• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I hate that we gave up on Dennis but I knew he was gone the second they drafted Acie Law 2.0. At least we potentially get something out of it other than a straight salary dump where we would have to put in a future first as a sweetener.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Just for giggles....Boogie...and one year from now no one in the universe can make an excuse for him.

Don’t bother he doesn’t understand what he asked. ? He just comes on with a fancy boy Laker logo 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  To be quite honest, trading Dennis away is not a tanking move.  He's a guy you keep if you want to tank, IMO, because his selfishness will contribute to losing.

I'm thinking you are pretty happy with the obvious focus on player development of Trae with the combination of the Dennis and Lin trades.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Yeah - the Minny pick was better but the pick here was the cherry on top of the cap implications.  Once we drafted Trae, we were pretty much locked into moving Dennis and didn't have any leverage to deal him given his shooting, D and troubles off the court.  We still didn't have any leverage from Dennis but ended up with the leverage to get the pick because of the $$ savings that OKC got from making the deal.  I wish it wasn't protected or that the protection was there over a longer period of time but I'll take it.  Good deal.

This is my only gripe but I'll take it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Somebody owes a lotta apologies. 

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Boy don't get sick off all that humble pie

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

OK!  This is a trade that Travis Schlenk wins!!

Let's check in on Peoria:

Stupid-things-which-can-sink-your-head-l

36 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just got footage of one of our posters getting on his computer:

uh-oh-baby-face.jpg

I too would just like to pay my respects and offer condolences for @Peoriabird

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm thinking you are pretty happy with the obvious focus on player development of Trae with the combination of the Dennis and Lin trades.

I definitely agree with both moves.  Now, they will have $50 something odd million to play with next year.  Bring in some players that can compete and make this team better.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I hate that we gave up on Dennis but I knew he was gone the second they drafted Acie Law 2.0. At least we potentially get something out of it other than a straight salary dump where we would have to put in a future first as a sweetener.

This.

Considering how Dennis was viewed atound the league, I can't complain about the return. 

This is added assests to to the treasure chest to use by drafting a player, trades etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am.  You don't draft Trae to put him on the bench and "let him learn" if he is learning from a selfish, shoot first pg. The idea of Dennis mentoring Trae is terrifying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This.

Considering how Dennis was viewed atound the league, I can't complain about the return. 

This is added assests to to the treasure chest to use by drafting a player, trades etc.

Ya today might be the reason we land Lebron’s son in 5 years! (And I’m not really joking it was a big clear).

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I definitely agree with both moves.  Now, they will have $50 something odd million to play with next year.  Bring in some players that can compete and make this team better.

rebuild vs tank...exactly....lets not go down this rabbit hole though...I like this thread too much.

As much as Schlenk had been spanked on the trade front, it's not looking as terrible after first glance.  This trade sets up next year and the years after for some intriguing pieces to begin gathering players to help get back to relevance (right KB)?

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

As much as Schlenk had been spanked on the trade front, it's not looking as terrible after first glance.  This trade sets up next year and the years after for some intriguing pieces to begin gathering players to help get back to relevance (right KB)?

It does, if he chooses to go that route and not the other direction.

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I have a feeling you are KB? Is he ur Brad?