• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

I believe this pick is mine from @TheNorthCydeRises It's been almost a week since our last selection, but we're happy to select one of the best pick and roll big men in the league today. Sliding in at pick 93 THE MONSTERS AMONG MEN select Domantas Sabonis

891906640-new-york-knicks-v-indiana-pace

He shoots decently enough from deep and knows his position with the PnR/P. 5 of his 11 PPG last year came from the pick and roll, making him the 3rd best big man in the league (Points from PnR as the roller). Adding that to Clint Capela who is 2nd in that category with 5.2 ppg from the PnR and I'm happy with my big's production. 

@JayBirdHawk is up next

• Like 4

• Admin
1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

I believe this pick is mine from @TheNorthCydeRises It's been almost a week since our last selection, but we're happy to select one of the best pick and roll big men in the league today. Sliding in at pick 93 THE MONSTERS AMONG MEN select Domantas Sabonis

He shoots decently enough from deep and knows his position with the PnR/P. 5 of his 11 PPG last year came from the pick and roll, making him the 3rd best big man in the league (Points from PnR as the roller). Adding that to Clint Capela who is 2nd in that category with 5.2 ppg from the PnR and I'm happy with my big's production. 

@JayBirdHawk is up next

Excellent pick ... if i hadn't taken Sap he would have been my guy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

@JayBirdHawk is up next

Ooooooohhhhhhh lw3 just ? a bit..can’t get more of a solid, consistent no nonsense contributor to your team. Nice pick LucasIII!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

@JayBirdHawk is up next

I like this guy too and never will forget Presti moving up at the last minute to grab him right in front of us.

• Like 1

• Moderators

So this pick was driven by a lack of high upside wings in the draft at this point.  We are pretty happy with our mix of young veterans and elite young talents but the one thing we knew we needed was a wing with a little more size.  After surveying the board, we lined up our pick.  At #91 overall the U-Niques select:

Andrew Wiggins

wiggins posterizes gobert 2.3 - andrew wiggins gifs

andrew wiggins spin move vs rockets - andrew wiggins GIFs

The headlines for promoting this pick are:  

• He has averaged 20 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, 1 spg over the last 3 seasons!
  • He just finished his age 22 season so he has a ton of upside yet to come!
  • Highly athletic with a strong 6'8'' frame, 7' wingspan, and 8'11'' standing reach so he has an ideal SF frame with the ability to play some small-ball PF!
  • Former #1 overall pick just signed to a max contract!

What is there not to love?

Well...if we are being totally honest there are a few things we don't love.  He hasn't shown the dedication on defense that we'd like to see and that career .526% TS% is not going to cut it if he wants to reach his potential.  He also suffers from a rare disability where he mixes up the correct order of letters sometimes.  "It is UK, Andrew...not KU."

ashley-judd-politico.jpg

Harden has made an absolute science of optimizing smart shot selection and driving remarkably efficient scoring so we think that he will make for a good mentor for young Mr. Wiggins and we are happy to welcome him to the squad!

PG:  Kyle Lowry, Markelle Fultz

SG:  DeMar DeRozan (Harden / Fultz)

SF:  James Harden, Andrew Wiggins

PF:  Draymond Green

C:  Rudy Gobert, Deandre Ayton

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LucastheThird said:

Really solid pickup here.  Does a bit of everything pretty well and still developing along nicely at a young age.  Just makes me a bit sad everytime I see him that we didn't get to see his father play in his prime.  His feel for the game was so good when he finally made it to the NBA with his knees already shot.

• Like 1

With the 96th pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards take Evan Fournier. With Evan we are getting a young but experienced vet who should fill an immediate need coming off the bench stretching the floor for us. He offers the type of versatility to fit right in as a Shooting Guard or Small Ball SF. I think three point shooting is the weakest spot on our team. Evan who has a career 3PT% of .379 and career eFG of .525 should fill this void with ease. Welcome to the Flock Frenchman Evan Fournier!

j8.jpg

• Like 1

With the 97th Pick is the Dynasty Draft, I am sticking with the three ball theme. We are selecting SG Buddy Hield. Buddy is only 24 years old and I think he just started hitting his stride these past two seasons. This year he put up a career high in 3pt% at .431 and the previous season a career high 15 PPG. It is always so hard drafting on the end when you have five or more players you like. I just have to accept the fact that I cannot have them all and make my picks. Welcome to the Flock Mr. Buddy Hield!

5a2ffd4e13756.image.jpg?resize=1200,1602

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With the 97th Pick is the Dynasty Draft, I am sticking with the three ball theme. We are selecting SG Buddy Hield. Buddy is only 24 years old and I think he just started hitting his stride these past two seasons. This year he put up a career high in 3pt% at .431 and the previous season a career high 15 PPG. It is always so hard drafting on the end when you have five or more players you like. I just have to accept the fact that I cannot have them all and make my picks. Welcome to the Flock Mr. Buddy Hield!

5a2ffd4e13756.image.jpg?resize=1200,1602

He shot 43% from 3 last year? Yikes! Well you took care of a lot of perimeter scoring that’s for sure. Nice pickups Buzz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

He shot 43% from 3 last year? Yikes! Well you took care of a lot of perimeter scoring that’s for sure. Nice pickups Buzz.

Yes he did and I think he has a microwave type potential. The Kings are getting some talented players; question is always the same. Do they do anything good with them?

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Yes he did and I think he has a microwave type potential. The Kings are getting some talented players; question is always the same. Do they do anything good with them?

Yup. We shall see but they have some talented young guys. Microwave indeed young ?? gunner!

• Premium Member

Apologies for delay getting the picks in as I got sidetracked yesterday. With the 95th and 98th selections in the 2018 Dynasty draft the turnermx Make it Drizzle select Guard Kevin Huerter and Forward Omari Spellman respectively.  The Drizzle GM and Owner have a lot of confidence in these selections for helping the team in the long run. 

@JayBirdHawk is next and will be PMd.  Trust  in the Process!hehe

The turnermx Make it Drizzle

PG – Lillard/Thomas

SG – Murray/Huerter

SF – Covington/Anderson

PF – Davis/Spellman

C - Whiteside

SoE8j-qi.jpeg

omari_spellman_inline.jpg

• Like 3