• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Premium Member

With the 71st pick the turnermx Make it Drizzle select PG Isaiah Thomas  - at age 28, recovering from hip surgery its quite a risk but we're going to have him back up Damian Lillard.  He is playing on a 1 year contract worth 2 million.  He's going to do his best in 2018-2019 to earn another contract. 

@Buzzard You're on the clock! Has been PM'd.

turnermx Make it Drizzle

PG - Damian Lillard / Isaiah Thomas

SG - Murray

SF - Covington

PF - Anthony Davis

C - Hassan Whiteside

isaiah_thomas_lakers_.jpg

• Like 1

With the 72nd pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Dennis Smith. Dennis is a young, athletic PG who showed the floor general savvy to run a NBA Team in just his 1st season. Making the NBA All Rookie 2nd Team is the first of many awards he will be receiving as his career progresses. 

During his first season Dennis struggled, as most rookies do, with his efficiency; but where he did not struggle was showing the confidence to take over an NBA team at only 19 years old in his first season. We are looking for Dennis to make nice strides this year; and having him surrounded by young yet experienced players in Beal, Porter, KAT, and Turner should help ease his transition into becoming a top NBA Point Guard. We love his size, athletic ability, confidence, and look forward to an upward trend in his overall game for years to come!

Please Welcome to the Flock Dennis Smith! 

1522209708-SPORTS-BKN-MAVERICKS-KINGS-11

• Like 2

Our next player has just to much natural ability to pass up. With the 73rd pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flock is going to double down again and select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. I like him so much, I suggested a couple of months ago if we took a big at #3 we should move up to take him as our future starting PG. With his size ( 6' 6" ) and shooting ability ( 40.4 from downtown ) it is not a stretch to see him playing either PG or SG anytime our coach sees fit.

In the SEC Tournament, Shai averaged 21.0 Points, 5.0 Boards, and 6.7 Assist.; and without this young man, Kentucky's run in the NCAA Tourney would have been short lived. He averaged 20 Points, 6.3 Boards, and 6.0 Assist during their run. Yes, we think he is a gamer; and those numbers just scream PG or SG in my opinion.

His summer league stats were as good as any PG playing this year but that is not a reason we are so thrilled to get him. Summer League, as we all know, can be very misleading. What also has us pumped is who recruited him in college and who was part of the selection process that made him the 11th pick in this years draft.

John Calipari recruits more NBA Stars and Starters in a two year period than most NBA Teams draft in a five to ten year period. He just has an eye for NBA Talent that I think is unmatched in the college game; though some Dukies would argue this. Then next we have the Wizard Jerry West who is a special consultant to the Clippers. I cannot say for sure, but I think they had their eye on this kid from jump street.

With both Calipari and West choosing Shai, I really love his chances! With no further ado, please Welcome to the Flock Shai Gilgeous-Alexander!

933226438.jpg.0.jpg

@turnermx is up and has been PMd

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think I jumped the gun...I saw a PM from Turnerms and assumed it was my turn...ooops

Just a little, you pick 75th. I had 72/73 and Turner has 74.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think I jumped the gun...I saw a PM from Turnerms and assumed it was my turn...ooops

Oh dang I wish I could see who you picked so I can pick him.

Anyone PM me if they saw Jay’s pick...and I got a ? for ya!

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

With the 72nd pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Dennis Smith. Dennis is a young, athletic PG who showed the floor general savvy to run a NBA Team in just his 1st season. Making the NBA All Rookie 2nd Team is the first of many awards he will be receiving as his career progresses. 

During his first season Dennis struggled, as most rookies do, with his efficiency; but where he did not struggle was showing the confidence to take over an NBA team at only 19 years old in his first season. We are looking for Dennis to make nice strides this year; and having him surrounded by young yet experienced players in Beal, Porter, KAT, and Turner should help ease his transition into becoming a top NBA Point Guard. We love his size, athletic ability, confidence, and look forward to an upward trend in his overall game for years to come!

Please Welcome to the Flock Dennis Smith! 

1522209708-SPORTS-BKN-MAVERICKS-KINGS-11

I like this pick. Kid is a stud.

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh dang I wish I could see who you picked so I can pick him.

Anyone PM me if they saw Jay’s pick...and I got a ? for ya!

i saw who it was , because i have email alert on this thread......and it was the guy that i was going to pick next.  :banghead:

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I like this pick. Kid is a stud.

I think PG is the deepest position in the NBA; even with that I did not foresee taking my first one this late. I can only hope it works out.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I think PG is the deepest position in the NBA; even with that I did not foresee taking my first one this late. I can only hope it works out.

They eggspurts compared him to Steve Francis. I think he’s much more unselfish and a better facilitator. I think Francis was a more dynamic scorer but honestly I’ve always wanted my pg’s to be distributors first.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, pimp said:

ohhh . i didn't even think about doing that. But it's a gread idea !
tenor.gif?itemid=7618321

i'm not gonna do that though :biggrin:

I seriously considered taking JBH pick but no way I could do that, I'm just too much a gentleman I guess... I'm picking Kyle Anderson and I wonder who JBH will pick now? hehe

I'll do a write up later! @JayBirdHawk you're up!

• Like 1