• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Building our winning Hawk team

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Isaiah Taylor was top 8 in total minutes played... only 8 minutes fewer than Iyasova.  Collins played the 4th most minutes 4 minutes fewer than Bazemore.  Even Dorsey played more minutes than Moose at almost 1000 minutes last season.  The Total number of rookie minutes last year equaled 5,413.  Our 3 rookies would have to average 1,804 or 22 minutes per game each to equal the total from last year which is very unlikely!!!

The only point I am making is that there will be fewer rookie minutes played this year vs last year so you can't Use the argument that there will be more rookie minutes played this season as a reason for pessimism!

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

This is a tanking team.  Young players play on tanking teams regardless of whether they have earned it or not.  It's one reason why proper player development doesn't happen in tanking environments/cultures.  

Yeah I agree, but specifically. Take Huerter, he is our 1st round pick too as a SG/SF, but assuming Baze and Prince start, he will have to split BACKUP minutes with Bembry, Dorsey and Anderson. So if Prince and Baze get 30 mpg each, that only leaves 36 mpg total for those 4 players to SHARE. Thats why I said unless he balls out and earns a lion share of those backup minutes, he is going to be sharing time with other young guys that we are  also trying to develop at the same position to see what they have. 

Then take Spellman. With Collins taking starter minutes of at least 30 mpg, but likely more. that leaves 15 mpg MAX for Spellman at PF. Thats not taking in to account small ball lineups we will likely use to get more of our wing s on the court.

The only rookie that will get big minutes out of the gates is Young. Collins and Prince can be considered younger guys but they performed like vets so Im giving them the veteran respect.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The starters will be Young, Baze, Prince, Collins, and Dedmond with Lin, Huerter, and Spellman being the first three off the bench.

Why?  Why would essentially a 2nd round rookie play over say Alex Lin who was the freaking 5 pick in his draft with 5 years of experience???  Why would Hueter play ahead of Bembry who was drafted in the same range but has 3 years of NBA experience already and plus Huerter is coming of surgery?

If Young earns the starting Job which is entirely possible then he will have proven that he is better than LIN so why would this be a net negatively for the team???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why?  Why would essentially a 2nd round rookie play over say Alex Lin who was the freaking 5 pick in his draft with 5 years of experience???  Why would Hueter play ahead of Bembry who was drafted in the same range but has 3 years of NBA experience already and plus Huerter is coming of surgery?

If Young earns the starting Job which is entirely possible then he will have proven that he is better than LIN so why would this be a net negatively for the team???

Young will be GIVEN the starting job.  Huerter and Spellman will be GIVEN that playing time.  Like I said, this team is still tanking from a management standpoint.  They will play the youth as a vector to their tank.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

This is a tanking team.  Young players play on tanking teams regardless of whether they have earned it or not.  It's one reason why proper player development doesn't happen in tanking environments/cultures.  

Based on your logic, neither Ilyasova, Belineli, or Delaney should have seen the floor then.  Baze, Dennis' and Dedmon's minutes should have been limited too!  Why did Collins play 30 minutes a game last year if the tank was on?

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Young will be GIVEN the starting job.  Huerter and Spellman will be GIVEN that playing time.  Like I said, this team is still tanking from a management standpoint.  They will play the youth as a vector to their tank.

Why didn't it happen last year?  Same management right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Based on your logic, neither Ilyasova, Belineli, or Delaney should have seen the floor then.  Baze, Dennis' and Dedmon's minutes should have been limited too!  Why did Collins play 30 minutes a game last year if the tank was on?

Because Bud was not on board with the tank.  Duh!

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why didn't it happen last year?  Same management right?

Why it will happen this year when it did not happen last year?  Lloyd Pierce vs Mike Budenholzer.

That's why.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Agenda exposed!

I found a few of KBToys' thoughts on Coach Buttz:

"Coach Buttz lives vicariously through himself."

"When it is raining, it is because Coach Buttz' is thinking of something sad."

"Coach Buttz once had an awkward moment ... just to see how it feels."

"Coach Buttz once coached a team to a title."

- Oh wait, that last one actually only happened in the warped mind of @KB21 .

:cool:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Regardless of whether you want to believe it or not, the reason Bud isn’t here and Pierce is has everything to do with tanking.  Pierce is fine with absorbing losses.  Bud wasn’t.  

Another one of Bud's relatives Geez.  How many of y'all come here? LOL!

• Premium Member
Regardless of whether you want to believe it or not, the reason Bud isn’t here and Pierce is has everything to do with tanking.  Pierce is fine with absorbing losses.  Bud wasn’t.  

One thing I know for a fact :that Pierce is fine with absorbing losses is only your opinion.

Budenholzer may very well have wanted a veteran team while Pierce was willing to take on a rebuilding team but Budenholzer forced himself out to give Pierce that opportunity. No coach in the NBA could want to lose imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22 hours ago, hazer said:

We should have 3 lottery picks this year, next year should full on try to make playoffs.

Not that easy to just turn it up and on if losing will be the only culture most of our players currently knew/know. Habits don't just change overnight and I'm sure whatever rookies that get drafted early in next years draft with have flaws just as this yr and past years. How far down a hole are we going to go before we can start looking up? I say the hole isn't that deep and we can start looking up now whatever that may bring. I'm definitely not going to fault us for being better than expected and for making me excited to watch every game. I might if the opposite happens. I expect us to be young but if we are some how throwing games i won't be pleased as a fan. I'm a winner (because I don't quit) and I expect my team to be the same.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, turnermx said:

One thing I know for a fact :that Pierce is fine with absorbing losses is only your opinion. Budenholzer may very well have wanted a veteran team while Pierce was willing to take on a rebuilding team but Budenholzer forced himself out to give Pierce that opportunity. No coach in the NBA could want to lose imho.

This time next year we will be the talk of the NBA. Two years from now we will be the envy of every coach with a treadmill team. Be careful what you wish for Bud is all I have to say.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This time next year we will be the talk of the NBA. Two years from now we will be the envy of every coach with a treadmill team. Be careful what you wish for Bud is all I have to say.

tenor.gif

• Premium Member

Says more about him than it does the team when he gave up on Collins and Prince by walking out the door on the rebuild process with the potential they demonstrated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Says more about him than it does the team when he gave up on Collins and Prince by walking out the door on the rebuild process with the potential they demonstrated.

Actually, it says more about what Travis Schlenk has planned for this organization in the short term.  Strategic losing.  Lots of losing.  

• Premium Member
Actually, it says more about what Travis Schlenk has planned for this organization in the short term.  Strategic losing.  Lots of losing.  

In other words Schlenk is partaking in a rebuilding project typical to all professional athletics, letting overpriced vets walk to be replaced by a foundation of cheaper young talent.

• Like 1