• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

Two things:   

First, and most important, I beat hubby in a game of HORSE today.  He didn't know that my jumper is WATER. 

Second, multiple sources indicate that the Northcyde Ballers have submitted a trade proposal for a young player previously selected in this draft.  If the trade falls through, they may take the best shooter left on the board.

4:57 PM - 30 Jul 2018 
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Two things:   

First, and most important, I beat hubby in a game of HORSE today.  He didn't know that my jumper is WATER. 

Second, multiple sources indicate that the Northcyde Ballers have submitted a trade proposal for a young player previously selected in this draft.  If the trade falls through, they may take the best shooter left on the board.

4:57 PM - 30 Jul 2018 

Is it sad ? that I literally get pumped up for squawk dynasty rumors?

#loveit

• Like 2

To announce the 62nd pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, I'll turn to Harlem's Finest, turned ATLien . . Jim Jones.

Image result for jim jones

Nah.  Hell naw.   Not the preacher turned mass murderer Jim Jones.    The other Jim Jones

With the 62nd pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Northcyde Ballers select the new Mr. Cleveland

Image result for collin sexton summer league

COLLIN SEXTON

The young bull out of Marietta is already a basketball legend, even before he steps foot in the NBA.  You see, Collin almost pulled off one of the greatest feats in basketball history, when playing with only 2 other players, led a comeback against Minnesota that dang near won the game.

A fight led to almost the entire Alabama bench to be ejected, leaving the Crimson Tide with only 5 players.  Two of those guys fouled out, leaving Bama with only 3 players for about the last 7 minutes of the game.  Sexton, scoring 40 points in all, cut the lead all the way down to 3 with less than 2 minutes to go.  Bama would lose the game, but that game will define Sexton and the rest of his basketball career.

• Like 2

With the 63rd pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select:

ERIC GORDON

eric-gordon.jpg

This was a tough tough choice. I want to start building for the future but I also want this team to be able to contend with Butler, Hayward, and Holiday all hitting their primes. Gordon is arguably the best sixth man in the game. He has the potential to carry bench units by himself at times with his excellent scoring ability. I'm hoping he will be able to be a stabilizing force for my planned 2nd unit.

PG: Jrue Holiday

SG: Jimmy Butler/Eric Gordon

SF: Gordon Hayward

PF: Jaren Jackson Jr

C: Nikola Jokic

@lethalweapon3 you're up

• Like 1

• Moderators

In the 6th Round, with the 64th pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender select:

c60f8ef12e224896b2c675ed667b1f2f.jpg

700513105.jpg

mivbdqd88urno41xv8e5.jpg

Nice Uncle Sam impressions, Quin Price Snyder (Head Coach, Age 51, 6'3", 180 give or take 5 pounds or so). But, no, here in Lethalopolis, WE WANT YOU!

Who did you predict to be the ESPYs winner for Breakthrough Athlete of 2018, not just in basketball but in all of sports? Probably no one that Quin Snyder was coaching. Certainly, not an incoming, mid-tiered rookie talent that was perhaps undersized in a shooting guard role and forced to replace an All-Star that left town for Greener pastures.

Yet here Quin is, at the Tender age of 52, further solidifying his already growing reputation (perhaps initially steeled in Atlanta) as a Breakthrough Coach after four pro seasons at the helm, an unlikely second-round entrant in the Western Conference Playoffs in each of his last two seasons, after replacing one emerging star with a new, exciting superstar.

Moving onto the Tenders, he gets to coach another Breakthrough Athlete finalist, one, in Oladipo, who also lacks ideal size but has long possessed the tenacity for world-class defense, which has become Snyder’s calling card.

Imagine Quin having veteran point guard play, in Paul, that doesn’t need months to get acclimated to any new environment in order to excel. Despite a slower-than-average pace of play, Snyder’s team finished sixth in passes per game, a commitment to ball movement that will translate well under his and Paul’s insistence.

Imagine the coach turning the hardware-hungry Joel Embiid from Defensive Player of the Year finalist to award winner, as was the case with his last protégé at the pivot.

Imagine replacing your former leading scorer with a 30-year-old veteran who only arrived stateside at age 27, starting him for over 80 games, and succeeding anyway. In place of a pair of forward starters looking at the backside of their pro careers, now Snyder has a dynamic young duo of upstarts ready to listen and grow as defenders.

Snyder is famously fiery, competitive, and committed, much like his new floor general on the Tenders. He has proven that it won’t take too long to get starters and not-yet-drafted reserves on the same page. With an influx of talent yet to come, indicators “point” toward a Tender squad that will be of one accord, when it matters the most, at playoff time.

We have @Spud2nique with his next prime-time pick!

~lw3

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Is it sad ? that I literally get pumped up for squawk dynasty rumors?

#loveit

I wonder which young player they were targeting in that trade rumor?  I hope that news gets leaked.

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It looks like things are moving along again and I want to play today. Where is the potato head ( spud )?

Present ?! That’s Mr. Potato ? head to you... ? 

pick coming in 5....

Adam (Silver) needed to pee...

(Ya I’ll air his dirty laundry I don’t care...).

• Like 1

It seems as if my next pick has taken notice of what propels all the best offensive teams, and individuals, in the modern era of basketball — threes! 

A season after just 30 percent of shots came from behind the line, he’s firing from deep on 42 percent of his shot attempts, according to Basketball Reference. That’s a tremendous difference and equates to more than two more attempts per game. To compare, Klay Thompson shoots them 46 percent of the time, and Victor Oladipo 34 percent of the time. Both the % and total cracks top 20 in the league. 

According to The Athletic, Harris wore contact lenses before this season, but he suffered from eye infections when sweat would drip down. So Harris opted for lasik eye surgery over the summer, which he said has improved his vision.

Maybe he should have done this years ago.

Despite his label as an NBA veteran now in his seventh season, Harris is just 25 years old, nearing his prime years. That’s the plus of joining the league as an 18-year-old.

We are happy to have him join the starting five of the Spudders....

With the 65th pick of the SDD, the Spudders select:

TOBIAS HARRIS PF/SF

PG-Stephen ?/Trae Young

SG- Donovan Mitchell/

SF-Jaylen Brown/

PF-Tobias Harris/

C- Marc Gasol/

check out :27-:32 coast to coast Tobias!

@HopefulHawksFan is up next!

• Like 1

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It seems as if my next pick has taken notice of what propels all the best offensive teams, and individuals, in the modern era of basketball — threes! 

A season after just 30 percent of shots came from behind the line, he’s firing from deep on 42 percent of his shot attempts, according to Basketball Reference. That’s a tremendous difference and equates to more than two more attempts per game. To compare, Klay Thompson shoots them 46 percent of the time, and Victor Oladipo 34 percent of the time. Both the % and total cracks top 20 in the league. 

According to The Athletic, Harris wore contact lenses before this season, but he suffered from eye infections when sweat would drip down. So Harris opted for lasik eye surgery over the summer, which he said has improved his vision.

Maybe he should have done this years ago.

Despite his label as an NBA veteran now in his seventh season, Harris is just 25 years old, nearing his prime years. That’s the plus of joining the league as an 18-year-old.

We are happy to have him join the starting five of the Spudders....

With the 65th pick of the SDD, the Spudders select:

TOBIAS HARRIS PF/SF

PG-Stephen ?/Trae Young

SG- Donovan Mitchell/

SF-Jaylen Brown/

PF-Tobias Harris/

C- Marc Gasol/

check out :27-:32 coast to coast Tobias!

@HopefulHawksFan is up next!

Big steal ... its shocking he lasted this long and was my next pick ... I was hoping he would stay under the radar just a little longer

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Big steal ... its shocking he lasted this long and was my next pick ... I was hoping he would stay under the radar just a little longer

Ya I was deciding between him and Aaron Gordon and Lamarcus but lw and hopeful made it easier.

He has usually flown under the radar in my book as well. His numbers are pretty solid and earlier they were saying he was up for a max contract of ? mill+???? I guess he’s been working. Not a sexy pick but I think it works for my squad.

For my next pick, I select...

DENNIS Schröder

Last season Dennis averaged a career high 19.4 PPG for the Hawks.  I feel like he will really flourish as the 6th Man off the bench, like he did prior to Teague leaving Atlanta.  His speed and athleticism will be even more effective against other benches.  

Let's hope he will take this opportunity to grow up a little and really take ownership of his new role.  

Image result for dennis schroder

@AHF you're up!  PM Sent.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I was deciding between him and Aaron Gordon and Lamarcus but lw and hopeful made it easier.

He has usually flown under the radar in my book as well. His numbers are pretty solid and earlier they were saying he was up for a max contract of ? mill+???? I guess he’s been working. Not a sexy pick but I think it works for my squad.

I agree, he is a nice pick and always goes later than he should. The injury concerns when he was with the Bucks are way behind him now.