• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks To Sign Alex Poythress To Two-Way Contract

Vol4ever

Tht'

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two way players aren't counted towards the 15 man roster.  Should be 17 total.

That's what I said....2nd 2 way player....only 2 allowed....so only signing now is the last roster slot.  Not sure how you got confused?

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Tht'

That's what I said....2nd 2 way player....only 2 allowed....so only signing now is the last roster slot.  Not sure how you got confused?

I think Travis has said that he's only going to carry 14 players into the regular season, and I think the roster stands at 13 after Anthony's buy out: 1.  John Collins, 2.  Taurean Prince, 3.  Dewayne Dedmon, 4.  Kent Bazemore, 5.  Jeremy Lin, 6.  Trae Young, 7.  Kevin Huerter, 8.  Omari Spellman, 9.  Alex Len, 10.  Justin Anderson, 11.  DeAndre Bembry, 12.  Tyler Dorsey, 13.  Miles Plumlee.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Tht'

I counted 13 players on the NBA team, we have 2 spots still. Or did I count incorrectly?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think Travis has said that he's only going to carry 14 players into the regular season, and I think the roster stands at 13 after Anthony's buy out: 1.  John Collins, 2.  Taurean Prince, 3.  Dewayne Dedmon, 4.  Kent Bazemore, 5.  Jeremy Lin, 6.  Trae Young, 7.  Kevin Huerter, 8.  Omari Spellman, 9.  Alex Len, 10.  Justin Anderson, 11.  DeAndre Bembry, 12.  Tyler Dorsey, 13.  Miles Plumlee.

Thanks for confirming 13 players currently signed.

• Premium Member

See him as a slightly shorter version of my dark horse, Inglis.

2018-07-24_2209.png

2018-07-24_2210.png

2018-07-24_2208

2018-07-24_2209.png

So, I had this guy pegged for that 14th roster slot, if indeed Pierce liked him... it appears he must.

My guess is that he might unofficially be just that, and instead of 14, we could carry 13... leaving us ample room to pick up random waiver wire casualties as Schlenk sees fit through the season.

Postscript... I still prefer the one who is about 18 months younger, can put the ball on the floor reliably, and has an exceptional BBIQ. But if Poythress can develop that 3 into something much more consistent, he could be an exceptional addition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

You know... When I see players come into the league that were born in the 90's it makes me feel old as crap. It really does. lol

Well, we got families now. We aren't young anymore. I mean, kids these days entering the league are born in 2000

*yawn*

Dude was supposed to be a 1AD at Kentucky then, because he's not that good, he ended up staying there like 13 years.  Same guy that went in is the same guy that came out (no development).  Not sure what we're expecting him to be.  Seems like a poor man's Marcus Morris at best.

*yawn*

Other than making 'it' move for @AHF, what's this signing do for us?