• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hmmmm...Supes back at it? ? 

Now that I think about it, has anyone heard from @KB21 after his trip to town?  I saw a particularly arrogant gentleman getting arrested over the weekend.  Pretty sure I heard a, "Do you know who I am!?"  Definitely something KBToys would say.

What was the charge, you say?  Solicitation

Check in, KBT.  Pretty sure we're after the Monday morning release time for the weekend arrests.

Seriously though, curious to hear how your trip went.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Now that I think about it, has anyone heard from @KB21 after his trip to town?  I saw a particularly arrogant gentleman getting arrested over the weekend.  Pretty sure I heard a, "Do you know who I am!?"  Definitely something KBToys would say.

What was the charge, you say?  Solicitation

Check in, KBT.  Pretty sure we're after the Monday morning release time for the weekend arrests.

Seriously though, curious to hear how your trip went.

The trip went well.  The Braves lost the game, which sucked.  I love Sun Trust Park!!  My wife made the hotel reservations for this trip and set them up for downtown Atlanta.  Next time, we will stay in Smyrna around the area of the stadium, unless we end up going to a Hawks game this year, which is unlikely.  

I did almost lose my cool on Ivan Allen.  Some lyft drive cut me off, and I almost got out of the car when I stopped to jerk him out of the car.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The trip went well.  The Braves lost the game, which sucked.  I love Sun Trust Park!!  My wife made the hotel reservations for this trip and set them up for downtown Atlanta.  Next time, we will stay in Smyrna around the area of the stadium, unless we end up going to a Hawks game this year, which is unlikely.  

I did almost lose my cool on Ivan Allen.  Some lyft drive cut me off, and I almost got out of the car when I stopped to jerk him out of the car.

Glad it went well, other than the loss and your jail time (allegedly).

The office is near the stadium so you should've checked with me before allowing your secretary to make the reservations.  It actually is a pretty nice building which is hard for me to say since I'm still mad that they took a steaming dump on the city on their way out.

Anyways, next time you come, no need to stay downtown.  We don't need you jerking dudes off in Lyft cars, mayne.  That's @Spud2nique job.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Anyways, next time you come, no need to stay downtown.  We don't need you jerking dudes off in Lyft cars, mayne.  That's @Spud2nique job.

Sorry I read the thread in order and have been laughing for the last 45 seconds...u couldn’t let me have this huh? You glory hog...he set the ball on a T...beautiful!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guard said:

It really feels like the scouts jumped the gun with the complaining they were doing about this upcoming draft class. Barrett and Zion are rediculous prospects and the other players in the class haven’t fully made their mark yet. I don’t think the draft will be stacked but people were saying it was going to be historically weak.

At the very worst, this draft will be looked at similarly to the Ben Simmons/Ingram draft where it was billed as a two person draft going in. 

When you consider that 1 out of every 5 Top 5 player in almost every draft turns out to be a complete bust, it's hard to put complete faith in the "scouts".  They bring their own prejudices into what they think makes a good player, than what they actually see with their own eyes.

When I look at NBAdraft.net's rating of Zion, it's really laughable.   They measure players on 12 metrics, then come up with a total score.   Max score is obviously 120.  The top guys are normally around 100, but never much higher than 105.

Zion scored a 93.   NBA Comparison - Rodney Rogers

Athleticism - 9 . . . ( lol . . a 9?   This dude is as big as a defensive end, jumping and running like he's Lebron James . . but he's a "9" athlete? )

Size - 7 . . . ( because most project him as a PF, but he's only 6 -6 . . despite being heavier, more athletic, and quicker than most NBA PFs right now )

Defense - 7 . . . ( I guess his man defense is weak.  His help defense from a blocks and steals standpoint stand out )

Strength - 9 . . . ( again, I guess they don't want to rate him as a 10 in strength, as to not prop him up so much.  But this guy is obviously stronger and bigger than most guys who will be guarding him

Quickness - 8 . . . ( That's fair, although the way he can get off the floor very quickly probably isn't factored into this number )

Leadership - 8 . . . ( 3 straight state titles . . but, uh, he played against weak competition, so we don't know what kind of leader he is )

Jumpshot - 7 . . . ( Totally fair.  He's shown that he can make jumpers, but that's not his game )

NBA Ready - 7 . . . ( Why?  Because he can't shoot?  Or hasn't shown that he can shoot? )

Rebounding - 8 . . . ( LMAO . . . really? )

Potential - 8 . . . ( I guess they believe that because he's "undersized" that he'll struggle on the next level  . . . Trae got a 9 on potential, by the way )

Post Skills - 7 . . . ( another LMAO . . . really? )

Intangibles - 8 . . . ( most people don't think he can do anything but dunk and bully people.  We'll see )

IMO, his athleticism, strength, and rebounding should all be 10s.  His post skill should be a 9.  And his NBA ready should be an 8.   So by their criteria, I believe he's at least a 98 score player right now.

Can't score him that high though, because that would tie him with his teammate RJ Barrett.

It's laughable that there is this idea that nba draft guys are trying to knock him down.  I've already seen one article declaring that he's the next generational star in the NBA.  Anytime I see that thrown around, I have to laugh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When you consider that 1 out of every 5 Top 5 player in almost every draft turns out to be a complete bust, it's hard to put complete faith in the "scouts".  They bring their own prejudices into what they think makes a good player, than what they actually see with their own eyes.

When I look at NBAdraft.net's rating of Zion, it's really laughable.   They measure players on 12 metrics, then come up with a total score.   Max score is obviously 120.  The top guys are normally around 100, but never much higher than 105.

Zion scored a 93.   NBA Comparison - Rodney Rogers

Athleticism - 9 . . . ( lol . . a 9?   This dude is as big as a defensive end, jumping and running like he's Lebron James . . but he's a "9" athlete? )

Size - 7 . . . ( because most project him as a PF, but he's only 6 -6 . . despite being heavier, more athletic, and quicker than most NBA PFs right now )

Defense - 7 . . . ( I guess his man defense is weak.  His help defense from a blocks and steals standpoint stand out )

Strength - 9 . . . ( again, I guess they don't want to rate him as a 10 in strength, as to not prop him up so much.  But this guy is obviously stronger and bigger than most guys who will be guarding him

Quickness - 8 . . . ( That's fair, although the way he can get off the floor very quickly probably isn't factored into this number )

Leadership - 8 . . . ( 3 straight state titles . . but, uh, he played against weak competition, so we don't know what kind of leader he is )

Jumpshot - 7 . . . ( Totally fair.  He's shown that he can make jumpers, but that's not his game )

NBA Ready - 7 . . . ( Why?  Because he can't shoot?  Or hasn't shown that he can shoot? )

Rebounding - 8 . . . ( LMAO . . . really? )

Potential - 8 . . . ( I guess they believe that because he's "undersized" that he'll struggle on the next level  . . . Trae got a 9 on potential, by the way )

Post Skills - 7 . . . ( another LMAO . . . really? )

Intangibles - 8 . . . ( most people don't think he can do anything but dunk and bully people.  We'll see )

IMO, his athleticism, strength, and rebounding should all be 10s.  His post skill should be a 9.  And his NBA ready should be an 8.   So by their criteria, I believe he's at least a 98 score player right now.

Can't score him that high though, because that would tie him with his teammate RJ Barrett.

I thought you didnt like nbadraft.net?

My bad Northcyde. I thought that was KB

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

It's laughable that there is this idea that nba draft guys are trying to knock him down.  I've already seen one article declaring that he's the next generational star in the NBA.  Anytime I see that thrown around, I have to laugh.

He is the next generational superstar

20 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Honestly, he doesn't have to do anything with that right hand, until people prove that they can stop or even slow down his left hand.  The only thing I haven't seen from him yet, is a pull up jumper.  But if people aren't stopping you going to the rim, there's really no need for that right now either.

It's like criticizing Shaq for not having a 12 - 15 foot jumper like Tim Duncan.

Nah I feel like that’s something he needs to work on now before he goes pro. Let’s not get carried away. The defenders in the NBA are much better than Canadian colleges. He’s going to have to be much more versatile and those weird finishes he forces with his left when he should’ve went right will likely be blocks or much tougher makes. Having a solid pull up jumper is what’s going to make Zion a star. The foundation is all there to be an rare, hyper athletic slashing forward. It’s just the little things in a players skill set that separate them in the NBA. If he shows the improvement with his offhand and shows a solid pull up, I can’t see him not going 1st overall.

• Like 4

Hey, now here’s an idea: let’s let these teenagers actually play some official college games before we crown or banish them ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Hey, now here’s an idea: let’s let these teenagers actually play some official college games before we crown or banish them ?

There’s a reason why I don’t visit as frequently. There’s waaaaayyyy too much time. We’ve all seen Zion for a year plus..possibly 2...I’m not spending another 9 months talking about him. 

All hail Hazer! 

Ps I’m here in spirit with you all though! Always!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We’ve all seen Zion for a year plus..possibly 2...

Church league middle schoolers don’t count ?

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 0:44 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m just saying, I haven’t seen any kid nor many NBA players move the way Zion does. I was skeptical of the hype too before I got to see him in an actual game. But he has another level of explosion that I didn’t expect. And he is able to use it in other ways outside of dunking, like attacking the glass or driving the lane and avoiding contact (which is hard to do when you’re that size).

Yeah he may not be KD with his shot but he already has better shooting form at 18 than Kent Bazemore had at age 24 when he came here and Kent was able to develop a good enough shot to be a quality shooter. 

As far as RJ goes, I’m not as hyped about him but I still see a very good overall skill set from him and after 2 games can confidently say he will be no less than Jayson Tatum in the NBA. Some kids have the It factor and he is one of them. 

I do like Zion more from what I've seen. Physically he's obviously awesome, but the other stuff has a ways to go. He obviously could be great, he looks like a lottery pick and I'd be happy to have him, but he's not blowing my mind as an overall basketball player from what I've seen.