• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Can somebody upload our rosters to 2k18 and make it public so I can download that ? and beat the hell out of @pimp‘s team and his 17 Hall of Famers....

?

Looks like my rookie just beat your rookie in a shootout :biggrin:

On 8/12/2018 at 11:58 AM, AHF said:

Our next pick is a nice round number at 150 and our remaining roster spots are quickly drying up so we wanted to add some backcourt depth and perimeter shooting.  How many guys remaining fit that bill and are still young enough to keep improving?  Not many but this one does.  Plus, how many people get to have the same name for their first and last name?  Nique will get serious headspin trying to sort that out.  With the 150th pick, we take:

Bogdan Bogdanovic

He started over his 24 year old teammate Buddy Hield last season despite it being Hield's 3rd year in the league but both were among the few effective players for the Kings.  In fact, their numbers are very similar as both guys chip in with some efficient scoring, rebounds and assists.  We expect that Bogdan will be a key piece for the Kings again this season and a nice rotation player for the U-Niques.

@HopefulHawksFan is on the clock

Coach:    Rick Carlisle        
PG:    Kyle Lowry    Goran Dragic    
SG:    James Harden    Markelle Fultz    Bogdan Bogdanovic
SF:    DeMar DeRozan    Andrew Wiggins    Andre Roberson
PF:    Draymond Green    Dario Saric    
C:     Rudy Gobert    Deandre Ayton    

It was just Hield's 2nd season and Hield made All Rookie 1st team in his first. Both players do give the Kings nice young sharp shooters on the cheap for a few years. It is up to the the rest of their youth to start coming through. I think Cauley-Stein will have a solid year but their Point Guards and Bagley are really needed if they ever expect to get out of the lottery anytime soon.

With the 159th pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select:

MITCHELL ROBINSON

USATSI_10928507-1024x765.jpg

I think Robinson will be a monster on defense. He has the physical tools to be an elite defensive big in today'a NBA. Shot blocking, rim protection, pick & roll defense, and switching. Robinson has the potential to be great to elite in all those aspects on defense if he puts in the work. 

PG: Jrue Holiday/D'angelo Russell/De'Aaron Fox

SG: Jimmy Butler/Eric Gordon

SF: Gordon Hayward/Rondae Hollis-Jefferson/Kelly Oubre Jr

PF: Nikola Mirotic/Jordan Bell

C: Nikola Jokic/Jaren Jackson Jr/Mitchell Robinson

@lethalweapon3 you're up!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

All I have done is apologize for taking forever, missing my picks, etc.  But I really am sorry!  I was recently elected to city council and we have some developers trying to build warehouses near homes and, needless to say, it's consuming my life.  I know, excuses, excuses...

But here are my two missed picks really quick...

DARREN COLLISON

BROOK LOPEZ

Thanks for understanding!  (I honestly just hope neither of them are taken already and I overlooked it...)

2 solid picks.  Collison would've gone in the top 75 a mere 2 years ago.

• Moderators

In the 14th and Final Round, with the 160th Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

Jeremy-Lamb-Barstool-1.jpg

Not gonna pull the wool over your eyes. The fleece of Jeremy Emmanuel Lamb (Shooting Guard/Small Forward, 6’5”, 185 lbs., Age 26) isn’t as white as snow (looks kinda blue, from my vantage point). Yet, everywhere that Jeremy heads, Lethalopolis is sure to go. Viva La Lamb!

When the Noiseless Norcrossian gets a write-up in this space, you’ll know.

Next up at bat, thanks to a quick PM, is the magnifique @Spud2nique!

~lw3

• Moderators

The Conference Race has never been closer!

Top 160: WEST 80, EAST 79 (1 unrestricted free agent)

TOP TEAMS:

Lakers - 8

Celtics - 8 (incl. 1 coach)

Warriors - 8 (incl. 1 coach)

Nuggets - 7

Thunder - 7

HAWKS - 6

Pacers - 6

heat - 6 (incl. 1 coach)

Bucks - 6 (incl. 1 coach)

Sixers - 6 (incl. 1 coach)

Jazz - 6 (incl. 1 coach)

BOTTOM TEAMS:

Pistons - 3 (incl. 1 coach)

Trail Blazers - 3

Nets - 4 (incl. 1 coach)

Hornets - 4

Clippers - 4

Grizzlies - 4

Timberwolves - 4

Suns - 4

~lw3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

It was just Hield's 2nd season and Hield made All Rookie 1st team in his first. Both players do give the Kings nice young sharp shooters on the cheap for a few years. It is up to the the rest of their youth to start coming through. I think Cauley-Stein will have a solid year but their Point Guards and Bagley are really needed if they ever expect to get out of the lottery anytime soon.

You are 100% correct.  Just glanced at Hield and saw three lines due to his split season with the trade.

• Like 1

Avg Age on roster:       24.34

8 prospects on my final pick. The last pick will probably get the avg of my roster age from 23.95 to 25.10 depending if I go young or old saavy vet on this.

• Like 1

•    15. James Johnson, Miami Heat
2017-18 Per-Game Stats: 10.6 points, 5.1 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 0.9 steals, 0.7 blocks, 49.1 percent shooting
Advanced Metrics: 15.5 player efficiency rating, 27.63 total points added, 1.81 real plus-minus
James Johnson is the same Swiss army knife he was last season, albeit in smaller doses. The Miami Heat's frontcourt rotation is weird, and his share of the offense has dipped even with Dion Waiters watching from the sidelines.
But he's still their most versatile player—and among the most multifaceted in the league. He can switch across almost every position on defense, direct pick-and-rolls, act as the primary rim-runner and lead the charge in transition.
If he could shoot league average from three—or even match last year's accuracy on long twos—he'd leapfrog more than a few names currently in front of him.

-Bleacher report

My take on James. He can dribble, he can drive, he can pass, he can shoot, he can rebound, he can lead the break as well as finish it. He can ? players down on D if you need him to. He’s also a certified bada$$ in ? as he’s a black belt, both his parents are black belts, his 8 siblings are black belts and btw he’s 7-0 in MMA and 20-0 in kickboxing (not sure if current but at some point). 

He is a perfect fit for the ? club as our Swiss Army knife do it all guy. Shoot, he might even start some games as he’s one of only a few vets on the squad. Not a bad last pick and keeps my roster age under 25 at 24.91 years of age. I could be off like I said I trust the final numbers of lw3 but close enough to 25 which players generally reach the beginning of their prime. Basically what I’m saying is the Spudsters will be on y’all a$$es now AND in 5 years! 

Ps Here is James dunking over his own point guard Scurry ? 

• Like 1

? Final roster (depth included)

PG-Stephen Curry/ Trae Young

SG- Donovan Mitchell/Malik Monk/Lonnie Walker

SF-Jaylen Brown/ James Johnson/Josh Jackson

PF-Tobias Harris/Thaddeus Young/Jonathan Isaac

C- Marc Gasol/Enes Kanter

Coach: Kenny Atkinson (age 51.3 ?)

I ? my team can contend for a title now as well as later. I have some guys like Harris and Kanter that have been around forever but still in their prime as far as age is considered. I have some pit bulls like Jaylen Brown and James Johnson that don’t mind getting dirty with you, athleticism in Josh Jackson and Isaac not to mention their youth. Future playmaker in Trae and backcourt ? power with Monk and Walker IV. Vet lead by example Thad and unselfish ⭐️ power with Curry ? n Gasol!

I know I’m biased but I ? my ? team ?!!!! 

GO ATLANTA ? ERS!!! (Thrust the process!... ?)...

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? Final roster (depth included)

PG-Stephen Curry/ Trae Young

SG- Donovan Mitchell/Malik Monk/Lonnie Walker

SF-Jaylen Brown/ James Johnson/Josh Jackson

PF-Tobias Harris/Thaddeus Young/Jonathan Isaac

C- Marc Gasol/Enes Kanter

Coach: Kenny Atkinson (age 51.3 ?)

I ? my team can contend for a title now as well as later. I have some guys like Harris and Kanter that have been around forever but still in their prime as far as age is considered. I have some pit bulls like Jaylen Brown and James Johnson that don’t mind getting dirty with you, athleticism in Josh Jackson and Isaac not to mention their youth. Future playmaker in Trae and backcourt ? power with Monk and Walker IV. Vet lead by example Thad and unselfish ⭐️ power with Curry ? n Gasol!

I know I’m biased but I ? my ? team ?!!!! 

GO ATLANTA ? ERS!!! (Thrust the process!... ?)...

I like your back court combo of Curry and Donovan and then Trae to bring along a lot but think my youngsters may give yours a run for the money. Since Pimp was pumped up about his HOF players, I made a list of my players based on accolades/year won and ages beside each one.

All Stars

SG Bradley Beal 2018, 25 years old. Also 2013 NBA All Rookie 1st Team

PF/C Karl Anthony Towns 2018, 22 years old.  Also 2016 NBA All Rookie 1st Team.

NBA All Rookie 1st Team

PG Ricky Rubio 2012, 27 years old

SG Buddy Hield 2017, 24 years old

NBA All Rookie 2nd Team

PG Dennis Smith Jr 2018, 20 years old

SF Brandon Ingram 2017, 20 years old

PF/C Myles Turner 2016, 22 years old

PF/C Willie Cauley-Stein 2016, 24 years old

The Rest:

PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 20 years old, SG Josh Hart 23 years old, SG/SF Evan Fournier 25 years old, SF/PF OG Anuoby 21 years old, SF/PF Otto Porter 25 years old.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like your back court combo of Curry and Donovan and then Trae to bring along a lot but think my youngsters may give yours a run for the money. Since Pimp was pumped up about his HOF players, I made a list of my players based on accolades/year won and ages beside each one.

All Stars

SG Bradley Beal 2018, 25 years old. Also 2013 NBA All Rookie 1st Team

PF/C Karl Anthony Towns 2018, 22 years old.  Also 2016 NBA All Rookie 1st Team.

NBA All Rookie 1st Team

PG Ricky Rubio 2012, 27 years old

SG Buddy Hield 2017, 24 years old

NBA All Rookie 2nd Team

PG Dennis Smith Jr 2018, 20 years old

SF Brandon Ingram 2017, 20 years old

PF/C Myles Turner 2016, 22 years old

PF/C Willie Cauley-Stein 2016, 24 years old

The Rest:

PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 20 years old, SG Josh Hart 23 years old, SG/SF Evan Fournier 25 years old, SF/PF OG Anuoby 21 years old, SF/PF Otto Porter 25 years old.

My favs on ur squad are : Dennis Smith Jr./Ingram and Turner.

And from the rest I love OG and Hart. Both future if not current impact guys. 

I ? you and I will be future rivals! I can see it now...

Dennis Smith Jr. vs Trae Young

Brandon Ingram vs Jaylen Brown

OG Anunoby vs Josh Jackson

We will battle @Buzzard like the Lakers and Celts of the 80’s! ? ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My favs on ur squad are : Dennis Smith Jr./Ingram and Turner.

And from the rest I love OG and Hart. Both future if not current impact guys. 

I ? you and I will be future rivals! I can see it now...

Brandon Ingram vs Jaylen Brown

OG Anunoby vs Josh Jackson

We will battle @Buzzard like the Lakers and Celts of the 80’s! ? ? 

It took the whole draft to get rid of the sense that my team was not balanced defensively. I think OG and Cauley Stein filled that void well. I also think Hart could end up being the best SG I have have for both ends of the floor.

Your back court would take mine to school to start with. Three years from now it could be a more balanced match up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Actually let’s face it ...won’t be these two it’ll be my other rivalry with @pimp “aka the Sixers in the 80’s to our Laker/Celt thing”and his boy ..

Luka Duncic...he refuses to spell it Doncic but these two our linked forever as well all know. Maybe switch out ur Dennis Smith Jr. for ur Shai Gil Alex to battle Trae! ? 

• Like 1