• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks To Sign Alex Poythress To Two-Way Contract

Vol4ever

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Well, we got families now. We aren't young anymore. I mean, kids these days entering the league are born in 2000

14 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

HA!  HA!  You youngsters break me up.  You feel old?  Gee whiz.  How do you think I feel.  Born in 1936!!

:biggrin:

PS:  Atlanta Dream, our WNBA team, just won their 8th straight game last night.

11 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Try being born in 1960!  

10 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

My oldest son was born in 1961!

WOW to every statement above. I guess I can't complain about being somewhere in the middle of the age extremes. 

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Would you adopt an adult-child?  I know a guy looking for someone to support him.  GT fan, Hawks fan.  I'm ... I mean, he's low maintenance. :happy:

Seriously though, congrats on that.  My wife and I have 3 and we talk all the time about finding a way to help other kids.  It kills me seeing kids without a stable environment

Truth.  I get that having the GLeague provides a more stable development environment for dudes that don't make it right away.  But that's all well and good until fanbases see their flashy lotto pick toiling for the Starkville Stingrays or something.  They'll be thinking, "Uh tell me why we drafted this ill-prepared 17yo again?"

Give me a diamond then, not this warmed-over lump o' coal.

Reading this statement I'm guessing it's a knock on highschool players. I thought you were going that hard on Poythress. I was going to say he hasn't played a minute with us yet let em earn the hate.

12 hours ago, AHF said:

I like this as a two-way developmental play.  Poythress was a strong all-around college player.  He was never the start that had been projected but he had great measurables and developed his skills incrementally in about every area of play over his time in Lexington.  Injuries undercut his draft stock but I'll personally enjoy tracking his development.  He won't every be more than a role player but if you can get that from a two-way you've done well.  

I agree with everything but the bold statement just because how would we know. Overall if not for the Vince Carter pick up he looks like he has the intangibles to be one of our most athletic players besides Collins and (old man still got it) Carter and should be an exciting dynamic when playing. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, sillent said:

I agree with everything but the bold statement just because how would we know. Overall if not for the Vince Carter pick up he looks like he has the intangibles to be one of our most athletic players besides Collins and (old man still got it) Carter and should be an exciting dynamic when playing. 

Look - I am rooting for him to be as good as he can possibly be but he was basically a role player at UK so I'm realistically hoping for him to have similar success in the pros.  He isn't blessed with special instincts on either side of the floor and isn't a special scorer.  What he has is a nice base of tools, some modest skills in a lot of areas and a great attitude.  Can't see a path to stardom for him but I'll be rooting him on every step of the way.

• Like 1