• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks sign Thomas Robinson

GrimeyKidd

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Scary but kinda true (Embiid being the exception ... Josh Jackson also)

I'll give you one of those, so far.  Even if I give you both, compare that the sheer number of McD'sAA and mythical 5-star guys that come through that place.  They're easily batting well below the Mendoza line.

• Like 1

I really wanted this guy to make it. I remember draft night when they mentioned that he is the sole provider for his baby sister and it was a real sad story. Wasn’t he picked 5th overall. Man oh man...I know he’s just an extra body in practice but I’m still rooting for the guy.

• Like 1

• Admin
What about my boy? (Spud’s backup small forward in squawk dynasty...what, I’m not gonna stand up for him?..)

It’s too bad he is in that mess known as the Phx Suns ... he’s a talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And guess where Robinson was picked in the 2012 NBA draft . . . 

Image result for number 5

Barkley

Pippen

Richmond

Steve Smith 

Kevin Garnett

Ray Allen

Vince Carter

Dwayne Wade

8/35 #5 picks have gone on to be pretty awesome ?. That’s nearly a 23% chance that we got us a stud in Trae. This is a @lethalweapon3 type of research but im willing to be #5 has produced the best talent since 1984 to date. That’s a pretty impressive list actually ?.

Dang, now I gotta check the other slots! Thanks for the ? @TheNorthCydeRises!!! ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

He's just here to fill in a warm body slot.

Not necessarily. Word is he worked on himself while in Russia (personal habits, etc). His failure in the NBA was due as much to his motor/work ethic. He could no longer dominate based solely on size and he couldn't adjust. His high energy just translated to fouls.

Possible scenario is the Hawks package a 2 for 1 in training camp and then keep him long term as the backup to Collins.  A possible scenario is that if Bembry/Dorsey or Anderson take the step forward, then a Baze + 1 of those 3 players type of trade to take back salary and a pick.  This could be the manifestation of the Houston trade or NO.  Could easily see Baze and Bembry to Houston for Anderson + future picks and the Hawks keep Robinson.