• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk has a prototype of PG's

NBASupes

Trae Young - Lead the NCAA in assists but also in turnovers

Jeremy Lin - His known for his high turnover rate even while being excellent in the PnR in terms of creating for himself and others. 

Daniel Hamilton - Was 4th in assists and lead the G League in turnovers. 

All three have off the ball potential although all of them are really PG's at the end of the day. All are unique. 

Young is by far the most talented by a mile, his ability to score, draw fouls, create for himself and others, especially others will translate to the NBA in the long run. 

Lin is an repellent PnR PG who does well in terms of defending and making a positive impact on the game if healthy. 

Hamilton is a talented player who was miscasted due to his height as a wing when he's at his best as a PG. He is an excellent creator for others but is prone to bad decisions more often than most PG's. 

All three of these players can be seen as do not touch for certain teams and coaches but Travis, Lloyd and Jeff seemed to embrace these types of PG's. 

Young: 

Lin: 

Hamilton: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

His 3 pt % took a serious dive as a full-time PG last year in G-league, if I looked at those numbers right.

It did, is that a testament to his role or what is the question. It's clear from the tape, he talented but the stats say, this is a player who is far from efficient. 

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well....I did not expect a turnover comparison as a 'type', lol.

Good one Supes.

In so many words, these are high risk, high reward players. All have had success more than others would give them credit for. They aren't the most efficient but they make an impact on the court. 

Just from my feel, I strongly think Travis wants his PGs to be high risk takers. Not the make the smart read, or defend, or run the offense proficiently or the score at a high clip and that's that types that litter the NBA right now. 

Most GMs like safe PGs. They really like the combo guard type with PG skills but they really don't like the high TOs ones that aren't extremely gifted like Westbrook.

Just now, kg01 said:

Wait, aren't all great pg's gonna have high turnover nimbers?  Basically the nature of the position, no?

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, @NBASupes?

Those tends to be off PG ball handlers and elite freaks like Westbrook and Wall. Hamilton, Lin and Young are not freak athletes

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Those tends to be off PG ball handlers and elite freaks like Westbrook and Wall. Hamilton, Lin and Young are not freak athletes

Noooo.  Stockton is like #2 all-time.  Nash is 13 all-time, I think.  Jason Kidd is top 5.

Great pg's all have high t/o nimbers.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Noooo.  Stockton is like #2 all-time.  Nash is 13 all-time, I think.  Jason Kidd is top 5.

"High" is a relative term and doesn't mean much more than "handled the ball a lot" without context.  Stockton averaged 10.5 assists and 2.8 turnovers per game for his career.  That is a 3.75 A/TO ratio.  That seems pretty healthy.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye Kg, I got a trial subscription to Sirius radio aka ur boy Isola. I tuned in for like a minute yesterday and he was talking about Camby or something. Is he on like 24/7 or what?

Pg and turnovers go hand in hand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

"High" is a relative term and doesn't mean much more than "handled the ball a lot" without context.  Stockton averaged 10.5 assists and 2.8 turnovers per game for his career.  That is a 3.75 A/TO ratio.  That seems pretty healthy.  

Well the premise of the thread was simply .. or at least appeared to be simply about total turnovers none-a that ratio nonsense so .. take it up with SupesKing.

... and get off my lawn.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Aye Kg, I got a trial subscription to Sirius radio aka ur boy Isola. I tuned in for like a minute yesterday and he was talking about Camby or something. Is he on like 24/7 or what?

Pg and turnovers go hand in hand

Yup.

And Isola is on in the mornings.  This time of year is tough since there are no games going on but it's still pretty funny as they discuss the offseason happenings.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Well the premise of the thread was simply .. or at least appeared to be simply about total turnovers none-a that ratio nonsense so .. take it up with SupesKing.

... and get off my lawn.

Yup.

And Isola is on in the mornings.  This time of year is tough since there are no games going on but it's still pretty funny as they discuss the offseason happenings.

Nope, I meant what AHF said. High assist to turnover rates 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Supes expressly said he is looking at high risk, high reward players.  While every point guard who handles the ball a lot will get turnovers, not every point guard fits the profile he is talking about.  Some context is needed to do more than just spit out raw turnover count.