2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

oh nice, looks like I came here at just the right time. With that being said, with the 106th pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select: 

D'angelo Russell

dangelo.jpg?w=620&h=349

Another pick for the future. I wanted to snag him here just to be safe. With all that out of the way, I'm still a believer in Russell. Before his injury last year, he was really showing out. I think he averaged 20 and 5, which is a great sign. His shooting could use some work still, but I like his skillset. Good ball handler, solid vision, and has the ability to create his own shot. I've always felt that he was more suited to play the SG on both offense and defense. Thats what I want him to groom him as on this team. However, with my team wanting to contend, i'll stick him at the backup 1 spot for now but he'll see time as the backup 2 or 3 in certain situations.

PG: Jrue Holiday/D'angelo Russell/De'Aaron Fox

SG: Jimmy Butler/Eric Gordon

SF: Gordon Hayward

PF:Nikola Mirotic/Jaren Jackson Jr

C: Nikola Jokic

@pimp you're up!

• Like 3

(( on tape delay ))

In case you missed, it, the Northcyde Ballers had a special guest announcer to give the possible "steal" of the draft.

Big Baller Brand's own . .

The Lithuanian Launcher . . 

The Hangzhou Heister . . 

LiAngeloooooo Baaalllllllllll

Image result for liangelo ball

With the 100th pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Northcyde Ballers select . . .

LOUIS TYRONE WILLIAMS

Lou was simply born to play basketball.  Born in Memphis.  Made in Metro Atlanta.  Lou has the swagger of a gunslinger in the Old West who mysteriously just showed up into town and kills all of the bad guys.   He doesn't pass ( or even look to pass ) well enough to be a point guard.  But at 6 - 1, he's way too small to be your prototypical shooting guard.

Because of this, Lou has carved himself a niche as a "mercenary scorer".  When the Los Angeles Clippers lost Chris Paul to the Houston Rockets in a trade the Clips had to make to keep from losing him for nothing, most people thought the Clippers would go into a full rebuild.  But in that trade, they acquired Lou, who ended up having one of his best years of his career in 2017 - 18.   At a whopping 22.6 ppg ( his career high ), Lou would go on to win his 2nd NBA Sixth Man of the Year award and solidify himself as one of the league's most lethal scorers.

Speaking of "scoring", Lou scores on and off the court.  A few years back when he was in Toronto, Lou had a little of that Memphis "pimp" blood come out in him, when it was found out that he had 2 girlfriends at the same damn time . . . who knew about each other . . . and were actually COOL with it . . because they were dating each other TOO.

Image result for louis williams nba atlanta

Despite the lady on the right being his baby mother, the lady on the left would eventually be the winner of Lou's heart, after baby mom's said she couldn't do the 3-way anymore.  No worries.  They're all winning.  Lou is seen constantly with his two daughters.  Baby mom's is all smiles on social media.  And the girlfriend ( who probably is wishing she'll become wifey . . and has a twin sister ), is living up in the luxury of Louwillville.

On the Ballers, Lou just has one job.  Put that orange sphere in the basket.

• Like 3

With the next pick of the draft, the AAF selects Nikola Vucevic , 
vucevic-wingspan.png

Age: 27 -  7ft - 260 lbs
Nikola Vucevic is a good you offensive center that will add more versatility to our roster.
Vucevic put up 16.5 ppg - 9.2 rpg - 3.4apg - 1.1 bpg in 57 games (fractured hand)
He can post up, faceup , hit the mid-range jumper ,and is above average passer for a big man.
in the 2017/18 season Vucevic extended his shooting  range to the 3pt line.
After only making 30 3s total in his first 6 seasons, he made 64 3 pointers in just 57 games last year.
He's not in a great situation in Orlando due to the drafting of Mo Bamba. But he will be a free agent in 2019 , and there will be plenty of teams looking for a modern center that can shoot and pass,and block shots, without turning the ball over much.
As for my team we like being able to sub Vucevic in for Andre Drummond, so we can stretch the
floor a bit, and not have to sacrifice much rebounding or shot blocking.

PG- Kyrie Irving
SG - Luka Duncic -
SF - Kawhi Leonard -
PF - Kevin Love
C -  Andre Drummod

BENCH
John Collins
Harrison Barnes
Nikola Vucevic

26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hide the women and children the Nikola’s are coming...

#i41amscared ☝️ ? ? 

and Nikola Vucevic

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, pimp said:

vucevic-wingspan.png

Nikola Vucevic is a good you offensive center that will add more versatility to our roster.
Vucevic put up 16.5 ppg - 9.2 rpg - 3.4apg - 1.1 bpg in 57 games (fractured hand)
He can post up, faceup , hit the mid-range jumper ,and is above average passer for a big man.
After only making 30 3s total in his first 6 seasons, he made 64 3 pointers in just 57 games last year.
He's not in a great situation in Orlando due to the drafting of Mo Bamba. But he will be a free agent in 2019 , and there will be plenty of teams looking for a modern center that can shoot and pass,and block shots, without turning the ball over much.
As for my team we like being able to sub Vucevic in for Andre Drummond, so we can stretch the

PG- Kyrie Irving
SG - Luka Duncic -
SF - Kawhi Leonard -
PF - Kevin Love
C -  Andre Drummod

BENCH
John Collins
Harrison Barnes
Nikola Vucevic

and Nikola Vucevic

Very good pick.  Had Julius Randle not been taken, I would've chose Randle and Vucevic, instead of Bagley and Carter Jr.  With Randle gone, I decided to go with the kids.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, pimp said:

vucevic-wingspan.png

PG- Kyrie Irving
SG - Luka Duncic -
SF - Kawhi Leonard -
PF - Kevin Love
C -  Andre Drummod

BENCH
John Collins
Harrison Barnes
Nikola Vucevic

and Nikola Vucevic

? please don’t make a trade with @Marvin24Williams he’s gonna monopolize the Nikos..

• Like 1

Gonna go ahead and snag up my coach now before one of you get the wrong idea thinking he's not already under contract. 

Coach Stephen Douglas Kerr

cb29feb6c465b01ec8148c468d92c4f5-dcdxw43

We all know his system and how he coaches, I don't really need a write up to explain his philosophy.

Next I start to finish up my 2nd unit with more defense, smart play, and spacing.  The Monsters Among Men select: DANNY GREEN

3988.png&w=350&h=254

Point Guards: Colin Sexton, Marcus Smart

Shooting Guards: Klay Thompson, Danny Green

Small Forwards: Ben Simmons, Jayson Tatum

Power Forwards: Al Horford, Domantas Sabonis

Centers: Clint Capela

Head Coach: Steve Kerr

GM: LucastheThird

@pimp is up next

• Like 3

• Moderators

So after seeing a run of rookies and young players hoping to earn solid roles in their team rotations this year, we felt like our pick sort of slid through the cracks.  Having just finished his age 23 season, he isn't that far apart in age from some of these youngsters but his production is already there and he fits like a glove into the perimeter big role we were hoping to fill with this pick. 

With the 102nd pick of the draft, the U-Niques select:

Dario Saric

dixon-176980-f-wp-content-uploads-2017-0

Having already drafted Rudy Gobert as an interior anchor and Draymond Green and Deandre Ayton as guys can play both inside and outside but who aren't dead-eye perimeter gunners, we felt we needed more for when it is time to spread the floor and someone we got a big who shot 39.3% form 3pt range last season on 5.1 attempts per game.  Makes us want to dance!

saricdancing1.gif

At 6'10'' and with versatile offensive instincts both scoring and moving the ball, Saric looks like a perfect fit with this squad. As young as he was this year, Super Dario put up a nice 6.6 win shares last season while scoring at a .582% TS% clip.  For raw numbers, he averaged a nicely balanced ~15 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists per game and showed significant growth from his rookie season the year before.  In the playoffs, he stepped up another notch averaging over 17 and 7 to go along with a nice 3.5 apg while averaging 2 3's per game on 38.5% shooting.  

The other advantage?  The marketing writes itself.

th?id=OIP.rnvOCg3Z88ZDvZuJu3YtFgAAAA&pid

We hope to see the dramatic improvement continue as he suits for the U-Niques.  Welcome aboard, Mr. Saric!

PG:  Kyle Lowry, Markelle Fultz

SG:  James Harden

SF:  DeMar DeRozan, Andrew Wiggins

PF:  Draymond Green, Dario Saric

C:  Rudy Gobert, Deandre Ayton

• Like 2

With the next pick the AAF selects Eric Bledsoe
509449.vresize.350.425.medium.99.png

Experience: 8 years
Stats:  17.8 pts -  5.0 ast - 3.8 rebs - 47.3 fg% - 34.7 3pt%

Bledsoe is looking for redemption after not playing well vs the Celtics in the playoffs.
And we here at AAF are willing to give him the chance to show that he is a better player than what he showed vs the Celtics.
We think that he is just a bad fit for that Bucks team , because they need more of a pure shooting pg to pair with the ball dominating Giannis , rather than a slasher like Bledsoe.

He is best driving downhill. He puts heavy pressure on defenses with his ability to turn on the jets and get to the basket. We feel he will be an nice complement off the bench, because we can keep
attacking the paint while Kyrie is resting.

pos- name           age

PG - Kyrie Irving - 26
SG - Luka Duncic -  19
SF - Kawhi Leonard - 27
PF - Kevin Love -    30
C -  Andre Drummod - 25

BENCH
John Collins 21
Harrison Barnes 26
Michael Porter 20
Nikola Vucevic 28
Eric Bledsoe 28

@Marvin24Williams,

• Like 2

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn
FollowingFollowing @wojespn
More

Per League approval, the Northcyde Ballers is trading the #148 pick  . . . to @Buzzard . . . for his #168 pick.   The Ballers are simply seeking to have the last pick in the draft, for entertainment purposes only.  If the trade is approved, Buzzard will have the #144, #145 and #148 picks, which will end his participation in the draft 20 selections early.  The Ballers will close out the draft with picks #165, and the final selection at #168.  Rumors are circulating that they will select an Eastern Conference coach with one of these selection.

11:39AM - 6 Aug 2018
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn
FollowingFollowing @wojespn
More

Per League approval, the Northcyde Ballers is trading the #148 pick  . . . to @Buzzard . . . for his #168 pick.   The Ballers are simply seeking to have the last pick in the draft, for entertainment purposes only.  If the trade is approved, Buzzard will have the #144, #145 and #148 picks, which will end his participation in the draft 20 selections early.  The Ballers will close out the draft with picks #165, and the final selection at #168.  Rumors are circulating that they will select an Eastern Conference coach with one of these selection.

11:39AM - 6 Aug 2018

? $hit smells fishy...

Lets see what Adam Silver says..

I ain’t ? tho do you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? $hit smells fishy...

Lets see what Adam Silver says..

I ain’t ? tho do you.

I think @TheNorthCydeRises just wants Mr. Irrelevant. I don't care one way or the other but finishing my draft up sooner than later is always a good thing.

• Like 3

Just now, Buzzard said:

I think @TheNorthCydeRises just wants Mr. Irrelevant. I don't care one way or the other but finishing my draft up sooner than later is always a good thing.

? I know I’m playing but I don’t think you can do a 3-2 pick trade it has to be 1-1...even in even out. Unless I read it wrong which is entirely possible.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

? I know I’m playing but I don’t think you can do a 3-2 pick trade it has to be 1-1...even in even out. Unless I read it wrong which is entirely possible.

It is a one for one. 148 for 168.

That would give me 145, 146, and 148 then I would be finished.

• Like 1