• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

There has been a change in Atlanta's win projections this coming season

Peoriabird

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Then comment on that report appropriately when it comes out stating that Schlenk drafted and brought in a lot of talented players but has force them to lose but now isn't the time since that report does not exist. Your above statement is a loser mentality statement as well in case you haven't realized ot yet.

It's not a loser's mentality on my part.  It's realism.  This team is going to have a 3rd year player, two second year players, and three rookies all likely getting major minutes in the rotation.  That means it is going to be a very long season when you combine that with a GM that wants to lose and establish a losing culture.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's not a loser's mentality on my part.  It's realism.  This team is going to have a 3rd year player, two second year players, and three rookies all likely getting major minutes in the rotation.  That means it is going to be a very long season when you combine that with a GM that wants to lose and establish a losing culture.

Thought between Collins’ development, bringing in Lin as a mentor and keeping Dedmon you were coming around to the idea that Schlenk might want to develop good habits for the kids?

• Like 2

We had to tank completely just to lose as many games as we did. I've said it once, it will take tanking to lose so many games. I still think this is a 29 win max team but you never know. If just one player goes above and beyond, like Prince, Collins, Young or a bench player, this team could be something good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thought between Collins’ development, bringing in Lin as a mentor and keeping Dedmon you were coming around to the idea that Schlenk might want to develop good habits for the kids?

He hates Schlenk so he can't see the forest from the trees

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I was hopeful, but I don't think Schlenk has it in him.  You cannot develop good habits in the kids while focusing on losing as many games as possible.

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you tell me what is the point of arguing with a person who thinks that you wife or girlfriend is pretty then?

If I KNEW that she wasn't pretty according to "society's standards" of pretty, but you thought she was pretty, I would accept the compliment.

But this would be more like you thinking that someone else's wife is pretty, but everybody around you doesn't see what you see.

I'll never forget a few years ago, my then girlfriend was watching The Talk ( one of those gossip shows like The View ).  They were doing a segment with the co-hosts about to go backstage and have ALL of their makeup removed.  Most of those ladies looked good to decent with makeup.  But when they came back out . . . whoa.

Now this is Julie Chen ( who is the host of Big Brother ).   With makeup, I think she's a very good looking woman.  Without makeup, you may still see a very good looking woman.  But to most, she may be just average or even below average.

Image result for julie chen no makeup

I hate to single out women like this, but they are the ones who can make their appearance change dramatically with makeup and other accessories.

So if you think the Hawks look like Julie Chen with makeup on . . and I think they look like Julie without makeup . . but you can still see the glowing beauty in "no makeup Julie" . . it's all good.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Now you are accusing KB of having a “loser mentality”?  Lol.  Is this because your predictions that the team would not even consider dealing Dennis turned out 100% wrong?

I was referring to coming up with a conspiracy that would predict losing is a losing mentality.  Also I said that the Hawks would not trade Dennis for nothing which they did not do

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I was referring to coming up with a conspiracy that would predict losing is a losing mentality.  Also I said that the Hawks would not trade Dennis for nothing which they did not do

Yep.  That is all you said.  You were all about how the Hawks were actively shopping Dennis and wouldn’t take less than a lottery protected 2022 pick.

• Premium Member
This is exactly the losing mentality I have talked about.

Also, this same source projected the Hawks win total at 32.1 wins last year, so they have a significant flaw in their projection system.

When you have an even younger team than last year, and you have significantly downgraded at the head coach position, that doesn't really set up success for this year.

I wouldn’t call that a significant flaw if it was a projection based on this same time last year. During the season many games were missed by rotation front court players and it was obvious the team had mailed it in by benching healthy players toward the end of the season. If the team had tried to maximize wins 32 would’ve been possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, turnermx said:

I wouldn’t call that a significant flaw if it was a projection based on this same time last year. During the season many games were missed by rotation front court players and it was obvious the team had mailed it in by benching healthy players toward the end of the season. If the team had tried to maximize wins 32 would’ve been possible.

That team was maximized last year.  I projected 23 wins before the season started.  This year, I'm projecting 18 wins.

• Premium Member
That team was maximized last year.  I projected 23 wins before the season started.  This year, I'm projecting 18 wins.

Well I disagree and the only reason your pessimistic projection was realized was due to excessive injuries and player personnel decisions. Your current projection is also far too pessimistic. I’m projecting 25 wins, much of it late in the season as a low and 35 as a high were Trae to develop faster than expected and Lin relatively healthy much of the season. I agree with AHF that the play of backcourt starters will drive the win total.

2 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Well I disagree and the only reason your pessimistic projection was realized was due to excessive injuries and player personnel decisions. Your current projection is also far too pessimistic. I’m projecting 25 wins, much of it late in the season as a low and 35 as a high were Trae to develop faster than expected and Lin relatively healthy much of the season. I agree with AHF that the play of backcourt starters will drive the win total.

My projection is right in line with other idiotic tanking teams.

There is a world where Lin stays healthy and plays well, Trae is a strong ROTY contender, one or both of Collins and Prince take a big step forward, and Pierce motivates the team to be better defensively. That could have us winning 35+ games, especially if guys like Bembry, Huerter, and Spellman give us more than expected off of the bench. 

I'm not counting on it, though, and it's not some horrible thing for your rookies to struggle. Most do.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yep.  That is all you said.  You were all about how the Hawks were actively shopping Dennis and wouldn’t take less than a lottery protected 2022 pick.

No, I just thought that the trade proposal made no sense as presented.  Now that we received essentially 2 1st round picks, It makes more sense

• Premium Member
We only have 3 rookies on the team and 2 of them may not get major minutes

And even as “struggling rookies” they project to be better this season and deliver more than what we filled the roster with last year when winning could’ve been detrimental to the quality of talent obtainable from the draft

• Like 1