banking on it.

Beyond them, I'm still high on DeAndre Bembry, but he's got to show he can stay healthy.

IMO, Jaylen Adams has a better chance to be a long term piece than Tyler Dorsey.  

What we need to add is one to two more wings that can shoot the ball, a combo forward that can play both the three and small ball four, and another rim protector in the paint who can space the floor.

The Hawks will have a top 3 pick in 2019 along with another lottery pick via Dallas.  I believe they will definitely add a wing with their top three pick.  The question is, which one will develop his shooting to the point that Travis will value him highly?

With the Dallas pick, I think Jontay Porter is a guy Travis is going to be all over next year.  

How often you and I agree is disturbing at times.

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

I agree with everything you said

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

As you all bash Dorsey, back to back cold-blooded 3 balls.

Then a brick lol.

The brick was because he isolated and tried too much one on one crap.  He plays with blinders on.