• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Melo [was] still a Hawk... Why?

NBASupes

The trade was completed on July 25th.  I found nothing showing he was officially waived yet (which is probably some minor haggling over his buyout. remember the Hawks now control the keys on this). Another thing holding it up, is if there is a buyout here, Anthony does officially have to sign the buyout agreement as well as whoever the official on the Hawks is that signs those. So there might be some minor logistics to getting that signed.  But Len can't be signed officially until the buyout is reached because the discount on the buyout would determine how Len is actually signed. But once the buyout / waive is official...here are the details from the CBA FAQ.

Waivers

NBA teams can release a player to the waiver wire, where he can stay for 48 hours (during the regular season). While he is on waivers, other teams may claim him, for his existing salary. If he is not claimed, he is said to have "cleared waivers", and is treated like any free agent, able to sign with any team (with the special restriction noted above for players who were traded and then waived).

Players waived after March 1 are not eligible to be on a team's playoff roster.[67] The deadline was March 23 during the lockout-shortened 2011–12 season.[17]

They’re negotiating how much he’ll have to pay for that Hawks jersey he’s requesting. $27mil, ‘Melo. It’ll cost you $27mil ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Good lord, people.  There's nothing weird going on.  He'll be waived as soon as the process allows.

Put the tinfoil hats away (lookin at you, @sturt.  Always tryna sturt somethin.)

In fairness, sturt wasn't sturting the pot on this thread.  But yeah - this is just playing out as expected and there is no rush.

41 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Its always good to pay someone 25 million to not play for them :bad:

Hurts like $hit at first, pisses me off, but pays dividends in the long run.

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hope we didn’t cave in negotiations and refused his ask for a Hawks jersey with his name on it.  

We should give him the jersey but make sure the dude that prepared the Milsap jersey for him.

#7 Antony

There you go Melo, exit stage left...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sturt said:

kg01 : 4CMzAF8.gif

me : giphy.gif

What?  Me, a pretty funny dude.  You, an unabashed sexual harrasser?  I guess. :ohmy::cool:

Shout out to @Jody23 for puttin out fax and for having a bawse avatar.  Ten cool points for anybody else that peeps game.

Shout out to @Spud2nique for having that bawse petty game with the 'Antony' jersey suggestion.  I'mma call you Petty Pendergrass from now on.  Respeck.

• Like 2