• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Which Squawk poster is writing under the pen name Dan Feldman for NBC Sports now?

sturt

• Premium Member

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/08/16/hawks-progressing-nicely-in-rebuild/

... because this sounds to me like it's the work of maybe a @Gray Mule or @JTB ... :)

===================================================

It seems as if the Hawks have been rebuilding for ages.

Really, they’re only one season removed from a decade-long playoff streak, the NBA’s second-longest at the time.

General manager Travis Schlenk has swiftly done what his predecessors didn’t – dismantle a team that won 60 games and commit to rebuilding. In fact, Schlenk has advanced far enough that he’s already well into building Atlanta back up.

Only Kent Bazemore remains the playoff-series-winning team in 2016, let alone the 60-win squad in 2015. Heck, only Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry and Bazemore remain from the team Schlenk inherited just last year.

The Hawks aren’t done dismantling. They’re poised to tank another season. But their rebuild has already seen a defining move..................

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Talk about an overstatement of facts of what Schlenk actually dismantled. Wow.

Schlink didn't dismantle a 60 win team.  That 60 win team was already petering out by the time Schlenk arrived. Gone were DMC, Teague, Korver and Al - 4 starters from that team.  Schlenk decided to not bring back the last remaining starter from that 60 win team in Milsap.

No kidding. He really needs to do some elementary research before writing what is suppose to be a educated/informative article.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/08/16/hawks-progressing-nicely-in-rebuild/

... because this sounds to me like it's the work of maybe a @Gray Mule or @JTB ... :)

===================================================

Lol ok ok some of that does sound like me not gon lie!...and I actually agree with a lot of it. But I wouldn’t bring up the 60 win team lol I know that schlenk has nothing to do with that team .

the article was going good until he mentioned that.

• Like 2