• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Haha.  He and soth deserve a mountain of comeuppance for all the complainin they been doing.

I'll admit, as a staunch Slink hater, this was probably as good a deal as could be had.

Yes, I spent the entire last season plus acting like a troll posting dozens of times a day hating the rebuild and the entire idea of a rebuild. Oh wait. I only complained about drafting Acie Law 2.0 and the bad trades Stink has made.

8 hours ago, thecampster said:

I think you're thinking of the wrong Anderson.  Anderson was never in Houston.  He's played for Dallas/Philly.

Career numbers

168 games - 19 starts.

14.3 minutes per game

5.8 pts, 2.8 reb, .7ass, .4stl, .3 blcks

Last year in Philly

38 games played

13.7 minutes

6.2 pts, 2.4 rebounds.

PER 36 last year 

16.4 ppg,  6.5rpg

This the one from UVA, I got the right Anderson, wrong team. I seen him play a lot. He signed a strange contract in the draft because he felt he could get more money on the open Market

3 hours ago, aali34 said:

In Schlenk we trust

Lol

10 hours ago, sturt said:

4 years in the NBA is an awful long time. No team's status is all that certain when you get out that far... and for that matter, no team's GM's status is all that certain from year to year... the bad ones lose jobs, the good ones get poached by other teams.

You know this.

Agreed. Look how quick everything blew up for Cleveland. One day they're in the finals and a couple of days later crap hits the fan and the team starts falling apart. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Buyoutschmyout... whats the rush?

Why not take our time, and just see if there are any trade offers instead? If HOU likes him so much, maybe we should see how much they like him.

No?

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Why not take our time, and just see if there are any trade offers instead? If HOU likes him so much, maybe we should see how much they like him.

No?

His deal is toxic. They like him on the cheap, not at 27% of the cap for a 6th man or 4th option role.

• Moderators
Just now, sturt said:

No?

No way Houston trades for Melo when they can just be patient.  Only way they trace for him is if the Hawks get another team interested which nobody else is.  Melo is like Dwight and is cancerous to a locker room.

29 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Some people were overly critical and I'm sure the losing didn't help.  I give him credit for wanting to win.  In the end though, he gave his haters ammunition to keep hating.  That's not turning on him, that's just what it is.

I love that he wanted to win. We don't have normal rebuilding youngins; these guys are used to being in the playoffs, and playing in big games. I would hate being Taurean and Dennis and being this bad. Taurean probably won't mind because he'll get more shots to inflate his value for his next deal, but Dennis already had his deal. I want guys that aren't ok with losing.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

No?

He had a no trade clause.  He waived it after he got assurances from us that we would buy him out.  Melo is almost impossible to trade so I don’t think it is remotely worth sacrificing our integrity to try to get something out of him.

• Like 4

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Can we swing a deal with another team and agree to pay a portion of his salary to make is more palatable for a team to trade for him?

No.  The cap charge travels with him. We can send cash to help offset it but that is limited to something like $3M.  

Plus we promised to cut him to allow him to join teams that couldn’t fit him into their cap so I don’t want us to be liars.

• Like 2

Just now, ATLien_ said:

I love that he wanted to win. We don't have normal rebuilding youngins; these guys are used to being in the playoffs, and playing in big games. I would hate being Taurean and Dennis and being this bad. Taurean probably won't mind because he'll get more shots to inflate his value for his next deal, but Dennis already had his deal. I want guys that aren't ok with losing.

If Dennis wanted to win so bad, then why did he play point guard like he was the only one on the floor.

Consider this

Dennis took 17.1 shots per game last year and turned the ball over 2.7 times. That is 19.8 possessions that ended with Dennis.  Dennis shot 4 fta per game last year. He had 6.2 assists per game.

23.8% of Dennis possessions last year ended in an assist.  65.8% of Dennis possessions last year ended up in a shot for Dennis. 10.4% of Dennis possessions ended in a turnover.  This means that 76.2% of the time, Dennis did not involve his team mates properly in the possession....is that really someone who wants to win basketball games at the point guard position?

Dennis 76.2%

Team 23.8%

There is a reason he was not popular with his teammates. There is a reason Prince openly criticized him on twitter. 

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/05/17/are-hawks-teammates-taurean-prince-and-dennis-Schröder-subtweeting-each-other/

Dennis was not popular in the locker room and his ball hogging, me first attitude was the primary reason.  There's a reason you see Prince and Bembry court side at summer league and Dennis in Germany. 

In 5 short years, he bumped heads with Howard, Teague, Horford, Millsap and Bud getting benched on more than one occasion. Winning basketball isn't just scoring points 1 v 1.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, AHF said:

He had a no trade clause.  He waived it after he got assurances from us that we would buy him out.  Melo is almost impossible to trade so I don’t think it is remotely worth sacrificing our integrity to try to get something out of him.

Not so fast.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/10/oklahoma-city-thunder-grant-permission-carmelo-anthony-no-trade-clause

Actually, he waived it long before we came into the picture.

He waived it in order to get out of OKC, no matter what it might take.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, thecampster said:

His deal is toxic. They like him on the cheap, not at 27% of the cap for a 6th man or 4th option role.

Everything you just said is also true of Ryan Anderson.

And of course, he's currently a Rocket.

I have to wonder out loud if a deal couldn't be struck.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not so fast.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/10/oklahoma-city-thunder-grant-permission-carmelo-anthony-no-trade-clause

Actually, he waived it long before we came into the picture.

He waived it in order to get out of OKC, no matter what it might take.

That differs from other reports but doesn’t change the fact that he is a toxic contract.  If the other reports are wrong about us promising to cut him then we should try to deal him but it is hard to see any team giving up $28M in contracts and improving by adding Melo.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Yes, I spent the entire last season plus acting like a troll posting dozens of times a day hating the rebuild and the entire idea of a rebuild. Oh wait. I only complained about drafting Acie Law 2.0 and the bad trades Stink has made.

Your constant comparison of Trae Young to Acie Law is as much of an "off your rocker" opinion as Supes's constant JJJ is Marvin Williams 2 opinion is.  There is absolutely no similarity between the players.

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, sturt said:

No?

56 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

You should want guys who are competitive AND will sacrifice for the team.  The latter is what Dennis would not do.