• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bazemore = Best Hawks Player.

Diesel

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Collins is our best player.  Just hoping Baze keeps improving and stays above the mendoza line with his contract this season.

Exactly. That first year of his contract, his nimbers were bruuutal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Collins is our best player.  Just hoping Baze keeps improving and stays above the mendoza line with his contract this season.

Collins stat wise but Prince is right there in mvp this year I think. His numbers will be a lot better I think. Like many have said though, I’d rather not sacrifice Prince’s efficiency for some inflated numbers.

• Premium Member
On 9/3/2018 at 7:20 PM, hazer said:

Cool. If that’s the case then we get a decent player and 1st round pick outta Gaze. Expected haul for “one of the most sought after 3 and D guys in the league”, or naw?

Why trade him if he's one of the best 3 & D players.   Sounds like welfare mentality. 

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly, we all saw what happened when Baze was thrust into a role he should have never been in, trying to live up to contract in his first year...

tenor.gif

Nobody plays to their potential with Dennis at the PG. 

• Moderators

I could see Baze staying with the team for a while.  He is a good role player and great attitude / work ethic role model on team. He is young enough to sign another deal with us after this one when the market isn't conspiring to inflate his value.  That said, he isn't so good that you don't trade him in the right deal.  The thing is that it needs to be the right deal because now that his contract is getting shorter and he is playing better, there isn't a burning need to unload him, IMO.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Team seemed to do fine during our minutes with Dennis playing PG during our ECF run.

How soon we forget.  Dennis was the ball hog he has always been that year.  When we played the Wizards in the playoffs, he was Horrendous.  Final game, he shot like 24% or so.. and I remember, it was him in the last seconds of the game... after having shot 24% from the field that wanted to drive ...again... and got his shot blocked.  The only difference was Horf was there to clean up the mess and win the game.  Watch and see... Even with a rookie starting, we will be a much better team at every position because Dennis is no longer  here. 

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, AHF said:

I could see Baze staying with the team for a while.  He is a good role player and great attitude / work ethic role model on team. He is young enough to sign another deal with us after this one when the market isn't conspiring to inflate his value.  That said, he isn't so good that you don't trade him in the right deal.  The thing is that it needs to be the right deal because now that his contract is getting shorter and he is playing better, there isn't a burning need to unload him, IMO.  

Hell, I don't disagree with that.  However, the right deal has to be the right deal.  We're not taking a Houston First rounder and calling that the right deal.  Sheez... they will be picking 29th.  That's a waste if Baze has a good season.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Team seemed to do fine during our minutes with Dennis playing PG during our ECF run.

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How soon we forget.  Dennis was the ball hog he has always been that year.  When we played the Wizards in the playoffs, he was Horrendous.  Final game, he shot like 24% or so.. and I remember, it was him in the last seconds of the game... after having shot 24% from the field that wanted to drive ...again... and got his shot blocked.  The only difference was Horf was there to clean up the mess and win the game.  Watch and see... Even with a rookie starting, we will be a much better team at every position because Dennis is no longer  here. 

Meanwhile, the teams Allstar starter was where? Missing in Action.  Call Dennis a ball hog all you want, he was Bud's choice over Teague in an elimination game.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Meanwhile, the teams Allstar starter was where? Missing in Action.  Call Dennis a ball hog all you want, he was Bud's choice over Teague in an elimination game.

Value Choice.

Teague was much better on the court.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Look at your 5 man units for that season.  #2, 4 and 6 lineups by minutes all had Schröder in them.  The #2 lineup by +/- was also a Schröder lineup:  Schröder, Thabo, Korver, Scott and Horford.  Schröder wasn't a perfect player by any means but the team had plenty of success with him.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not when it mattered most. Shrinking violet.

Definitely was passed over by Bud for DS when it came down to it.  No doubt that is why we dealt Teague and kept DS.  Neither is even an average starting PG.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Neither is even an average starting PG.

I agree with all but this. Even in this golden era of pg’s, I still believe both Teague and DS are average to slightly above average point guards when you factor in there are guys are the league like Elfrid Payton, Patrick Bev (even tho I’m a huge fan of this turd), Frank Ntilikina, DJ Augustin, Spencer Dinwiddie, Reggie Jackson, Kris Dunn, Collin Sexton and more who are the below average types. I still rather have Dennis than any of the ones mentioned with the exception of wild cards Frank and Sexton and to some degree Dunn although I don’t like the Dunn protype  point guards at all.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree with all but this. Even in this golden era of pg’s, I still believe both Teague and DS are average to slightly above average point guards when you factor in there are guys are the league like Elfrid Payton, Patrick Bev (even tho I’m a huge fan of this turd), Frank Ntilikina, DJ Augustin, Spencer Dinwiddie, Reggie Jackson, Kris Dunn, Collin Sexton and more who are the below average types. I still rather have Dennis than any of the ones mentioned with the exception of wild cards Frank and Sexton and to some degree Dunn although I don’t like the Dunn protype  point guards at all.

There are easily going to be 16 PGs I'd rather have than either of them.  I agree they are above the guys you mentioned for next year but still below average as the guys you list constitute less than the bottom 3rd of the league.  It may be more semantics. I think of them in that 18-21 sort of range which falls below the average or midpoint.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

There are easily going to be 16 PGs I'd rather have than either of them.  I agree they are above the guys you mentioned for next year but still below average as the guys you list constitute less than the bottom 3rd of the league.  It may be more semantics. I think of them in that 18-21 sort of range which falls below the average or midpoint.

True you did state it like there could be 16 below them which is semantics but you came out boldly like it could be a bottom 1/3 or 10 or .666 % of them, I guess it was in the way that I read it. But I do agree they could probably be 12-18 best in the league, both Teague and DS. Dennis is going to dominate in OKC imo. If Russell embraces him and their egos don’t clash, Dennis could thrive and be a 6th man candidate for sure. Teague I’m not as sure about, I can see him fading or thriving for a few more seasons then fading off. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not when it mattered most. Shrinking violet.

Rk            Player From   To  G GS   MP  FG  FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P 2PA  2P% eFG%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
1    Dennis Schröder 2014 2017 34  6 20.6 4.6 10.6 .429 1.1 3.2 .345 3.4 7.4 .466 .482 1.9 2.3 .846 0.4 1.4 1.9 4.2 0.6 0.0 1.7 2.1 12.2
2        Jeff Teague 2010 2018 71 60 29.3 4.7 11.5 .410 1.0 2.8 .337 3.7 8.6 .434 .452 3.1 3.6 .856 0.4 2.2 2.6 4.9 0.9 0.4 2.1 2.2 13.5

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 9/5/2018.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Definitely was passed over by Bud for DS when it came down to it.  No doubt that is why we dealt Teague and kept DS.  Neither is even an average starting PG.

We kept Dennis because Teague contract had ended and he was going to cause a gang more.. he got 3 years 57 Million from Minny.  Compare that to Dennis still being on his rookie contract and you have the reason why we kept Dennis over Teague.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

True you did state it like there could be 16 below them which is semantics but you came out boldly like it could be a bottom 1/3 or 10 or .666 % of them, I guess it was in the way that I read it. But I do agree they could probably be 12-18 best in the league, both Teague and DS. Dennis is going to dominate in OKC imo. If Russell embraces him and their egos don’t clash, Dennis could thrive and be a 6th man candidate for sure. Teague I’m not as sure about, I can see him fading or thriving for a few more seasons then fading off. 

That's laughable.   Dennis will find the end of the bench once he starts taking shots away from his teammates.