• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rebuild patience.........

Vol4ever

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

There are plenty of players that have legal problems like Mike Scott.  Even that beloved former coach has some legal problems of his own. LOL!

Bud was found not guilty and Scott got his dismissed; both took care of rather quickly. Dennis is still ongoing and instead of just pleading out a misdemeanor, his has been bumped up to a felony. The video was the most damaging. That made the news as well.

16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Bud was found not guilty and Scott got his dismissed; both took care of rather quickly. Dennis is still ongoing and instead of just pleading out a misdemeanor, his has been bumped up to a felony. The video was the most damaging. That made the news as well.

I never knew they released footage of the incident.  Looked for it on Youtube, but no luck.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I said before... The national media gets their intel from local reporters.  Plus has any player been quoted as indicating that Dennis is a locker room cancers and if so what examples were given?  Howard has been called out by plenty of players including Kobe.  Who has called out Dennis?

I like Dennis im just saying how he is viewed by fans of every other team outside of the hawks is all boss.   We are the only people who like him around the league which is funny to me because if anything we should be mad at his off field antics and stuff but we support him really strong.

Do like the tenacity of Dennis at times on the floor but a potential felony for a guy that was late for his visa last time around has more than one red flag. Get priorities straight before it's too late guy. Not even remotely talking about trade value on this because he needs to make sure he stays on this continent first. Bud and Mike didn't and don't need visas but Dennis absolutely does.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

No one I have heard of in the five years he has been here. His problem is the court case. That fiasco made national news including ESPN with no help from the local media.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

There are plenty of players that have legal problems like Mike Scott.  Even that beloved former coach had some legal problems of his own. LOL!

Plumlee, Dorsey, Bembry currently have a 'legal' issue as well.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Have you seen the video? I've searched hell and high water for it. Nothing!

All I've read is 'police report says........'.  I think I'll wait for the actual footage.  We all saw what happened in the Thabo case when 'police say' vs what's actually on tape.

Just saying.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is wrong. He is currently charged with a misdemeanor.  He has not been charged with a felony - there has been a recommendation to the DA that he be charged with a felony, that has not happened (yet). DA still said to be investigating.

Repeat something often enough and it becomes true.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is wrong. He is currently charged with a misdemeanor.  He has not been charged with a felony - there has been a recommendation to the DA that he be charged with a felony, that has not happened (yet). DA still said to be investigating.

Repeat something often enough and it becomes true.

Just more Dennis hate...I'm telling you them 2 boys have gotten into people's heads

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I said before... The national media gets their intel from local reporters.  Plus has any player been quoted as indicating that Dennis is a locker room cancers and if so what examples were given?  Howard has been called out by plenty of players including Kobe.  Who has called out Dennis?

None that I've heard. But i keep seeing repeated over and over.

Repeat something often enough and it becomes a reality without actual facts.

Dennis has had his share of run ins - visa issue and getting back late from allstar break, benchings during games etc. But he's alwaysxaccepted his punishment and played his heart out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

None that I've heard. But i keep seeing repeated over and over.

Repeat something often enough and it becomes a reality without actual facts.

Dennis has had his share of run ins - visa issue and getting back late from allstar break, benchings during games etc. But he's alwaysxaccepted his punishment and played his heart out.

If Dennis played his heart out, he’d be a better defender and would contribute more to winning games.  

Dennis plays to get his, and he desires to be the reason his team wins.  

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

If Dennis played his heart out, he’d be a better defender and would contribute more to winning games.  

What games were we supposed to be winning this season.........hahahahaha. 

Not going down your rabbit hole bruh.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No one played their hearts out in reality except maybe Collins.  Prince was the biggest culprit of the "get his" mentality but for some reason, he doesn't get as much hate as Dennis.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

And you should actually read and understand what I'm referencing.....I said after each Dennis screw up and punishment he still played hard, no sulking

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

No one played their hearts out in reality except maybe Collins.  Prince was the biggest culprit of the "get his" mentality but for some reason, he doesn't get as much hate as Dennis.

Yeeeeep.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Oh by the way, Bud was arrested in 2013, found not guilty in 2016 - that was a quick 3 years.

Mike Scott was arrested in August 2015, charges were dropped in May 2017 - almost a quick 2 years.

Dennis' case is 10 months old.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And you should actually read and understand what I'm referencing.....I said after each Dennis screw up and punishment he still played hard, no sulking

I read and understood it just fine.  If Dennis played harder, he would be a better defender and contribute more to winning than he currently does.  At his current effort level, he's a losing player in the NBA.  At his current efficiency level on offense, he needs to be a gunner off the bench.  

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-love-george-hill-koby-altman-lebron-james/

One opposing team executive warned of the dangers of the Cavs potentially going in the tank. “The only thing it guarantees is a losing culture,” he told me. “You also get a high draft pick, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a winning player. And in the event you do draft a star, it will take a few years to win. So that star will likely want to leave because you’re losing. You really need to get lucky if you start losing on purpose. It’s a thankless (approach).”

“Put the best product on the floor possible every season, then draft wisely,” he said. “It worked wonders for the San Antonio Spurs for years. That’s how to build a winner in a smaller market. Don’t need to draft high. Just draft well.”

Yep.  What the Hawks should have done was go after under valued assets on the free agent market, maintained their competitiveness, and put the best team they could on the floor.  Instead, they intentionally structured the roster to lose.

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Have you seen the video? I've searched hell and high water for it. Nothing!

All I've read is 'police report says........'.  I think I'll wait for the actual footage.  We all saw what happened in the Thabo case when 'police say' vs what's actually on tape.

Just saying.

My bad I had Dennis fight mixed up with another fight.

• Moderators
On 7/14/2018 at 2:32 PM, Peoriabird said:

Root on...I'm off that train!  By the way, not too many great teams have taken 2 or more trips inside the top 5 in a 2-3 year period.  Just saying.

It isn't that uncommon among championship teams:

Houston Rockets #1 overall 1983, #1 overall 1984 (Drafted Hakeem who led them to 2 rings)

San Antonio Spurs #1 overall 1987, #3 overall 1989 (Drafted Robinson and Eliot who were key to winning their first championship - added a #1 overall a couple years later to the mix)

Chicago Bulls #5 overall 1983, #3 overall 1984, #9 overall 1986, #4 overall 1987 (drafted Jordan and Pip who led to 6 rings)

Lakers #1 overall 1979, #1 overall 1982 (Magic and Worthy multiple titles)

Boston #6 overall 1978, #3 overall 1980 (Bird and McHale multiple titles)

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

It isn't that uncommon among championship teams:

Houston Rockets #1 overall 1983, #1 overall 1984 (Drafted Hakeem who led them to 2 rings)

San Antonio Spurs #1 overall 1987, #3 overall 1989 (Drafted Robinson and Eliot who were key to winning their first championship - added a #1 overall a couple years later to the mix)

Chicago Bulls #5 overall 1983, #3 overall 1984, #9 overall 1986, #4 overall 1987 (drafted Jordan and Pip who led to 6 rings)

Lakers #1 overall 1979, #1 overall 1982 (Magic and Worthy multiple titles)

Boston #6 overall 1978, #3 overall 1980 (Bird and McHale multiple titles)

Didn't the lakers acquire the 1979 pick via trade?

Bird was not a top 5 pick