• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No one is saying that Anderson is going to 5 all-star games, but he's a very solid locker room/glue guy.  His defensive value can't be overstated. For 10-15 minutes a night, he could be extremely valuable and he's only 24.

He and Bembry will at least give us defense at the backup wing every night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No one is saying that Anderson is going to 5 all-star games, but he's a very solid locker room/glue guy.  His defensive value can't be overstated. For 10-15 minutes a night, he could be extremely valuable and he's only 24.

You sure he’s a good locker room guy? I thought there was a story but maybe it was his brother... Ryan.. ? 

• Like 2

I called Travis Trader Trav the other day. He is not sitting still and if he thinks you are a negative with attitude you can certainly count on your days as being numbered. D12, Bud, and now Dennis.

I don't like paying Melo his whole 28 million but if this does not convince the antagonist people that Ressler is not cheap, nothing will.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

You sure he’s a good locker room guy? I thought there was a story but maybe it was his brother... Ryan.. ? 

Read the scouting report...there is a reason Pierce wanted him.

Just now, Buzzard said:

I called Travis Trader Trav the other day. He is not sitting still and if he thinks you are a negative with attitude you can certainly count on your days as being numbered. D12, Bud, and now Dennis.

I don't like paying Melo his whole 28 million but if this does not convince the antagonist people that Ressler is not cheap, nothing will.

When I saw Prince throwing shade on Dennis on social media months ago, I knew Dennis was gone. The team loves Prince.

• Like 2

Just now, thecampster said:

He started with Dallas, was traded to Philly and now us....2 trades is bit less than 8 except in fan math.

2 trades while on your rookie deal actually count as 4 apiece.  Trust me, I'm a GT grad.  We know maph.  And I'm sure my GT-ness has absolutely nothing to do with why I'm so down on guys like Anderson and Delaney.  :cool:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

He started with Dallas, was traded to Philly and now us....2 trades is bit less than 8 except in fan math.

But 2 trades in like a few years? That’s about equivalent to 8 in a career for him when it’s all said n done.. ok 5?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

From last year: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/justin-anderson

“Look, they had an extremely difficult situation,” Nelson said of the Sixers, per Tim MacMahon of ESPN.com. “They were overstocked at the center position. You’re looking at basically the possibility of a couple-month rental, and so I think they did the best that they could with the situation they had. It was really a need position for us, and it was taking the best possible deal they could get. They like Justin Anderson a lot. He is the critical piece, and it was hard for us to give them that piece.”

25 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If we actually got Justin Anderson and a 1st (of any sort), this is a monster win. We only had one true SF on the roster in Prince.  Remember also this deal was facilitated by getting Lin for nothing.  Which means it Lin + Anderson for Moose + Dennis + Cordinier.  In the 2 deals the Hawks get a 1st and 2nd.  Still think he loses trades?  It was a process and an obvious one at that.

Preach..

• Like 2

All in all, this is a pretty shit trade. We trade a top 30 PG, a decent backup center who wasn't a fit of what LP wanted to do but still decent and what we get is a scrub SG, a pick with Minny like protection in 2022, a cap space for next year which we likely not gonna do shit with. 

If all my stats tell me correctly, we got 57,650,730 million in cap space next year. Considering we gonna have the worst record in the NBA, we got limited chances to improve even if we shock everyone and Young is an all star lite and Collins and Prince are all star candidates. Then again, the cap going up a lot next year. We will have to see. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait do we buyout Melo as in pay for his while contract type buyout? Or is it like a Crawford type?

Both cases are basically "pay for his whole contract" situations.