• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Premium Member

With the 123rd Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select  Hawks Bucks own:  

Coach Mike 'Flew the Coop' Budenholzer

Hate him for wanting out of the Hawks tank fest but his coaching ability cannot be denied. Now he finally has a 'Super Star' player to coach. 

G: Kemba Walker, Dejounte Murray

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Bam Adebayo

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen

@TheNorthCydeRises is up and will be PM'd

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 123rd Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select  Hawks Bucks own:  

Hate him for wanting out of the Hawks tank fest but his coaching ability cannot be denied. Now he finally has a 'Super Star' player to coach. 

G: Kemba Walker, Dejounte Murray

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Bam Adebayo

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen

@TheNorthCydeRises is up and will be PM'd

Bud is a solid coach; but I think he will be rubbing the rest of his hair off trying to shore up that Bucks defense, 17th ranked defensive rating. and 27th in defensive rebounds.

https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/?sort=DREB&dir=-1

• Moderators

Pick #    Team    Selection
1    Buzzard    Karl Anthony-Towns
2    turnermx    Anthony Davis
3    JayBirdHawk    Giannis Antetokounmpo
4    TheNorthCydeRises    LeBron James
5    capstone21    Kevin Durant
6    AHF    James Harden
7    HopefulHawksFan    Russell Westbrook
8    Spud2Nique    Steph Curry
9    lethalweapon3    Joel Embiid
10    Marvin24Williams    Nikola Jokic
11    pimp    Kawhi Leonard
12    LucastheThird    Ben Simmons
13    LucastheThird    Klay Thompson
14    pimp    Kyrie Irving
15    Marvin24Williams    Jimmy Butler
16    lethalweapon3    Victor Oladipo
17    Spud2Nique    Donovan Mitchell
18    HopefulHawksFan    Paul George
19    AHF    Rudy Gobert
20    capstone21    John Wall
21    TheNorthCydeRises    Kristaps Porzingas
22    JayBirdHawk    Devin Booker
23    turnermx    Damian Lillard
24    Buzzard    Bradley Beal
25    Buzzard    Myles Turner
26    turnermx    Robert Covington
27    JayBirdHawk    Kemba Walker
28    LucastheThird(from NC)    Jayson Tatum
29    capstone21    Khris Middleton
30    AHF    Draymond Green
31    HopefulHawksFan    Steven Adams
32    Spud2Nique    Jaylen Brown
33    lethalweapon3    Chris Paul
34    Marvin24Williams    Gordon Hayward
35    pimp    Andre Drummond
36    LucastheThird    Al Horford
37    LucastheThird    Clint Capela
38    Northcyde (from pimp)    DeMarcus Cousins
39    Marvin24Williams    Jrue Holiday
40    lethalweapon3    Lauri Markkanen
41    Spud2Nique    Marc Gasol
42    HopefulHawksFan    C.J. McCollum
43    AHF    DeMar DeRozan
44    capstone21    DeAndre Jordan
45    pimp (from Northcyde)    Kevin Love
46    JayBirdHawk    Jusuf Nurkic
47    turnermx    Hassan Whiteside
48    Buzzard    Brandon Ingram
49    Buzzard    Otto Porter
50    turnermx    Jamal Murray
51    JayBirdHawk    Taurean Prince
52    pimp (from Northcyde)    Luka Doncic
53    capstone21    Blake Griffin
54    AHF    DeAndre Ayton
55    HopefulHawksFan    LaMarcus Aldridge
56    Spud2Nique    Trae Young
57    lethalweapon3    Aaron Gordon
58    Marvin24Williams    Jaren Jackson Jr.
59    pimp    John Collins
60    Northcyde (from LCT)    Lonzo Ball
61    LucastheThird    Marcus Smart
62    LucastheThird(from NC)    Colin Sexton
63    Marvin24Williams    Eric Gordon
64    lethalweapon3    Quin Snyder
65    Spud2Nique    Tobias Harris
66    HopefulHawksFan    Dennis Schröder
67    AHF    Kyle Lowry
68    capstone21    Paul Millsap
69    TheNorthCydeRises    Kyle Kuzma
70    JayBirdHawk    Jarrett Allen
71    turnermx    Isaiah Thomas
72    Buzzard    Dennis Smith
73    Buzzard    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
74    turnermx    Kyle Anderson
75    JayBirdHawk    Gary Harris
76    TheNorthCydeRises    Tyreke Evans
77    capstone21    Mike Conley
78    AHF    Markelle Fultz
79    HopefulHawksFan    Mo Bamba
80    Spud2Nique    Josh Jackson
81    lethalweapon3    Julius Randle
82    Marvin24Williams    De'Aaron Fox
83    pimp    Harrison Barnes
84    Northcyde (from LCT)    Marvin Bagley
85    Northcyde (from LCT)    Wendell Carter
86    pimp    Michael Porter
87    Marvin24Williams    Nikola Mirotic
88    lethalweapon3    Kris Dunn
89    Spud2Nique    Jonathan Isaac
90    HopefulHawksFan    Gregg Popovich
91    AHF    Andrew Wiggins
92    capstone21    Brad Stevens
93    LucastheThird(from NC)    Domantas Sabonis
94    JayBirdHawk    Bam Adebayo
95    turnermx    Kevin Huerter
96    Buzzard    Evan Fournier
97    Buzzard    Buddy Hield
98    turnermx    Omari Spellman
99    JayBirdHawk    Kevin Knox
100    TheNorthCydeRises    Lou Williams
101    capstone21    Will Barton
102    AHF    Dario Saric
103    HopefulHawksFan    Jerami Grant
104    Spud2Nique    Enes Kanter
105    lethalweapon3    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
106    Marvin24Williams    D'Angelo Russell
107    pimp    Nikola Vucevic
108    LucastheThird    Steve Kerr
109    LucastheThird    Danny Green
110    pimp    Eric Bledsoe
111    Marvin24Williams    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
112    lethalweapon3    Dewayne Dedmon
113    Spud2Nique    Lonnie Walker
114    HopefulHawksFan    Kyle Korver
115    AHF    Goran Dragic
116    capstone21    Jonas Valanciunas
117    TheNorthCydeRises    Joe Ingles
118    JayBirdHawk    Dejounte Murray
119    turnermx    Brett Brown
120    Buzzard    Willie Cauley-Stein
121    Buzzard    Ricky Rubio
122    turnermx    Tristan Thompson
123    JayBirdHawk    Mike 'Flew the Coop' Budenholzer
124    TheNorthCydeRises    
125    capstone21    
126    AHF    
127    HopefulHawksFan    
128    Spud2Nique    
129    lethalweapon3    
130    Marvin24Williams    
131    pimp    
132    LucastheThird    

Hi kids!  Do you want to piss off your parents, ( or if you're an adult ), your significant other?

All you have to do is buy 1 million of these little Orbeez balls and do something outrageous with them.

In the NBA, every team needs someone to piss someone off.  An agitator.  A true irritant.  But for that guy to be effective, he also has to show the ability to play the game of basketball.

Unfortunately, this same guy has the ability to piss his own teammates off, including the fan base that initially embraces him, but acts like he's the devil by the time he's traded.

You know him.  You love him.

With the 124th pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft . . . the Northcyde Ballers select

Image result for dwight howard

DWIGHT HOWARD

People can continue to sleep on Dwight and try to deny his talent.  The facts are that this guy is still a HIGHLY productive center in the NBA.   Just because he doesn't shoot 3s or set "high quality screens", doesn't mean that this guy should be thrown away in the trash heap.

Dwight has averaged a double-double in each of his 14 years in the NBA.  Last season in Charlotte, all he did was average 16.6 ppg and 12.5 rebounds, to go along with 1.6 blocks and 57% FG.   If a lesser player put up these numbers ( cough ) Dewayne Dedmon ( cough ), or one of the rookies ( cough ) Marvin Bagley ( cough ). people would be acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread.  But because it's Dwight, ( and because he doesn't change his game to the "modern NBA" style of play, along with his "quirky" personality ), he is shunned.

We need quality production at the 5 spot while Demarcus is recovering.  If young Bagley isn't ready to be that high level player right away, I know that I can count on Dwight to steady the ship in the middle, and be very productive in the middle.

@capstone21 is up.

• Like 1

• Admin
35 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hi kids!  Do you want to piss off your parents, ( or if you're an adult ), your significant other?

All you have to do is buy 1 million of these little Orbeez balls and do something outrageous with them.

In the NBA, every team needs someone to piss someone off.  An agitator.  A true irritant.  But for that guy to be effective, he also has to show the ability to play the game of basketball.

Unfortunately, this same guy has the ability to piss his own teammates off, including the fan base that initially embraces him, but acts like he's the devil by the time he's traded.

You know him.  You love him.

With the 124th pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft . . . the Northcyde Ballers select

Image result for dwight howard

DWIGHT HOWARD

People can continue to sleep on Dwight and try to deny his talent.  The facts are that this guy is still a HIGHLY productive center in the NBA.   Just because he doesn't shoot 3s or set "high quality screens", doesn't mean that this guy should be thrown away in the trash heap.

Dwight has averaged a double-double in each of his 14 years in the NBA.  Last season in Charlotte, all he did was average 16.6 ppg and 12.5 rebounds, to go along with 1.6 blocks and 57% FG.   If a lesser player put up these numbers ( cough ) Dewayne Dedmon ( cough ), or one of the rookies ( cough ) Marvin Bagley ( cough ). people would be acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread.  But because it's Dwight, ( and because he doesn't change his game to the "modern NBA" style of play, along with his "quirky" personality ), he is shunned.

We need quality production at the 5 spot while Demarcus is recovering.  If young Bagley isn't ready to be that high level player right away, I know that I can count on Dwight to steady the ship in the middle, and be very productive in the middle.

@capstone21 is up.

My how the mighty has fallen.  I was wondering if he was even going to be drafted.  No denying his talent but I wouldn't want that guy in my lockerroom.

• Admin

With the next pick, Capstone's Crew selects:

Zach LaVine G

zach-lavine.jpg

Coming off a big injury and  signing a big contract, LaVine has a lot to prove this season.  At age 23 we are getting a high flyer who can  hit the three or dunk it in your face.  An excellent ball handler, Zach can also switch over to PG and run the offense.  This team is nothing but versatility.  His D is suspect but he is surrounded by defenders who will help him to learn.  He is a blank canvas that will be molded by our coach and Vets.  Welcome to the Crew Zach.

@AHF is up

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

22.0 NBA Efficiency Rating and a 20.5 PER last season for Dwight.

This puts him squarely in the top 10 in centers in the NBA.   A literal STEAL in the 11th round.

Justify it all you want he’s a deadbeat. ☺️ ? 

Just now, capstone21 said:

With the next pick, Capstone's Crew selects:

Zach LaVine G

zach-lavine.jpg

Coming off a big injury and  signing a big contract, LaVine has a lot to prove this season.  At age 23 we are getting a high flyer who can  hit the three or dunk it in your face.  An excellent ball handler, Zach can also switch over to PG and run the offense.  This team is nothing but versatility.  His D is suspect but he surrounded by defenders and he will have no choice but learn from them.  He is a blank canvas that will be molded by our coach and Vets.  Welcome to the Crew Zach.

@AHF is up

Scratching off list...

• Moderators
3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

My how the mighty has fallen.  I was wondering if he was even going to be drafted.  No denying his talent but I wouldn't want that guy in my lockerroom.

I totally get NorthCyde's rationale for taking him but the fact that 3 teams in the last two years have now given away value to get rid of him speaks volumes.

Atlanta took on more money, more years, a worthless player (undrafted to this point so won't mention his name) and dropped in the draft to unload him.

Charlotte took on more money and more years and an even more worthless player to get rid of him.

Then Brooklyn agreed to pay him $20M to go away.  

An easily cut-able contract in Washington sounds about right for him.  He needs a redemption year where his teammates and management aren't ready to unload him at year end.  Maybe NorthCyde will be willing to give up a pick next year to get rid of him.  :stirthepot:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I totally get NorthCyde's rational for taking him but the fact that 3 teams in the last two years have now given away value to get rid of him speaks volumes.

Atlanta took on more money, more years, a worthless player (undrafted to this point so won't mention his name) and dropped in the draft to unload him.

Charlotte took on more money and more years and an even more worthless player to get rid of him.

Then Brooklyn agreed to pay him $20M to go away.  

An easily cut-able contract in Washington sounds about right for him.  He needs a redemption year where his teammates and management aren't ready to unload him at year end.  Maybe NorthCyde will be willing to give up a pick next year to get rid of him.  :stirthepot:

You put that so elegantly, brought a ? to my eyes. ? You got a ?.

• Like 1

• Moderators

As much fun as offense can be, there is a time to buckle down and crush the will of your opponent.  And our latest pick is focused on doing exactly that.  We have the last two DPOY as our starting PF and C and bulldogs coming out of the great white north on our team but our bench has some young guys who will take time to develop into defensive impact players so we are going with someone who will bring elite wing defense to the team and give us some different looks to play with on the floor.  The fact that he is only 26 years old gives us a high degree of confidence that he will continue to grow and with our defensive core teams are going to absolutely struggle to run their sets.  With the 126th pick of the draft, the U-Niques select:

Andre Roberson

w640-7342ef9b3de6042ca6590e1378c01bdc.jp

We'll get to the numbers in a minute, but one thing we love is watching him do his thing against the best.  Like the King:

or the Greek Freak

giphy.gif

That always makes us want to clap and cheer to watch.

250926-ashley-judd.jpg?itok=3VuVqiN0

"Did you see how he slumped his shoulders after Roberson absolutely blanketed him on that drive?  I think he lost the will to live!"

So why take somebody who offensively is a weak link?  It is real simple: with Roberson on the court last year, OKC’s opponent offensive rating was 99.2; when he was off, it was 110.7. The Thunder was a near-elite defensive unit when Roberson played and was awful when he didn’t. His Real Defensive Plus-Minus, per ESPN.com, was 4.34, second only to Utah’s Rudy Gobert (5.06).  Despite his pretty ugly offense, he consistently puts up nice WS/48, BPM, VORP and other advanced numbers due to his extreme impact on the defensive side of the floor.

With length, agility and a nice 6'7'' frame, he has played roughly 50% of his minutes at SG and 50% at SF and has vastly improved his team's defense whenever he is on the floor regardless of position.  That kind of versatility will play well for us.

Roberson was All-NBA defense two years ago and was a shoe-in last year before he got injured.  We look forward to seeing what he can do with a whole different caliber of defenders alongside him.  Welcome to the U-Niques, Mr. Roberson!

PG:    Kyle Lowry    Goran Dragic    
SG:    James Harden    Markelle Fultz    
SF:    DeMar DeRozan    Andrew Wiggins    Andre Roberson
PF:    Draymond Green    Dario Saric    
C:     Rudy Gobert    Deandre Ayton    

@HopefulHawksFan is on the clock

• Like 1

I did not expect LaVine to drop due to his athletic hype: but I was hoping Roberson would keep dropping and falling off the radar. I am now in BPA mode again and would have taken him and/or LaVine next.

36 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I did not expect LaVine to drop due to his athletic hype: but I was hoping Roberson would keep dropping and falling off the radar. I am now in BPA mode again and would have taken him and/or LaVine next.

Thought about taking LaVine, but didn’t know if i wanted to take him for a 3rd year in a row!

Just now, pimp said:

Thought about taking LaVine, but didn’t know if i wanted to take him for a 3rd year in a row!

I have taken KAT and Turner in a few recent various drafts myself. I cannot seem to stay away from KAT and Turner's ( PF/C ) inside outside ability. I have a tendency to snag Porter as well.

With the 127th pick, I select...

JOSH RICHARDSON

Richardson averaged career highs across the board (points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks). But perhaps most impressive about J-Rich is his tenacious defense.  This is huge at the Small Forward position when there are so many superstars he has to defend.  He will be a great addition to the bench now that his offense is catching up with his defense.

Image result for josh richardson

@Spud2nique You're up!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I have taken KAT and Turner in a few recent various drafts myself. I cannot seem to stay away from KAT and Turner's ( PF/C ) inside outside ability. I have a tendency to snag Porter as well.

I think you might have had Turner in the Squawk league draft last year... Anyway i ended up passing on C.J , DeRozan, and Kanter, just because i wanted my team to have a different identity than i have had in the past 3 dynasty drafts and 2 fantasy drafts.