• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bazemore = Best Hawks Player.

Diesel

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's laughable.   Dennis will find the end of the bench once he starts taking shots away from his teammates. 

Ya but he’s gonna role with the 2nd unit mainly with guys like Patterson, Abrines, Ferguson. He will need to do what he does best. Go iso and use his speed to score. It’s almost the perfect situation for him. I don’t think he will mess this up. If he does like you say, he’s not gonna get better opportunities or any in the future.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Rk            Player From   To  G GS   MP  FG  FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P 2PA  2P% eFG%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
1    Dennis Schröder 2014 2017 34  6 20.6 4.6 10.6 .429 1.1 3.2 .345 3.4 7.4 .466 .482 1.9 2.3 .846 0.4 1.4 1.9 4.2 0.6 0.0 1.7 2.1 12.2
2        Jeff Teague 2010 2018 71 60 29.3 4.7 11.5 .410 1.0 2.8 .337 3.7 8.6 .434 .452 3.1 3.6 .856 0.4 2.2 2.6 4.9 0.9 0.4 2.1 2.2 13.5

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 9/5/2018.

C'Mon D, you're better than this. Are you seriously comparing 3 years of Dennis vs 8 years for Teague?

Again, with the season on the line, Teague....BENCHED.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C'Mon D, you're better than this. Are you seriously comparing 3 years of Dennis vs 8 years for Teague?

I'm confused as to whether that was even a pro-Jeffrey post, Dennis surpassed him in efficiency across the board and for a supposed ballhog, nearly equaled Jeffrey's assists in 9 fewer minutes.  I mean, that literally statistically demonstrates why Jeffrey was benched in the playoffs.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These are playoff numbers.   Here's the interesting part.  IN Teagues first 3 years, he didn't play significantly in the playoffs. It wasn't until the Chicago series that Teague started getting playing time.  That is why he became a starter. 

Dennis came in and immediately he was played in the playoffs.  So the numbers should skew his way. 

Bud and company knew that they wasn't going to reup Teague after the allstar break that year.  So yes, Teague benched to give Dennis confidence.   But that didn't stop Dennis from Fing up.  Ball Hoggery on a team that won 60 games because of ball movement and team play.  That almost lost us the Washington Series. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I'm confused as to whether that was even a pro-Jeffrey post, Dennis surpassed him in efficiency across the board and for a supposed ballhog, nearly equaled Jeffrey's assists in 9 fewer minutes.  I mean, that literally statistically demonstrates why Jeffrey was benched in the playoffs.

I saw the years and didn't even bother checking the stats.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

These are playoff numbers.   Here's the interesting part.  IN Teagues first 3 years, he didn't play significantly in the playoffs. It wasn't until the Chicago series that Teague started getting playing time.  That is why he became a starter. 

Dennis came in and immediately he was played in the playoffs.  So the numbers should skew his way. 

Bud and company knew that they wasn't going to reup Teague after the allstar break that year.  So yes, Teague benched to give Dennis confidence.   But that didn't stop Dennis from Fing up.  Ball Hoggery on a team that won 60 games because of ball movement and team play.  That almost lost us the Washington Series. 

The bolded part is commical. You play who gives you the best chance to win a close out game. That was 'Tight sphincter Jeffy.'

Are you sure you're reading those stats right, see Mace's post above, 

9 hours ago, MaceCase said:

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The bolded part is commical. You play who gives you the best chance to win a close out game. That was 'Tight sphincter Jeffy.'

Are you sure you're reading those stats right, see Mace's post above, 

What are you talking about Jay?  When your season is on the line, that is when you bench your starters to build the confidence of your backup players.  Don't you know anything about playoff basketball?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

What are you talking about Jay?  When your season is on the line, that is when you bench your starters to build the confidence of your backup players.  Don't you know anything about playoff basketball?

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Teague was one of my favorite Hawks.   Bud liked the different things that both Teague and Dennis brought to the game.  There weren't any conspiracies going on.   Teague is not a good defender and by comparison Dennis looked better.   But I think Bud went with whoever he felt like was controlling the game the best.  

Offensively though Teague is a much better player.   I don't think that's really debateable.   We traded a 28 year old Teague for a lottery pick in that year's draft.   25 year old Dennis coming off a 20 ppg season we had to take back one of the biggest contracts in the league and buy him out.   

• Moderators

To this point in their career, Dennis and Teague have been very similar players.  Non-difference maker PGs with some talent.  Teague has the slight edge due to his greater scoring efficiency.  

Check out how similar these numbers are:

Per 36 Minutes Table
Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Dennis Schröder 2014 2018 352 161 8341 7.5 17.2 .434 1.4 4.3 .320 6.1 13.0 .471 3.3 4.0 .827 0.6 3.2 3.8 7.2 1.2 0.2 3.6 2.7 19.6
2 Jeff Teague 2010 2018 670 535 18486 5.9 13.2 .447 1.2 3.2 .357 4.8 10.0 .476 3.6 4.3 .844 0.4 2.8 3.2 7.4 1.6 0.4 3.0 2.5 16.6
Generated 9/6/2018.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

To this point in their career, Dennis and Teague have been very similar players.  Non-difference maker PGs with some talent.  Teague has the slight edge due to his greater scoring efficiency.  

Check out how similar these numbers are:

Per 36 Minutes Table
Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Dennis Schröder 2014 2018 352 161 8341 7.5 17.2 .434 1.4 4.3 .320 6.1 13.0 .471 3.3 4.0 .827 0.6 3.2 3.8 7.2 1.2 0.2 3.6 2.7 19.6
2 Jeff Teague 2010 2018 670 535 18486 5.9 13.2 .447 1.2 3.2 .357 4.8 10.0 .476 3.6 4.3 .844 0.4 2.8 3.2 7.4 1.6 0.4 3.0 2.5 16.6
Generated 9/6/2018.

So I guess it's time to stop nitpicking over a 'cow turd' and 'horse manure', same thing just a different name. :saythat:

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Teague was one of my favorite Hawks.   Bud liked the different things that both Teague and Dennis brought to the game.  There weren't any conspiracies going on.   Teague is not a good defender and by comparison Dennis looked better.   But I think Bud went with whoever he felt like was controlling the game the best.  

Offensively though Teague is a much better player.   I don't think that's really debateable.   We traded a 28 year old Teague for a lottery pick in that year's draft.   25 year old Dennis coming off a 20 ppg season we had to take back one of the biggest contracts in the league and buy him out.   

Teague was one of my faves as well. He seemed like he was a tweak or two away from becoming much better than he turned out to be. Again, it’s not over for him but I thought he was progressing to the point of becoming something pretty special. Man, we were so close as a unit it just pisses me off to think of 2015, the Thabo incident followed by DMC game 1 vs Cavs. Bunch of bs all around.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

dennis never matured the way that Bud and Company hoped that he would.  He was always a me first, selfish player.  He held this team back with that type of play.  We will be better this year than we were last year.  Book it. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...