• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rainbows and unicorns thread - Your wildest imagination ceiling for all the young-uns

sturt

Just to reiterate what I've seen with Spellman, someone but together his highlights from Summer League:

He's really, really good. I didn't like the pick at first, but he also wasn't on my radar at all. If he adds a mid-range jumper to his game and expands his post moves, I really think he could be a complete offensive player. He does so many things well and sees the court at a high level for the big. He'll come into the league more skilled than most bigs. I'm not sure what he'll be defensively in the NBA, but I've liked what I've seen so far. He plays harder than most guys, and we know he doesn't like to lose. His biggest concern would be his conditioning, but I don't think we'll have a problem with it. He's almost a shorter DeMarcus Cousins really, not as physically imposing but very skilled for a big. Jokic is so unique, it's hard to compare anybody to him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

if you go to 82games.com and look up Bellinelli, his defense made him a net negative.  Per 100 possessions the Hawks were offensively +1.8 points better per game with Marco off the floor and 4.9 points better defensively for a total of -6.7 points were per 100 possessions with Marco on the floor.

For comparison, the Hawks were 2.1 points per game offensively with Bazemore on the floor and .9 points better defensively for a total of 3 points per game better with Baze on the floor.  Bellinelli looks good but he has a negative floor impact.  Other players on this simple number...Collins -1.0 total, Illyasova +3.9, Schröder -1.2, Prince -3.3, Dedmon +.9.  This is a very good metric over the course of a season to see a player's total impact. Other notables in the league...Lebron +2.3, Jimmy Butler +14.1....yes, Butler makes everyone else better whereas Lebron's numbers mostly benefit Lebron and keep games close (FYI a proven formula in the playoffs). But you saw how Minnesota flailed with Butler out...this metric showed why...A typical stater is on the floor 75% of their teams minutes...it means the T'Wolves are 10 points better per game (75 possessions) with Butler on the floor than not.

This is why players who don't dominate the ball but instead help with ball movement, the right pass, set screen, fill passing lanes are key.

You have to account for the coaching staff as well in our play last season.   Pierce and company have not proven anything yet.   This is actually the the 1st rebuild year IMO since we have a new coaching staff in place.  If we get rid of guys like Schröder and Baze and the young guys don't step up we may not win 20games this season.

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Young is going to have to learn how to finish at the basket in traffic.  Also, he's going to have to learn how to take contact on the shot without getting injured .  I think Like Nash, he could find himself living at the line. 

Agreed, I hope that if Dennis is still on the team come October that he could teach Trae his Signature move Of Laying the Ball high off the Backboard when he drives the lane.

Pure fantasy, but f*** it:

Très Young’n ~ Steve Nash

The Huert ~ Klay Thompson

Fresh Printz ~ Kahwi Leonard 

J-Bap ~ Amare Stoudemire

Cal-Omari ~ Draymond Green