• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

1 year ago, Bazemore was the most hated player on the Hawks

Peoriabird

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Mmhmm.

Also, should I be offended that @AHF left me out of the roundtable?  Or is it just him tryna keep his mod-rival down?

What roundtable? The fantasy stuff? Don’t worry that’s just the old school Johnny O talkin to ya in the clubbin days of old...

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Mmhmm.

Also, should I be offended that @AHF left me out of the roundtable?  Or is it just him tryna keep his mod-rival down?

You were in there but I had a typo putting in a second "KB" instead of a "KG."  That is now corrected.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:46 AM, capstone21 said:

I expect the most growth from Collins ... his PT will go up and if he can stay out of foul trouble so will his production.  He wants to compete ... he didn't have to play in Summer League but he was excited to.

I think Collins will have the most impact because of his more efficient scoring and rebounding. But honestly, if a PF does nor have a efficiency percentage better than most SF's then something is wrong with your PF. Collins and Prince will both be dynamic this season though; I do not doubt this one bit.

Prince shot .465 on his 2 pt. attempts last season which is pretty good for just a 2nd year SF. Example as a measuring stick is Paul George, who has a career 2pt. % of 468. Leonard is in another world as a SF ( career 2 pt. % .537 ); but I have zero problem with Prince picking his scoring up while still being as efficient as Paul George.

I can't wait to see them pick Trae up outside the 3 pt. line. All our players will be getting a lot more open looks. With both Teague and Dennis, they could stand out their and dribble the cover off the ball; those days are about to be gone.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have a long memory.  He'll have a special place in my heart once I take over as mod.

Oh I see u ☀️

Original ? but mature now: of course! ur an ?! ( for good memory of course)...

all week is how long im here!

On 8/23/2018 at 5:06 PM, Gray Mule said:

We've all been reminded, over and over, that this team is sadly lacking in talent and the coach and his staff either don't know what they are doing or they are deliberately going for the worst place finish this season.

Should they succeed and win the grand prize, #1 draft pick, they will be so accustomed to losing that they will continue to lose, for ever and ever.

However, Prince will be the best Hawk followed by Alex Len.

:cool:

People are sleeping so hard on Prince it's ridiculous :laugh:. He will be our best player and alot of our players will have breakout years Collins, Dorsey, Len, Anderson, Dedmon (even at his age), possibly even Baze with Vince mentoring but Bembry will probably have the biggest breakout season being the most forgotten/unknown. Can't wait for Huerter and Spellman to let it be known that they were worthy picks/players as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sillent said:

People are sleeping so hard on Prince it's ridiculous :laugh:. He will be our best player and alot of our players will have breakout years Collins, Dorsey, Len, Anderson, Dedmon (even at his age), possibly even Baze with Vince mentoring but Bembry will probably have the biggest breakout season being the most forgotten/unknown. Can't wait for Huerter and Spellman to let it be known that they were worthy picks/players as well. 

I’ve been a big advocate of Prince since early on. He’s a fighter and a bulldog and a grinder. I have even mentioned him as our new school Ty Corbin a few times. He’s a guy that I personally want to see in a Hawks uni for a looooong time. I like his background, I like his mentality, his toughness and his dedication to improving the weak aspects of his game. 

As as far as the rest, I agree I can see many if not all of the ones you mentioned as having career years. Huerter and Spellman are ballers we made out well in this draft. We will be back in the hunt sooner than the media lets on.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!

• Like 2

I believe Trae will have the biggest impact on the team this year.  I believe he will be one of the assists leaders the league, if he is the starter for the team.  If the Hawks actually stick to the run and gun offensive philosophy mentioned so far, this will present the prime opportunity for Trae to showcase his skillset.

He is surrounded by better talent now than he ever had in college and AAU and the young man has never averaged less than 27 pts a year.  I predict he will lead the Hawks in scoring the second half of the season and average around 15-17 for the year.

17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve been a big advocate of Prince since early on. He’s a fighter and a bulldog and a grinder. I have even mentioned him as our new school Ty Corbin a few times. He’s a guy that I personally want to see in a Hawks uni for a looooong time. I like his background, I like his mentality, his toughness and his dedication to improving the weak aspects of his game. 

As as far as the rest, I agree I can see many if not all of the ones you mentioned as having career years. Huerter and Spellman are ballers we made out well in this draft. We will be back in the hunt sooner than the media lets on.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!

Agreed 

• Like 1