• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Not cheap but incredibly wasteful with Ressler's money. How many high dollar people has he bought out with nothing to show for it? If I was ressler, I'd tell slinky that he's gonna pay for it out his own pocket. In essence we paid $28 million superstar money for a mediocre draft pick.

Your math isn't adding up, because the Hawks removed $20.5 Million in salary for Muscala and Dennis and are now paying Carmelo $28 to go away.  So he's only wasting $7.5 million of Ressler's money to get way more cap flexibility next year to get a very good free agent and or take on more contracts for draft picks.  

What would you have done?  We are not winning that much next season anyway.

• Like 4

Just now, marco102 said:

Your math isn't adding up, because the Hawks removed $20.5 Million in salary for Muscala and Dennis and are now paying Carmelo $28 to go away.  So he's only wasting $7.5 million of Ressler's money to get way more cap flexibility next year to get a very good free agent and or take on more contracts for draft picks.  

What would you have done?  We are not winning that much next season anyway.

Cap flexibility is meaningless on this team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macknsweetjones said:

You don’t know what you would do it’s ok to admit you don’t know what you’re talking about 

If that makes you feel better about yourself. I would tried to unload Dennis when he still had value and try to acquire a pass first point guard. When d8 contract expired try to get someone else rather than pay $12.5 million for plumlee  

This may shock some coming from me, but I've been studying Justin Anderson some over the past couple of hours.  This guy could potentially do for Atlanta what Jae Crowder did for Boston during their rebuild.  They are very similar players, and their age 24 stats when compared to one another are very similar.  

I'll say it.  We will look back on this trade by Travis Schlenk and call this a heist for the Hawks because of the impact Justin Anderson will have on winning actual games.  He may not put up flashy numbers, but his versatile defense and developing offensive efficiency will be a big key in keeping the Hawks from staying at the bottom for multiple years.  

I like this pick up.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This may shock some coming from me, but I've been studying Justin Anderson some over the past couple of hours.  This guy could potentially do for Atlanta what Jae Crowder did for Boston during their rebuild.  They are very similar players, and their age 24 stats when compared to one another are very similar.  

I'll say it.  We will look back on this trade by Travis Schlenk and call this a heist for the Hawks because of the impact Justin Anderson will have on winning actual games.  He may not put up flashy numbers, but his versatile defense and developing offensive efficiency will be a big key in keeping the Hawks from staying at the bottom for multiple years.  

I like this pick up.

What makes him better than Cleveland?

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I like this pick up.

I like him to a degree but he doesn't play like Jae Crowder.  His BBIQ has to improve on defense. He also needs to get back into better shape like he was in Houston.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What makes him better than Cleveland?

He's a legit NBA talent. I am not sold that Cleveland is. The issue with Anderson is what is his NBA strength as a wing. If he can develop one like Robert Covington did, who's knows. But he needs more development. He's a lot like Bazemore when he came to Atlanta from LA. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a legit NBA talent. I am not sold that Cleveland is. The issue with Anderson is what is his NBA strength as a wing. If he can develop one like Robert Covington did, who's knows. But he needs more development. He's a lot like Bazemore when he came to Atlanta from LA. 

Maybe Pierce weighed in on this trade

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I like this pick up.

Justin Anderson is a left handed Demarre Carroll before Carroll improved his 3 point stroke.  Yes his defense is that good at 24.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like him to a degree but he doesn't play like Jae Crowder.  His BBIQ has to improve on defense. He also needs to get back into better shape like he was in Houston.

I think you're thinking of the wrong Anderson.  Anderson was never in Houston.  He's played for Dallas/Philly.

Career numbers

168 games - 19 starts.

14.3 minutes per game

5.8 pts, 2.8 reb, .7ass, .4stl, .3 blcks

Last year in Philly

38 games played

13.7 minutes

6.2 pts, 2.4 rebounds.

PER 36 last year 

16.4 ppg,  6.5rpg

1 minute ago, falconfan13 said:

lol we gonna start a hawks squad group on WOW now  XD  Been playign since 11-23-04 1st day mannoroth server was opened. 

Nice...well with "communities" being cross realm that might be a thing now...add me  gmcamp#1736 .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Not cheap but incredibly wasteful with Ressler's money. How many high dollar people has he bought out with nothing to show for it? If I was ressler, I'd tell slinky that he's gonna pay for it out his own pocket. In essence we paid $28 million superstar money for a mediocre draft pick.

And nobody wants to admit to this.  This more than likely isn't going to be a lottery pick that we get 4 years from now.   It'll be a pick somewhere around 15 - 24.   Essentially, we're buying out of Schröder's contract early, to get another pick in the range that we chose Schröder in.

It's better than nothing, I guess.