• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Media Day/Training Camp/Preseason 2018

JayBirdHawk

7 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

If no one knows, how come we're rated #30 in a 30 team NBA?  You can't get lower than the bottom!

(Maybe we're better than #30 and we want to keep it a secret!  Maybe #28?)

:approved:

They are limiting media access to hide the fact that they will be doing things to intentionally lose games.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

That is silly.  There is no hiding it and the players will have access to the media and always have social media so that is not an effective check anyway.  This isn’t about hiding their design to lose games this year; it is about trying to control media messaging ala Belichek, Saban and others.

love that Saban autocorrected to Satan btw.

Exactly. Every team has parts of practice that is open to media and parts that are closed. NBA, NFL they all do it.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly. Every team has parts of practice that is open to media and parts that are closed. NBA, NFL they all do it.

Well other teams beat writers are given way more to work with than ours. I am reading tons of stuff on other teams training camps. But for the Hawks? Crickets.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Well other teams beat writers are given way more to work with than ours. I am reading tons of stuff on other teams training camps. But for the Hawks? Crickets.

We haven't had an active beat writer for the better part of a decade.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What good is having one when management does not give them the lattitude to cover the them? "Controlling the narrative" is so overrated.

For the past few years, I'd say the Hawks were pretty good about being media friendly.  I'm leaning to inept writers as the reason for the lack of coverage but that's just my eggspert opinion.

I mean, what benefit is there to the Hawks being more secretive?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not eggsactly leading the CLP bandwagon but dude is light years better with the media than Buttz ever was.  No need to keep him under wraps.

On that note, hopefully the refs won't absolutely punk our coach the way they have the past several years.  I always thought Buttz was a decent enough guy, but the refs hated that man.  Hated him.  We caught no breaks from them dudes and this was before the supposed Buttz-bumping the ref incident.  It was almost comical.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What good is having one when management does not give them the lattitude to cover the them? "Controlling the narrative" is so overrated.

I guess I'm not seeing New England or Alabama beat writers struggling to come up with material.  This rule has been in place for roughly a month now?  Not sure how much change we will see in practice.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Michael Cunnigham from the AJC was the beat writee last year, took over from C-Viv, so far this season I haven't seen one thing of note from MC. C-Viv has provided more 'content' so far.

They do a piss poor job of covering team as it is.

• Like 3

ATLANTA HAWKS