• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks sign C Alex Len

GrimeyKidd

Just now, terrell said:

Kinda like a poor mans Capela. I like it..

And Len isnt decent at catching lobs. Did you see Jock Landale? lol

Just now, terrell said:

And Len isnt decent at catching lobs. Did you see Jock Landale? lol

"Is", not isnt. lol. 

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Solid for a reserve big, IMO.  

I already posted a video of his outside shooting in practice. He can do it but Phoenix's system didn't all for it. Their 3 centers attempted a total of 3 three pointers last year, all by Len who made 1 of 3.

Meh... Doesn't move the needle much but honestly was hoping for some more tomato cans (for you boxing or wrestling fans out there) since we are still aiming for a high lottery pick, right? I hope Len gets with the program this year and misses every rebound and  put back, but next year plays for real. I'm not really for a losing mentality, but since we are already here... May as well own it. Moving the needle (slightly) in the wrong direction. Normally would be fine with this signing, but in this particular year would prefer Kaba or even *gulp* Jock Lawndummy.

12 hours ago, KB21 said:

I don’t put much value into what LeBron says about coaches.

I definitely will give you that. He tends to own them more than listen to them. 

• Like 1

One of the best things out of this is that Plumlee doesn't have to be injured to not play more than a handful of minutes now. Dedmon and Len are a pretty decent rotation at C for this upcoming season. Wonder if Plumlee breaks one or two hundred minutes this year with no injuries to Dedmon and Len or lose the game benchings of Dedmon and Len. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Meh... Doesn't move the needle much but honestly was hoping for some more tomato cans (for you boxing or wrestling fans out there) since we are still aiming for a high lottery pick, right? I hope Len gets with the program this year and misses every rebound and  put back, but next year plays for real. I'm not really for a losing mentality, but since we are already here... May as well own it. Moving the needle (slightly) in the wrong direction. Normally would be fine with this signing, but in this particular year would prefer Kaba or even *gulp* Jock Lawndummy.

Never! I never want to see Landale ever! That's worst than any tank all by itself.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, KB21 said:

I’m trying to find sources that suggest Jent as a shot doctor.  I haven’t found any yet.  

I know this is kicking a dead horse but here is a source on Jent's shooting rep at OSU. I believe that rep is a major reason if not the main one for us hiring him.

https://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/23/from-lebron-james-to-buckeyes-a-coach-brings-his-shooting-touch/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thecampster said:

I already posted a video of his outside shooting in practice. He can do it but Phoenix's system didn't all for it. Their 3 centers attempted a total of 3 three pointers last year, all by Len who made 1 of 3.

I've got to see it in game action.  Anyone can make long jumpers unguarded with no pressure on them.

10 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

He hasn't prevented Phoenix from losing all these years and this is the best contract he could muster so don't worry.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

In fairness to Nique, he played in an era where big white bum centers were common in the league and so his disdain is understandable.

If I spent most of my prime years with Koncak, Blair Rasmussen, and Tim McCormick riding shotgun in the paint with me, I'd be apprehensive too.. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

If I spent most of my prime years with Koncak, Blair Rasmussen, and Tim McCormick riding shotgun in the paint with me, I'd be apprehensive too.. 

Rasmussen was ahead of his time.  That guy could shoot the three point shot.  He couldn't do anything else, but he could do that.  So, you started in the early '90s, huh?  Wasn't Tim McCormick's son a prospect for the draft a year or two ago?  And did Dominique never have a son that played basketball?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I only partially agree with you.  Your summary is too intellectually stated!  What that poster posted was not.  It was an emotional response to a move to signing a young player with size and some talent who might be a useful future asset on a winning team.  Sounds like he is too blinded by his convictions to losing and see the signing as an immediate obstacle to his dream of what he thinks should take place this season which is trying to win the lottery yet again.  The question for guys like this is when does it stop?  For some reason fans on this site have fallen in love with the destruction process to the point where its never enough.  We have 3 lottery picks on the team now with 1 that should have been and its still not enough. we will get 2 possible 3 more next year but will that be enough?  I say the posters that want this team to continue to lose this year are going too far.

I agree with this statement, but that shouldn't come to any surprise.  I emphatically believe that you cannot properly develop young talent when you don't have quality veteran talent around them to show them the ropes, and I do not believe young talent can be properly developed when your goal is more about losing games to get a high pick rather than developing that young talent.  

The focus starting this year should be on properly developing the young talent they have put on the team and setting up the infrastructure to develop the players you will be adding in future drafts.  If that means winning 28 games instead of 22, then they should push for that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Never! I never want to see Landale ever! That's worst than any tank all by itself.  

It would be injustice for Trae too for him to drop a nice dime only to have Lawndale cough it up at the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• Premium Member
You took the words right out of my mouth...That was a terrible post and was my biggest fear regarding the Hawks fan base.  The mere notion that the fan base would be ripping the Hawk organization for picking a good player that would threaten a desire to lose is just appalling!

Wow.. what is the world coming to in this case I agree with both KB and Peoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2