• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Melo [was] still a Hawk... Why?

NBASupes

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

the conspiracy theory

I'm missing something... what "conspiracy" was that? I'm inclined to think that was directed at my assertions a week or two ago, but there was nothing conspiratorial about it... I was only suggesting there could be some things being presumed that weren't necessarily so.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Wouldn't it be poetic if another team claimed him off waivers?  "You wanted Houston, Melo?  Too bad! You get Portland!"

I'm not sure any team actually has the cap space to add him even if they wanted him.  But that would be pretty hilarious.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I'm missing something... what "conspiracy" was that? I'm inclined to think that was directed at my assertions a week or two ago, but there was nothing conspiratorial about it... I was only suggesting there could be some things being presumed that weren't necessarily so.

That was directed at anyone who thought there was any agenda other than releasing Melo ASAP.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It should be a vid of Dennis playing poorly.  Think about it.

? that’s pretty great.

Then show a confused pic (a pic) of LALA Antony looking...like herself...on the Jumbotron! Then immediately cut to the fat guy in Chicago catching a fireball in his stomach. 

Highlight factory gone wrong!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

We actually paid 25 million for Dennis Schröder not to play for us and a draft pick.

Funny the way you put that. Don't forget Anderson. I am hoping he turns into a good defensive 2nd teamer that we can keep for a good price.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

That was directed at anyone who thought there was any agenda other than releasing Melo ASAP.

Sooooo.... just so we're on the same page.... had Schlenk only dealt with OKC, not Melo or his agent.... that constitutes a "conspiracy?"

Maybe in your book, not mine.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

We actually paid 25 million for Dennis Schröder not to play for us and a draft pick.

That's some fuzzy math.  Dennis is owed 45 million.  We paid 25 million so it seems like we saved 20 million by not having Dennis play for us.   

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Sooooo.... just so we're on the same page.... had Schlenk only dealt with OKC, not Melo or his agent.... that constitutes a "conspiracy?"

Maybe in your book, not mine.

Lighten up Sturt. All the if, and, or but statements about Melo would have made a bad short story and they could have been summed up in one sentence:

"Once we have him, he will be cut loose ASAP."

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Lighten up Sturt. All the if, and, or but statements about Melo would have made a bad short story and they could have been summed up in one sentence:

"Once we have him, he will be cut loose ASAP."

You're one of my favorite posters ordinarily, buzz, but this is the second time in the last week IIRC that you attempted to muddy something I've said with a sly mischaracterization.

There was nothing "conspiratorial" in what I'd said on the Melo deal.

And there is no overarching agenda on my part to piss on anything Schlenk ever says or does.

But you appear to be disinterested in correcting your words. No problem, that's your right. But far be it for you in that case to be telling me how I should respond. What you said on both counts was misleading at best.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

You're one of my favorite posters ordinarily, buzz, but this is the second time in the last week IIRC that you attempted to muddy something I've said with a sly mischaracterization.

And there is no overarching agenda on my part to piss on anything Schlenk says or does.

But you appear to be disinterested in correcting your words. No problem, that's your right. But far be it for you in that case to be telling me how I should respond. What you said on both counts was misleading at best.

Couple of questions.

1. Are you Clyde Frazier?(with the words and all)

2. I thought I was one of your favorites? No? Oh, all those exchanges of John Candy gifs from ✈️ ? and ? meant nothing to you? 

(Storms out for dramatic effect).. ? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

And there is no overarching agenda on my part to piss on anything Schlenk ever says or does.

This discussion coming back up is a bit splitting hairs, IMO.  Sturt correctly pointed out the theoretical possibilities out there with Melo.  Buzz correctly pointed out that in the real world those theoretical alternatives were really not in play.  Now Melo is cut like everyone, including Sturt, expected.  No need to rehash this too much.

• Premium Member

Not interested in going back to that discussion, @AHF... just trying to make sure there's some precision in words. Take issue with the other person's substance. Don't attempt to paint the other person's position or the person himself as something that isn't, please.

Ok, I got my sawed-off baseball bat.

Ya know, the one ol'-timey barkeeps keep behind the bar to threaten rabble-rousers.

Anyway, somebody point me to tha dead horse that needs a beatin'.  I got some in-law aggression to work out 

• Like 2