• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tyler Dorsey

Wurider05

Dennis/Trae/Dorsey

Baze/Heurter/Dorsey

Prince/Bembry/Cleveland 

Collins/Spellman/Moose

Dedmon/Plumlee/Moose

Will probably approach 30 wins this season...

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Dorsey with 24 points on 6-10 from 3 8 rebounds, 5 assist, 2 steals and a block.  I think he met all of your criteria tonight

He does that against NBA competition and I’m thrilled.  Playing against D-League competition like summer league and I’m plenty happy for the day but not overly hyped about how it translates.  Hopefully that efficiency carries over to real basketball but SL doesn’t mean much.

I’d love for him to pan out.  He’ll have 82 games to show it this year.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

He does that against NBA competition and I’m thrilled.  Playing against D-League competition like summer league and I’m plenty happy for the day but not overly hyped about how it translates.  Hopefully that efficiency carries over to real basketball but SL doesn’t mean much.

I’d love for him to pan out.  He’ll have 82 games to show it this year.

Good grief!  You asked for it and he delivered.  Then the bar is set higher.  He has to play like an all star to get your approval because those are definitely all star stats.  Some players will never win here.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

In my crystal ball, fwiw, he's showing up as the SG equivalent of Muscala in terms of the playing time he's going to get the next few seasons and impact on games.

I'll take that from a 2nd rounder and be happy with it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

In my crystal ball, fwiw, he's showing up as the SG equivalent of Muscala in terms of the playing time he's going to get the next few seasons and impact on games.

I'll take that from a 2nd rounder and be happy with it.

Ummmm Muscala never played like this in summer league.  Not even in his 3rd year at summer league.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Good grief!  You asked for it and he delivered.  Then the bar is set higher.  He has to play like an all star to get your approval because those are definitely all star stats.  Some players will never win here.

Dude!  What the heck are you talking about?  He is doing this is summer league. By no means is this considered all star numbers. 

Also, he got hot tonight.  Good for him, but he definetely needs to get his teammates more involved and stop ballhogging.  The offense runs smoother through Trae than Dorsey.  I'd like to see Dorsey not try to go one on one all the time and let Trae and others get him the ball in spot up situations where he's more successful.

All that being said, he had an excellent game today.  I just wish he'd look for his teammates more and not turn into Kobe.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Dude!  What the heck are you talking about?  He is doing this is summer league. By no means is this considered all star numbers. 

Also, he got hot tonight.  Good for him, but he definetely needs to get his teammates more involved and stop ballhogging.  The offense runs smoother through Trae than Dorsey.  I'd like to see Dorsey not try to go one on one all the time and let Trae and others get him the ball in spot up situations where he's more successful.

All that being said, he had an excellent game today.  I just wish he'd look for his teammates more and not turn into Kobe.

So when John Collins or Trae Young play well in summer league, The board goes crazy but if Dorsey has a good game.  Oh its just summer league.:blink:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The offense runs smoother through Trae than Dorsey.  I'd like to see Dorsey not try to go one on one all the time and let Trae and others get him the ball in spot up situations where he's more successful.

The team came back with Trae on the bench and Dorsey in the game. Trae only had 3 more assist than Dorsey.  Dorsey was +12 Trae -12 so I don't get it.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So when John Collins or Trae Young play well in summer league, The board goes crazy but if Dorsey has a good game.  Oh its just summer league.:blink:

Nope didn't say that at all.  Please show me where I said that?

I said it's just summer league so how can you call those all star numbers (because this is not the nba regular season)?

Also, the board should be much harder on Dorsey's decision making (which is my one complaint with him) than Trae's because Dorsey has actual NBA experience.  I'd expect him to make the right pass or right decision before Trae does based on that alone.  

John Collins got his points efficiently playing off of Trae and his teammates.

Like I said Dorsey had a great game today and he's doing well rebounding.   The ball hogging is a no go. He should be making the right play more often than not and not hoisting up shots widely.  

I for one like Dorsey during the regular season when he was playing within himself. I did not like him going Kobe.

Trae's shot selection needs to improve, but his vision and passing for a 19 year old is something to get excited about.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The team came back with Trae on the bench and Dorsey in the game. Trae only had 3 more assist than Dorsey.  Dorsey was +12 Trae -12 so I don't get it.

You're only talking about this game.  Whereas I'm talking about his shot selection throughout summer league. Like I said I like Dorsey during the regular season I just don't like him running down the court, running into traffic, not looking at any of his teammates and shooting a brick.

He did not do that this game, but he's done it most of summer league.  Can we agree on that? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I said it's just summer league so how can you call those all star numbers (because this is not the nba regular season)?

You didn't read what I wrote...I said that Dorsey delivered on the what AHF wanted to see from him and then AHF moved the goal post by saying that he would have to deliver that type of performance on a regular basis during the regular season. My response was if he did that, he would be an all star.  So the conclusion I drew was he would have to perform at an all star level to get any credit from this message board.  I hope this clears things up for you.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You're only talking about this game.  Whereas I'm talking about his shot selection throughout summer league. Like I said I like Dorsey during the regular season I just don't like him running down the court, running into traffic, not looking at any of his teammates and shooting a brick.

He did not do that this game, but he's done it most of summer league.  Can we agree on that? 

I love it when people change the subject.  I was specifically referring to this game just like other posters where specifically referring to this game with Trae Young and not his other horrible games.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When people sucked in SL I said it didn’t mean much and you expect me to swoon when they do well?

Please.  I’ll take at least a couple of weeks play in real games before starting any conclusions.  

He did it for one night against SL competition.  That is good to see but why would that ever change anyone’s view on a second year player?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You didn't read what I wrote...I said that Dorsey delivered on the what AHF wanted to see from him and then AHF moved the goal post by saying that he would have to deliver that type of performance on a regular basis during the regular season. My response was if he did that, he would be an all star.  So the conclusion I drew was he would have to perform at an all star level to get any credit from this message board.  I hope this clears things up for you.

BS.  If he scores efficiently this year he will have met my expectation.

You are putting words in my mouth to make it seem like a single SL game means something.  It doesn’t matter much if he goes 0-15 or 15-15 against SL competition.  NBA stats will be the measuring stick and the larger the sample size the better.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I love it when people change the subject.  I was specifically referring to this game just like other posters where specifically referring to this game with Trae Young and not his other horrible games.

I love how you never try to see someone else's point, but that's cool too.  I did misinterpret your first post, but the rest of what I said about Dorsey is completely why half of everyone on here is not as excited about him as Trae or John Collins. I spelled that out for you, but you just can't say hey Marco I see your point.

Cool. I can see your point about his 1 game where he played well.  You should see my point about the other games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Don't get the Dorsey hate. He's not starting for us. His role would be to provide scoring and energy off the bench, and he's more than capable of doing that. 

He was drafted 41st ....high expectations...10 allstar games, 3 rings and a love for animals.  Anything else...why would you waste a mid 2nd round pick :}

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

When people sucked in SL I said it didn’t mean much and you expect me to swoon when they do well?

Please.  I’ll take at least a couple of weeks play in real games before starting any conclusions.  

He did it for one night against SL competition.  That is good to see but why would that ever change anyone’s view on a second year player?

You win but I guarantee if your favorite player Doncic had the exact same stats, you would be on top of the moon.