• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rockets after Baze

Vol4ever

14 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I want Baz in our locker room more then Houston’s crappy pick ... however, if we can grab a Thon Maker I would do a bucks trade to take on one of their crappy salaries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Thon too. He’s got a broke man’s kg not @kg01 about him. ? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Melton plus whatever pick plus whatever we flip Anderson for could be better for us than having Baze.

Something to think about.

Nobody is taking Anderson unless we are taking back bad salary or giving assets to make it happen.

1.  The Hawks will not be able to "flip" Anderson for any value.

2.  If the Hawks wanted Melton, they had three chances to draft him and didn't.  Melton isn't the guy they want.  Think more along the lines of Isaiah Hartenstein.  

Now, Melton is the guy they SHOULD want in any deal with the Rockets, but it isn't going to happen.  Still, this deal will not return a value that is equivalent to the value Baze brings as a leader and mentor on this team.  This deal does one thing though.  It would ensure that the Hawks are picking in the top 3 of the draft in 2019, and that is Travis's goal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

1.  The Hawks will not be able to "flip" Anderson for any value.

2.  If the Hawks wanted Melton, they had three chances to draft him and didn't.  Melton isn't the guy they want.  Think more along the lines of Isaiah Hartenstein.  

Now, Melton is the guy they SHOULD want in any deal with the Rockets, but it isn't going to happen.  Still, this deal will not return a value that is equivalent to the value Baze brings as a leader and mentor on this team.  This deal does one thing though.  It would ensure that the Hawks are picking in the top 3 of the draft in 2019, and that is Travis's goal.

This would make sense if Bazemore was actually good enough to single handedly add wins on his own like a lebron but well he isn’t ! Lol

i like baze a lot but schlenk don’t need to trade baze to guarantee we are picking in top 3 next draft.

baze probably good enough to account for maybe one win realistically. And I’m not saying he’s garbage but C’MON MAN!...it’s bazemore! We not even talking about an all star player 

• Like 1

Baze is a nurturer and should get a chance to mentor some kids this year. Agree with ☝️ as well in that Baze doesn’t move the needle win wise by more than +/-3 wins. We shall see. I like the guy and I think the impact of Baze staying will show itself 3 or 4 years down the line when we watch our pups become grown men.

• Like 4

:aggressive:

Remember the old high school cheer:

"When you're hot, you're hot. When you're not, you're not!"

Baze can be hot or not.  When he's hot, when his shots are falling, he can be a leader with these young Hawks, leading them to victory.  When he's not, when those same shots are hitting the rim and jumping out, victory can be far away.

Baze is sill a young man, full of energy and enthusiasm.  He has the ability to be a difference maker.  In my opinion, Lloyd Pierce, our new coach, needs him more than anything our GM might get in return if he is traded away.

I hope he remains a Hawk.  We need the Baze Gaze!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I like Thon too. He’s got a broke man’s kg not @kg01 about him. ? 

Thon is becoming overrated based on a couple minutes of halfway decent defense.

Oh and some wicked karate kicks too iiuc.

9 hours ago, AHF said:

Nobody is taking Anderson unless we are taking back bad salary or giving assets to make it happen.

I thought the same but I'm more so thinking next year when he'll be an expiring.  Could get some steam as a stretch-big at the deadline.  You never know.

• Like 2

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thon is becoming overrated based on a couple minutes of halfway decent defense.

Oh and some wicked karate kicks too iiuc.

I thought the same but I'm more so thinking next year when he'll be an expiring.  Could get some steam as a stretch-big at the deadline.  You never know.

He would need a huge bounceback to have value as a player on that contract.  Otherwise, his main value will be as an expiring contract which means trading back future years of salary - either with picks or some player who isn't working out elsewhere.  Ideally, that ends up being something like the Kyrie trade where we give up some young player / picks and get a young star who isn't happy somewhere like New Orleans.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

He would need a huge bounceback to have value as a player on that contract.  Otherwise, his main value will be as an expiring contract which means trading back future years of salary - either with picks or some player who isn't working out elsewhere.  Ideally, that ends up being something like the Kyrie trade where we give up some young player / picks and get a young star who isn't happy somewhere like New Orleans.

George Takei Oh My

You really tried to slip that one in, huh?

Imagine NOP ending up trading him for a package including Anderson who they shipped out not long ago.

I hear you though on your overall point.  I acknowledge mine is closer to wishful thinking.

9 hours ago, JTB said:

This would make sense if Bazemore was actually good enough to single handedly add wins on his own like a lebron but well he isn’t ! Lol

i like baze a lot but schlenk don’t need to trade baze to guarantee we are picking in top 3 next draft.

baze probably good enough to account for maybe one win realistically. And I’m not saying he’s garbage but C’MON MAN!...it’s bazemore! We not even talking about an all star player 

My projection for the Hawks wins total will go from 18 to 15 if they make this deal.  

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, KB21 said:

My projection for the Hawks wins total will go from 18 to 15 if they make this deal.  

While I'm not necessarily there with your starting point, there is no doubt that this deal as described above would cost the teams multiple games this season.  

• Admin

I think keeping Baz is important because you need solid Vets ... and he actually wants to be here (which is rare).  I was watching Hard Knocks last night and Jarvis Landry started ripping into the other Clev WRs and that is an example of a Vet move that can help a team.  Baz is a vet and he can help these young kids.  Set an example both on and off.  Ryno trade does nothing for us ... I think it is more beneficial to have Baz then a 29th pick and extra salary

• Like 2

• Moderators

There is no driving need to deal Baze unless it is a no-brainer deal.  His salary coming off the books after next season will be well-timed for when we are likely to enter FA hard and his trade value will increase over time if he shows he can sustain his play from last year and/or as his contract gets nearer to its end.  No need to take a near second round pick or something like that when it comes with a player who we won't want attached.

• Like 2

You shouldn't need to pay $20M for a solid vet to be a role model.  I would take a late first over the value Bazemore provides.  Get a vet min guy like Vince Carter to fill the same purpose.  

First round picks can be used as trading chips, and you can find actual rotational players in the late first round.  I don't understand the concept that we should keep Bazemore at that cost to be a mentor.  The Spurs and Warriors find players all the time in the late first round.  

• Like 2

So, we have some on here who still believe that these rookies will be developed properly without any quality vets around to show them the ropes.  

Lets trade every vet on the roster for draft picks and go with a bunch of damn rookies!

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

So, we have some on here who still believe that these rookies will be developed properly without any quality vets around to show them the ropes.  

Lets trade every vet on the roster for draft picks and go with a bunch of damn rookies!

Not at all but with bazemore and Vince being here at the 2 position ...Huerter won’t see the court. You have to play the young guys and go through the growing pains as they develop. I’m not saying baze gets in the way of that as he can help mold them but I also think we should treat baze right and let him move on.

i really like baze and he doesn’t really deserve his minutes cut so other players can develop but that’s what’s going to happen if he stays.

if we win games much of it is going to be because of the young players because they will be on the court often