• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Happy Hawks Team Day on NBATV!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I could wake up, though, to something a bit better than a 12-point loss on the road that dropped us to 12-24 on the season. I understand getting a Pistol game in the mix, but did we lose every nationally televised game in the 1970s? How about the Hawks-Bullets series in the late 70s?

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

Jon Koncak AND Chris Washburn in against Barkley's Sixers now... let's see what happens!

It's gotta be tough finding a handful of meaningful Hawks victories when you're... **checks notes**... Turner Sports. But at least we won this game eventually, thanks to Nique's 45 points.

~lw3

• Like 1

Forgot about Nique’s little baby hook.  Mike was so skinny before the Bad Boy training.  He wouldn’t be the player he was in today’s game with these geeks telling him not to shoot a perfect mid range jumper.  Those early Jordan Bulls teams were ass.

11 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

2-4 PM 1989, Cavs at Hawks, Xmas Day

I have this one on VHS. I remember taping it because I really wanted to go see Chevy Chase in Xmas Vacation....

I think we were missing Doc in this game if I’m not mistaken. Great game though featuring Mark Price, Lenny Wilkens and company who had a string of 3 or 4 years of dominance over us during this stretch but this was a good game for us. Ah the memories. Long live d*ck Stockton and Hubie Brown..also during halftime of this presentation, CBS went over all the “new imports” from Europe...guys like Sarunas, Vlade, Drazen Petro, our own Alexander Volkov and even Zarko Paspalj. They were introduced with a nice half time poem by Pat O’Brien, (who I later helped out working at Brooks Brothers about 7 years later ?) Got him a nice coat.

@lethalweapon3 were u still a sixer guy when the Dawkins/Hawkins backcourt would murder us because we payed too much attention to sir Charles? That was a solid sixer team I think 88 or 89. My friend and I would have battles at the park where he would pretend to be Hersey Hawkins and rock side to side at the free throw line. It was quite annoying.

They had a guy by the name of Ron Anderson I believe..#20 if I’m not mistaken that would torch us from 3 point land in a lot of Hawks Sixers matchups... besides the obvious Charles vs Nique!

Thanks for taking me back for a minute lw3 to a time when things were easier and people gave a ?!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@lethalweapon3 were u still a sixer guy when the Dawkins/Hawkins backcourt would murder us because we payed too much attention to sir Charles? That was a solid sixer team I think 88 or 89. My friend and I would have battles at the park where he would pretend to be Hersey Hawkins and rock side to side at the free throw line. It was quite annoying.

They had a guy by the name of Ron Anderson I believe..#20 if I’m not mistaken that would torch us from 3 point land in a lot of Hawks Sixers matchups... besides the obvious Charles vs Nique!

Thanks for taking me back for a minute lw3 to a time when things were easier and people gave a ?!

Dawkins' injury was the beginning of the end for the Barkley era, but Hawkins kept the team on life support for a bit. Ron Anderson was a human bucket-maker, I wanted him to average like 40 minutes a night on the court.

~lw3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Dawkins' injury was the beginning of the end for the Barkley era, but Hawkins kept the team on life support for a bit. Ron Anderson was a human bucket-maker, I wanted him to average like 40 minutes a night on the court.

~lw3

Agreed..well, at the time I wanted Ron off the court because he was schooling the likes of Snoopy Graham but I digress ? Ahhhhh the 80’s...odd n fun times for sure! Long live little annoying Scotty Brooks too...Lynam loved Brooks. Still see his daughter on the sidelines of the Sixers..nice fam

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Lw3 I still don’t understand why y’all (Sixers) signed Jeff Ruland in 89 or 90. He was done a while before that with injuries. I remember it though and ? why they sign this guy..sorry random thought.

McFilthy was so much fun with McNasty (Mahorn) in DC, but he was a McBroken Bag of Bones we just wouldn't rid ourselves of, presumably to string it out in hopes he'd finally make up for the Moses trade disaster.

~lw3