• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am now rooting for Trae Young

Sothron

Welcome home, @Sothron.  I guess I'll stop calling you soth-wrong now?  Maybe for a while? (hehe)  C'mon, that was a good nickname.

I do find the timing of this a bit curious considering the Twolves are well into the process of resurrecting the beataBulls in Minnesota.  Lookin' like that up'n'coming(sic) young team's about to get a heavy dose of Luol/Noah minutes.  Is Scalabrine available too?  heh

Good to hear that Rayford's a good, hardworking kid.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Welcome home, @Sothron.  I guess I'll stop calling you soth-wrong now?  Maybe for a while? (hehe)  C'mon, that was a good nickname.

I do find the timing of this a bit curious considering the Twolves are well into the process of resurrecting the beataBulls in Minnesota.  Lookin' like that up'n'coming(sic) young team's about to get a heavy dose of Luol/Noah minutes.  Is Scalabrine available too?  heh

Good to hear that Rayford's a good, hardworking kid.

Yeah, she's told me a number of stories about him that I don't think are repeatable because of it was personal to her, her kids or other people. But Young sounds like a really good, humble kid that loves the game the right way. I can never hate on a guy that has to be chased out of the gym or encouraged to put down the ball to do other things.

The TWolves are fine. Whatever little tread Deng has will be used up in one year with Thibs.

3 hours ago, Dnice said:

So no more of the acie law stuff?

Unless he turns out like him, no.

Speaking of good Trae Young reads:  http://theundefeated.com/features/atlanta-hawks-rookie-trae-young-created-his-own-avatar-for-nba-2k19/?addata=espn:nba:index

There's no denying this kids will and work ethic and he has set the bar high for himself.  It's just a matter of him being able to put it all together when he hits the floor.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So let me get this straight...for 3 straight months, we tell you that we have a future superstar on our hands in Trae. He’s unselfish, can pass the hell out of the ball, is a team player whose loved by his teammates, coaches and a great number of fans and you reject our assessment of him and insist that he’s a bust and the next Acie Law and go on a huge rant about it...until they put you in a 5x5 working cell with Susan B. Anthony and you’re on the wagon now? 

Sounds cool, hop on let’s ride! ? 

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I think this kid is a superstar. I said I was rooting for him now. I got a look at him as a person that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise except through something like this. Guys that bust their hump and want to bring their team up versus chase personal stats are guys I'm going to root for.

If he is a bust then I will call him out for it. But I'm sincerely hoping that won't be the case.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good for you 'ron.

At least this didn't take as long as you giving up the flip phone for a smart phone. :angel:

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

And Buurd, with the dagger, from downtooowwn!!

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good for you 'ron.

At least this didn't take as long as you giving up the flip phone for a smart phone. :angel:

Oh no u did

n’t

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

So let me get this straight...for 3 straight months, we tell you that we have a future superstar on our hands in Trae. He’s unselfish, can pass the hell out of the ball, is a team player whose loved by his teammates, coaches and a great number of fans and you reject our assessment of him and insist that he’s a bust and the next Acie Law and go on a huge rant about it...until they put you in a 5x5 working cell with Susan B. Anthony and you’re on the wagon now?

This is how we roll here.  There is no shortage of chronic hate around these parts!

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't hate him just thought that he was overrated

There are a lot of people who have been skeptical about Young who don't "hate" him either -- just thought he was overrated and will disappoint.  

• Like 1