• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agreed until the last part. Melo didn't wave his No Trade Clause to play on a rebuilding Atlanta Hawks team.

This is probably true.   Although if Melo plays great this year ( regardless of the location ), that may put him in position to get one more modest pay day, much like Joe Johnson was able to do when he left Brooklyn.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I f*cking hate how everyone turned his back on him. Its not that he did something throughout this offseason. Its agenda-driven shittalk against him what caused all that. 

We were never with him.

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ayo @Spud2nique, I almost strangles my heat fan BIL yesterday.  Said us trading Teague was the worst thing we could've done.  Thinks we shoulda kept him, Millsap, etc.  I was like, dummy do you realize what that team woulda cost us to just fizzle the F out in round 2 every year?

Wow...how do you get through the holidays?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Lin should start at the beginning of the season. Young needs to earn the starting spot.

I agree with this.  You shouldn't just give the young player the starting nod without the player earning it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Based on what metric?  It sure wasn't eFG% or TS%.

The way NBA calculates its efficiency ratings.   He was 12th among PGs and 68th in the entire league.   NBA Efficiency ratings are simply based on production.  We can get all cute with eFG% and TS%.  But at the end of the day, it's all about who can produce.   

(PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK − Missed FG − Missed FT - TO) 

If one guy has a TS% of 53%, and can create his own shot and produce big numbers at times . . . while another guy has a TS% of 63%, but can only create offense as a spot up shooter, and doesn't have any other production outside of making a few threes per game . . . the guy with the TS% of 53% is the better asset to your team.

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The way NBA calculates its efficiency ratings.   He was 12th among PGs and 68th in the entire league.   NBA Efficiency ratings are simply based on production.  We can get all cute with eFG% and TS%.  But at the end of the day, it's all about who can produce.   

(PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK − Missed FG − Missed FT - TO) 

If one guy has a TS% of 53%, and can create his own shot and produce big numbers at times . . . while another guy has a TS% of 63%, but can only create offense as a spot up shooter, and doesn't have any other production outside of making a few threes per game . . . the guy with the TS% of 53% is the better asset to your team.

So they call a stat "efficiency" that doesn't take efficiency into account at all?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2018&year_max=2018&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=gs&c1comp=gt&c1val=50&c2stat=usg_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=27&order_by=efg_pct

I ran a comp on all players who started at least 50 games and had a usage rate of 27% or greater and sorted them based on shooting efficiency.  The only player with a worse shooting efficiency than Dennis was Dennis Smith, a rookie.  Now, Russell Westbrook wasn't that efficient either, but he makes up for it by being a strong finisher at the rim, gets to the free throw line, rebounds, and defends at a much higher level than Dennis.

• Premium Member
ICYMI, the Steve Holman radio supercut is coming up on 92.9 FM soon!

#DennisSchroderForTheLoveOfGawd

~lw3

This move is good for Steve’s blood pressure unless Trae continues launch [emoji573] mode from way downtown like he did in SL [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So they call a stat "efficiency" that doesn't take efficiency into account at all?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2018&year_max=2018&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=gs&c1comp=gt&c1val=50&c2stat=usg_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=27&order_by=efg_pct

I ran a comp on all players who started at least 50 games and had a usage rate of 27% or greater and sorted them based on shooting efficiency.  The only player with a worse shooting efficiency than Dennis was Dennis Smith, a rookie.  Now, Russell Westbrook wasn't that efficient either, but he makes up for it by being a strong finisher at the rim, gets to the free throw line, rebounds, and defends at a much higher level than Dennis.

LOL . . in other words.  Russell is a production monster, which is why he is seen as a very good player, despite the low efficiency from a shooting standpoint.

And the fact that Dennis had a Usage Rate over 30%, goes to my point about the Hawks literally not having any other scorers on the team outside of Dennis.

The NBA Efficiency Rating has fewer outliers than just about any other metric, when judging who are the true impact players in this league.  It perfectly illustrates why an analytics darling like a Kyle Korver, was really useless in the Golden State series, because he really only does one thing well, and can't create his own shot to affect the game on a nightly basis.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

That efficiency number is junk compared to other advanced metrics like ws/48.

No it's not.  Because a scrub can have a great WS/48, but not have a real effect on a game.

Who would you rather have?   Kyle Anderson ( WS/48 of .151 ) . . . or Dennis Schröder? ( @WS/48 of .059 )

And we're not talking about contracts or anything like that.  We're talking straight up on the court.

The only reason why Kyle had a .151 WS/48, was because he isn't asked to be the #1 option on a horrible team.