• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Everybody's talking bout Ice Trae but..

StephenHawking

I won't put to much stock in the "system" from the Utah league.  I think they let the players run loose to see what they naturally tended to and let the second year guys try the skills the worked hardest in the offseason line Collins back to the basket and extending his range.  

If the Vegas league does not show more structure I will be a bit more concerned but to decide the coaching hire was a bust after three scrimmages is way to early even for the most negative squawkers.

Give Pierce a full camp with his actual team and then restart this thread in November 

• Like 2

vor 3 Stunden, ThomasCredle sagte:

I won't put to much stock in the "system" from the Utah league.  I think they let the players run loose to see what they naturally tended to and let the second year guys try the skills the worked hardest in the offseason line Collins back to the basket and extending his range.  

If the Vegas league does not show more structure I will be a bit more concerned but to decide the coaching hire was a bust after three scrimmages is way to early even for the most negative squawkers.

Give Pierce a full camp with his actual team and then restart this thread in November 

This thread never had the intent to call Pierce a bust. I simply tried to put traes stats into perspective. I just wanted to make sure everyone here gets that it's not all traes fault. It just as much the systems fault.

• Like 1

Thinking assists will pile up nicely during the regular season when Trae earns his minutes. Today has shown that a semblance of offensive structure will help with that. Believe bigs will score in the paint much more often when Trae is on the floor. Ready to see where he is at by midseason.   

• Like 2

Trae is going to be elite at playmaking as the years go by. His shot will come together at some point. I still believe he’s not getting the best screens he could and other than that he just need to move off ball a lot more but I feel it coming 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae is going to be elite at playmaking as the years go by. His shot will come together at some point. I still believe he’s not getting the best screens he could and other than that he just need to move off ball a lot more but I feel it coming 

Sometimes it's not getting the best screens, sometimes it's his impatience in waiting for the screen. Work in progress.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One thing Seth Greenberg said that I think is true is that Trae has to add a solid runner/floater to his game. Every small guard needs a good floater, its very important.

This will be the difference between being a guy or a perennial All Star. If he develops a reliable floater over the next couple of years, we won this draft.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

This will be the difference between being a guy or a perennial All Star. If he develops a reliable floater over the next couple of years, we won this draft.

That's also dependent on Luka's development as well. They will always be compared.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's also dependent on Luka's development as well. They will always be compared.

This is true.  Don't forget, that wasn't an even trade.  Hawks got that extra draft pick out of the deal.  If Luka does well and his team wins, we get the pick next summer.  If he doesn't do well, then we will be happy that we didn't keep him.  Either way, we win !!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Agreed, and also how the Dallas pick is used if/when it conveys, hopefully next draft (a good chance).

This was my first time watching Trae in SL play today and I must say he already has better court vision + offensive awareness than any Hawk player I’ve seen in a long time (maybe since Bibby ?!)

He was tenacious on D and got abused once (posted up) he needs to get stronger for sure.

The shot will come. Still think he is forcing it he needs to calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope we get to see him in some summer league action. I’m itching to see him against guys hungry to earn a roster spot.

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But is it fair that Luka has a better team around him from the very start and more vets to play with like Barnes, dirk, and now Jordan ?

they will always be compared but different circumstances as far as what’s put around them. Doncic has a very good team he’s going to be able to play with from the get go.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

But is it fair that Luka has a better team around him from the very start and more vets to play with like Barnes, dirk, and now Jordan ?

they will always be compared but different circumstances as far as what’s put around them. Doncic has a very good team he’s going to be able to play with from the get go.

I wouldn’t overthink it too much. Doncic is going to have his fair share of growing pains too. I’m still of the opinion that we got the better player and another lottery pick on top of that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Agreed, and also how the Dallas pick is used if/when it conveys, hopefully next draft (a good chance).

This was my first time watching Trae in SL play today and I must say he already has better court vision + offensive awareness than any Hawk player I’ve seen in a long time (maybe since Bibby ?!)

He was tenacious on D and got abused once (posted up) he needs to get stronger for sure.

The shot will come. Still think he is forcing it he needs to calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup and better than Bibby vision by a longshot. ? Bibby needed some diapers but so does Trae. He’s the best Hawks passer I’ve seen since Mookie for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup and better than Bibby vision by a longshot. ? Bibby needed some diapers but so does Trae. He’s the best Hawks passer I’ve seen since Mookie for me.

Mookie is STILL my favorite Hawk. Trae has the potential to usurp him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

They said maybe tomorrow on Luka

Just checked out Milwaukee’s roster and there isn’t a matchup there I really like as a NBA projection. Doncic should perform well, but again those guys are hungry for a roster spot. 

6 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Mookie is STILL my favorite Hawk. Trae has the potential to usurp him. 

Mookie was a bad man. I still have his away jersey from back in the day. Best thief the Hawks had and his backcourt mate was one of my faves in plastic man. Lotta D and sweat ? in that backcourt. I miss those days.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

This thread never had the intent to call Pierce a bust. I simply tried to put traes stats into perspective. I just wanted to make sure everyone here gets that it's not all traes fault. It just as much the systems fault.

I was responding more to the general negative comments in the thread than your post and I totally agree with your premise that the style of play in Utah did contribute to Trey's poor shooting.  The whole world was watching him and the coaches could have done him a favor by reigning in his shooting when he was clearly not feeling his shot (I feel for any teenager that people were gonna call out for not playing like a two time MVP in his first pro game).   I definitely didn't want to mischaracterize your post which I agreed with sorry if it came across that way.

• Like 2