• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rockets after Baze

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
I agree if this is true. But I havent heard Travis say hes willing to move Baze for little value...............Source?

I seriously doubt he would get a longer term deal to tie up cap at this juncture. That continues with the presumptive narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So after a bit of thought, I'm thinking the leaks on the potential Hawks deals for Baze is very similar to the Dennis deal. I think they are trying to either A) up interest or B) get that 3rd team involved and act as a pass through for Anderson.

With teams with empty cap space drying up, it gets harder and harder to come up with value added pass throughs for someone with a salary like Anderson.

2 hours ago, terrell said:

I agree if this is true. But I havent heard Travis say hes willing to move Baze for little value...............Source?

He tried to move him to Dallas and Cleveland during the draft.  He literally told Dallas that the Hawks would do a 5 for 3 trade if they took back Bazemore and gave us Wes Matthews and his expiring deal.   Travis has been talking to New Orleans for a while now about a deal.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

He tried to move him to Dallas and Cleveland during the draft.  He literally told Dallas that the Hawks would do a 5 for 3 trade if they took back Bazemore and gave us Wes Matthews and his expiring deal.   Travis has been talking to New Orleans for a while now about a deal.

Thats a good deal. Thats not moving him for no value......

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

So after a bit of thought, I'm thinking the leaks on the potential Hawks deals for Baze is very similar to the Dennis deal. I think they are trying to either A) up interest or B) get that 3rd team involved and act as a pass through for Anderson.

I believe this more than I believe Travis is willing to move Baze for scraps..

19 minutes ago, terrell said:

That's not a good deal, because he tried to do that in lieu of getting the 2019 draft pick.  He was basically saying that if they would take on Baze, we would drop down two slots with nothing else of value being given.  When Dallas balked at taking Baze, then Travis agreed to take the 2019 pick.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That's not a good deal, because he tried to do that in lieu of getting the 2019 draft pick.  He was basically saying that if they would take on Baze, we would drop down two slots with nothing else of value being given.  When Dallas balked at taking Baze, then Travis agreed to take the 2019 pick.  

I thought you said we were also getting Matthews and his expiring also?  Thats value.. Besides, moving Baze' contract to go younger before the draft is different than giving him away right now for Anderson, when hes owed even more $ than Bazemore is..

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

That would not have been a good deal to dump Baze AND move down 2 spots in the draft without the 2019 1st included.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GameTime said:

A first round pick for Baze is a solid deal. I have a feeling we would be wishing this if we keep Baze and he goes back to 34% from 3.

No one is offering that right now. I have zero interest in a late 1st and a bad contract for Baze

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We need to keep Bazemore. You can't have a roster full of young kids and one token veteran in Vince Carter than no one would listen to because he's not a starter. Baze played well last season. There's absolutely no need to get rid of him just to get something like Anderson's bloated contract.

Unless we get a sweet deal for Baze I'd absolutely keep him. If he has a good first half his trade value only goes up.

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I concur.

Ditto ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That would not have been a good deal to dump Baze AND move down 2 spots in the draft without the 2019 1st included.

Plus Matthews and his expiring contract..

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Still not a good deal.

Its better than swapping him for Anderson who's owed even more than Bazemore. Matthews only had 1 yr left. Anderson/Baze have 2. 

Just now, terrell said:

Its better than swapping him for Anderson who's owed even more than Bazemore. Matthews only had 1 yr left. Anderson/Baze have 2. 

I guess it Depends on whether you prefer more draft picks, or more cap space next year. lol

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

I don't like that Houston deal either.

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I guess it Depends on whether you prefer more draft picks, or more cap space next year. lol

The cap space is essentially unusable.  No free agent is going to choose to sign with a sub 20 win team.  

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

The cap space is essentially unusable.  No free agent is going to choose to sign with a sub 20 win team.  

Good thing Hawks are winning 28 games then ?

• Like 2