• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

One more Tank season then Try to get K.A.T

wolvetigers

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think most were hoping Minny would be dumb enough to trade KAT. :biggrin:

I think the overall consensus was that Butler and Thibs would be gone before KAT.

But you did say Jimmy wasn't going anywhere either.

At that time he wasn't going anywhere. Butler kinda flaked out on the TWolves and wants to go somewhere else. It has nothing to do with Minnesota or Thibs or KAT or even the rumor of Butler hooking up with KAT's girlfriend. Butler sees himself as a true superstar and wants a large market to get all the endorsement deals he feels he can't get in a non major market.

That's nothing the Twolves did wrong, that's just a guy being IMO very selfish. I am done with Butler after what he pulled with the Bulls and now Wolves.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

At that time he wasn't going anywhere. Butler kinda flaked out on the TWolves and wants to go somewhere else. It has nothing to do with Minnesota or Thibs or KAT or even the rumor of Butler hooking up with KAT's girlfriend. Butler sees himself as a true superstar and wants a large market to get all the endorsement deals he feels he can't get in a non major market.

That's nothing the Twolves did wrong, that's just a guy being IMO very selfish. I am done with Butler after what he pulled with the Bulls and now Wolves.

He's a good player, but I don't see him as Batman. He's a Robin.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's the return to Minny? Josh Richardson? Who else?

I think the Wolves are going to try and dump Dieng with Butler and take back Richardson and Winslow and whatever else works for the cap numbers to match.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's a good player, but I don't see him as Batman. He's a Robin.

That's how I see him. He's someone's Pippen. But he's not THE GUY.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think the Wolves are going to try and dump Dieng with Butler and take back Richardson and Winslow and whatever else works for the cap numbers to match.

That's how I see him. He's someone's Pippen. But he's not THE GUY.

That's $35 million in out going salary.

Winslow and Richardson makes $13 mil combined. That's $22 mil.difference to make up. Would Minny want the headcase that is Whiteside after the Jimmy saga and just resigning KAT? Or will Minny want someone like Tyler Johnson?

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's $35 million in out going salary.

Winslow and Richardson makes $13 mil combined. That's $22 mil.difference to make up. Would Minny want the headcase that is Whiteside after the Jimmy saga and just resigning KAT? Or will Minny want someone like Tyler Johnson?

I don't know whose deal is worse but I could see them getting Kelly Olynk back

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh ?...well if you nail that it’s impressive cuz I think they said clipps Knicks Nets so far.

That's his list. I've seen the list of teams contact the Wolves grow to Cleveland, Miami and a couple of others that I can't remember right now.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

His list is the only one that matters otherwise he will just tell the new team that he won’t sign long term, thus hurting the Wolves return in any trade.

Like Kawhi did? Or pick any other number of guys on one year deals that wound up being traded and stayed with the team that got them?

The TWolves are going to move him for the best package they can get. It is up to the team that gets the prima donna to convince him to stay there.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The TWolves are going to move him for the best package they can get. It is up to the team that gets the prima donna to convince him to stay there.

The only relevance it has is to what extent his signaling that he may be reluctant to resign will have on the offers the T-Wolves get.  They will definitely take the best offer regardless.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

From today's Star Tribune, Minny's local paper:

ESPN reported several teams are interested in Butler, even those outside of the three Butler prefers (Nets, Knicks and Clippers). Along with Butler’s short list, among those interested are the Pistons, Rockets, Heat, 76ers, Trail Blazers and Kings. Miami has been especially aggressive in making a play for Butler, according to the report.

Perhaps the trade market isn’t as bleak as reports indicated upon Butler’s request.

I made my guess about Miami before I read that article, btw. It just seems to fit Riley's aggressive GM moves to go after a guy like Butler and try to sell Miami and no state tax to him.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Like Kawhi did? Or pick any other number of guys on one year deals that wound up being traded and stayed with the team that got them?

True...Pop pulled a funny and didn’t move Kawhi where he wanted but this may be a bit tougher.

30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I made my guess about Miami before I read that article, btw. It just seems to fit Riley's aggressive GM moves to go after a guy like Butler and try to sell Miami and no state tax to him.

Completely agree.  Good call on Miami, who definitely could use a bonafide star in Butler, to lift Miami back up where they want to be. Kinda wonder if Minny would even bite on a deal that sent Whiteside to Minny, to play alongside KAT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, High5 said:

The Miami news came out yesterday. But they don't have much to offer outside of bad contracts. The Wolves would probably regret any trade with them.

With as long as they were out of the loop, I'd trade for any player that could at least sustain where they are right now.  The last thing that franchise needs, is to take a step back.  Whiteside is unhappy with his role in Miami, and KAT can play both the 4 and the 5.

Put an elite rebounder and somewhat of a rim protector beside KAT, and let's see what happens.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With as long as they were out of the loop, I'd trade for any player that could at least sustain where they are right now.  The last thing that franchise needs, is to take a step back.  Whiteside is unhappy with his role in Miami, and KAT can play both the 4 and the 5.

Put an elite rebounder and somewhat of a rim protector beside KAT, and let's see what happens.

KAT is better at the 5 and they already have Gibson who is a good complement. The improvement they need in the front court comes from KAT becoming a better defender and more assertive on the offensive end. Paying Whiteside $50+ million the next two season guarantees the Wolves aren't making it out of the first round, if they make it at all. IMO

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Completely agree.  Good call on Miami, who definitely could use a bonafide star in Butler, to lift Miami back up where they want to be. Kinda wonder if Minny would even bite on a deal that sent Whiteside to Minny, to play alongside KAT.

It wouldn't be Whiteside coming back. My guess would be Olynck  and Richardson and Winslow.