• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tyler Dorsey

Wurider05

13 hours ago, hazer said:

Dorsey wouldn’t even look in Trae’s direction when bringing the ball up the court, which pisses me off. 

Why does Trae deserve the last shot? Cause he was a top 5 pick? Trae's shooting has been absolutely horrific, some of the worst in all the Summer league. I have no problem with Dorsey there.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, sillent said:

Ceiling James Harden (probably better outside than in). 

You did not just say Dorsey could be James Harden?!?  Wow.  Even saying that is a possible ceiling is some crazy dreaming.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why does Trae deserve the last shot? Cause he was a top 5 pick? Trae's shooting has been absolutely horrific, some of the worst in all the Summer league. I have no problem with Dorsey there.

Last shot? I’m talking about the entire game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Huh? Dorsey has minimal court vision besides head down and Jack up shots. Smh. Trae hasn't shot well, but Dorsey was a dead spot with the ball.  And I like Dorsey a little.

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Huh? Dorsey has minimal court vision besides head down and Jack up shots. Smh. Trae hasn't shot well, but Dorsey was a dead spot with the ball.  And I like Dorsey a little.

Agree totally on everything here.   I don't hate Dorsey but i don't know what he thinks he's doing this SL.   The only thing i can figure is the coaches told him to do this so they can evaluate his playmaking abilities which is what Travis wants in a guard.   Unfortunately that's the weakest part of his game.  

10 hours ago, AHF said:

You did not just say Dorsey could be James Harden?!?  Wow.  Even saying that is a possible ceiling is some crazy dreaming.

That's what a ceiling is until it's reached. Nobody thought James Harden would be James Harden I believe his ceiling was compared to Paul Pierce at the time. He went from sixth man to star in the right opportunity to super star and making his own name. Yeah it is definitely a high ceiling for Dorsey but ceilings are supposed to be high. 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, sillent said:

That's what a ceiling is until it's reached. Nobody thought James Harden would be James Harden I believe his ceiling was compared to Paul Pierce at the time. He went from sixth man to star in the right opportunity to super star and making his own name. Yeah it is definitely a high ceiling for Dorsey but ceilings are supposed to be high. 

You might as well say Spud Webb's ceiling is Wilt Chamberlein if you are willing to say Dorsey's is James Harden.  A ceiling needs to represent something that is actually possible.  A ceiling isn't supposed to be a fantasy.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

You might as well say Spud Webb's ceiling is Wilt Chamberlein if you are willing to say Dorsey's is James Harden.  A ceiling needs to represent something that is actually possible.  A ceiling isn't supposed to be a fantasy.  

Exactly! That's why you wouldn't ever hear me say Spud's Webb's Ceiling is Wilt Chamberlein. I'm into foresight. Not fantasy.

• Moderators
Just now, sillent said:

Exactly! That's why you wouldn't ever hear me say Spud's Webb's Ceiling is Wilt Chamberlein. I'm into foresight. Not fantasy.

Saying Dorsey could become Harden is fantasy.

• Moderators
Just now, sillent said:

If you're speaking in terms of gambling I agree. Could hit big could come short.

No - I'm saying there is literally no way he can move from what he is today to what James Harden has been at his peak.  Dorsey's ceiling is not NBA MVP.  It is well short of that.

Frankly, if he ever scores as efficiently as Harden did as a 21 year old then it will be a huge accomplishment.  Taking Harden's ability to get to the line, pass, steal, etc. which are all light years ahead of Dorsey is a bridge too far.

Dorsey Age 21 - .494 TS%, WS 0.4, WS/48 .020, BPM -4.2, PER 10.0

Harden Age 21 - .598 TS%, WS 7.1, WS/48 .156, BPM 2.3, PER 16.4

We can compare their age 22 seasons this year but I fully expect that gap to grow not close.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sillent said:

Ceiling James Harden (probably better outside than in). 

James Harden the basketball player? Or the part time construction worker near my building? I’m not a huge Dorsey guy. Not loving his game at the moment at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

James Harden the basketball player? Or the part time construction worker near my building? I’m not a huge Dorsey guy. Not loving his game at the moment at all.

Y’all, he meant James Hardy. Damn ?

• Like 3

I liked James much better as a sub because he actually defended and played off the ball.  His game is too funky with awful shots now but he still mastered PNR and foul drawing.  Makes the prettiest long distance passes next to LeBron.

I dig Dorsey but I’ll make his ceiling a little more reasonable to a Ronald Flip Murray. That was my dog so I’d be thrilled if he reached it.

• Like 3

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Not really. Just another offspring of trash Woody Ball. Just get a vet iso player and let him do what he wants instead of actually coaching

Woody ball sucked but Flip was a nice get for us.  His .543 ts% for us is likely to be better than any guard on our roster puts up next season and he did it for a minimum contract.  He was very solid that year.

• Like 2