• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

My next pick offers up immense stardom for the future and has the physical tools to boot. He is raw and needs to develop in his all around game, however, he looks NBA-ready in one major facet of the game: DEFENSE!

Major emphasis on the Spudsters team this season will be versatility that starts with defense. We want our guys to be able to switch on pick n rolls and we are confident that this young man can switch on almost anyone and possibly play 1-5 D. 

What makes him unique is a rare ability to both guard the perimeter and defend the rim. A 7’1” wingspan allows him to hound guys inside n out.

Like Anthony Davis before him, our pick here will likely spend most of his time at power forward, given the way the NBA has been trending. But he was raised as a wing. That means he’s comfortable on the perimeter with the ball in his hands attacking the defense with either his jump shot or off the dribble.

He doesn’t tend to take many bad shots, at least in his college days at Florida State he averaged about 8 shots. His role will us will be much of the same, efficiency in scoring>volume. He’s also got a nice looking stroke from three and with his size, it’s hard to imagine many people being able to consistently block his shot.

Without further adieu,

With the 89th pick in the SDD, the Spudineers select:

Jonathan Isaac

6’10” 210 Power Forward

@HopefulHawksFan you are up!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kings depth chart

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/sac/sacramento-kings

Bulls depth chart

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/chi/chicago-bulls

If this is accurate, I think both guys are going to play a lot.   I still say that Carter is a Day 1 starter, over (UNDRAFTED PLAYER AND TWIN BROTHER OF ANOTHER ~lw3).

Bagley may actually get a run for his spot by (UNDRAFTED YOUNGBLOOD ~lw3), but both should play extensively.

Lol.  Dang.  My bad.  Nice Edit by the mods.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lol.  Dang.  My bad.  Nice Edit by the mods.

I really believe your only problem is if you are expecting a good run from them in their 1st year. I expect Shai to play but nowhere as good as he did in college or summer league. I think your two bigs make it in the NBA but playing at a high level will probably not happen for a couple of seasons. That is my expectations for most rookies, yours may very well be different.

Like I said, they were both on my radar until you took them. Great picks this late.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I really believe your only problem is if you are expecting a good run from them in their 1st year. I expect Shai to play but nowhere as good as he did in college or summer league. I think your two bigs make it in the NBA but playing at a high level will probably not happen for a couple of seasons. That is my expectations for most rookies, yours may very well be different.

Like I said, they were both on my radar until you took them. Great picks this late.

I expect no less than 15 pts - 8 rebs from both guys.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kings depth chart

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/sac/sacramento-kings

Bulls depth chart

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/chi/chicago-bulls

If this is accurate, I think both guys are going to play a lot.   I still say that Carter is a Day 1 starter, over (UNDRAFTED PLAYER AND TWIN BROTHER OF ANOTHER ~lw3).

Bagley may actually get a run for his spot by (UNDRAFTED YOUNGBLOOD ~lw3), but both should play extensively.

That is exactly what I said.  They will play a ton and for this league playing rookies against All-Stars with Cousins and Kristaps hurt would be a challenge.  I like both those picks for sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Hopeful's got plenty of time, clock runs 'til 9:17 AM Eastern tomorrow if necessary.

~lw3

I’m up at #104 pick I ? im gonna take a mini vacation...and grab a big gulp. Lw3 sponsored! ✌️ 

• Like 2

I had a offer for Hopeful but I have cancelled it since she never replied. I sent her a PM letting her know. I may not be on in time to make my  ( her ) pick and if she gets passed up I sure don't want her pick. I will just stick with 96 and 97 and will be back later today.

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

Working out so writeup will come later and not sold on this pick at all but I’m on a roll drafting #1 overall picks so we’ll take:

Andrew Wiggins

@capstone21 is on the clock

This is who I was trying to move up to get! I need some offense and that is what I see him as good at. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Working out so writeup will come later and not sold on this pick at all but I’m on a roll drafting #1 overall picks so we’ll take:

Andrew Wiggins

@capstone21 is on the clock

This late in the draft to get a young potential 20ppg scorer is rock solid. If he returns to his contract year form, Wiggins is a steal IMHO. Your team has enough interior defenders to help out on those who blow by him. I thought mine did to with KAT and Turner.

• Moderators
On 7/31/2018 at 9:17 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

Top 70 so far.

First 60 -- West 34, East 26

First 70 -- West 40, East 30

Rookies: 5

Coaches: 1

~lw3

Top 90 so far. (coaches included)

CORRECTIONS:

First 60 -- West 33, East 27

First 70 -- West 39, East 31

First 80 -- West 46, East 34

First 90 -- West 53, East 37

Rookies: 10

Coaches: 2

First 90, By Divisions:

Southwest 19

Northwest 18

Pacific 16

Atlantic 14

Central 12

Southeast 11 (incl. 3 Hawks)

~lw3

• Admin

With the next pick Capstone's Crew selects

BRAD STEVENS coach

18srdlu79yo5yjpg.jpg

The best coach in the league not called Pops and he is only 41!!  This guy knows his Xs and Os.  He preaches defense, teamwork, ball movement and smart offense.  We consider this a coup that Mr. Stevens is willing to come lead this squad!

@TheNorthCydeRises is up

• Like 2

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

With the next pick Capstone's Crew selects

BRAD STEVENS coach

18srdlu79yo5yjpg.jpg

The best coach in the league not called Pops and he is only 41!!  This guy knows his Xs and Os.  He preaches defense, teamwork, ball movement and smart offense.  We consider this a coup that Mr. Stevens is willing to come lead this squad!

@TheNorthCydeRises is up

Nice pick!  It is actually @LucastheThird who is up.  Blame TraderNorthCyde!

93 LucastheThird(from NC)
94 JayBirdHawk  
95 turnermx  
96 Buzzard  
97 Buzzard  
98 turnermx  
99 JayBirdHawk  
100 TheNorthCydeRises  
101 capstone21  
102 AHF  
103 HopefulHawksFan  
104 Spud2Nique