• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am now rooting for Trae Young

Sothron

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

There are a lot of people who have been skeptical about Young who don't "hate" him either -- just thought he was overrated and will disappoint.  

In what way?  There is no doubt that he definitely can shoot and pass.  To me It will be fun to watch him grow as a basketball player.

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

So let me get this straight...for 3 straight months, we tell you that we have a future superstar on our hands in Trae. He’s unselfish, can pass the hell out of the ball, is a team player whose loved by his teammates, coaches and a great number of fans and you reject our assessment of him and insist that he’s a bust and the next Acie Law and go on a huge rant about it...until they put you in a 5x5 working cell with Susan B. Anthony and you’re on the wagon now? 

Sounds cool, hop on let’s ride! ? 

Susan must be real cute.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

In what way?  There is no doubt that he definitely can shoot and pass.  To me It will be fun to watch him grow as a basketball player.

In the same way as you doubted Bud was as good as others thought.  

For me personally, I saw his limited defensive abilities and his less than exciting efficiency against conference opponents - 39% FG%, 33% 3pt%, 150 assists versus 112 turnovers and wondered if he was the best guy for the pick.  Is that hate?  I'm rooting for the kid to blow away my expectations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Maybe I've had one too many old fashioneds on this vacation but has @Spud2nique dropped both a Susan B. Anthony and Margaret Thatcher reference over the past 24hours?  What's the matter, Spudlous, are you in court ordered sensitivity training?

? community service for kg has made me realize I better start actin right or I maybe be visiting parts of Cali I’m not sure I’d like to visit..san Q... ? 

Ive been reading in my spare time also pa!

40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Susan must be real cute.

She’s a looker!

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

In the same way as you doubted Bud was as good as others thought.  

For me personally, I saw his limited defensive abilities and his less than exciting efficiency against conference opponents - 39% FG%, 33% 3pt%, 150 assists versus 112 turnovers and wondered if he was the best guy for the pick.  Is that hate?  I'm rooting for the kid to blow away my expectations.

He was only 18 years old last season.  Bud was an old dude making the same mistakes over and over

42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Trae's the real deal.   It may take a season to convince the doubters but it will happen.

I’ve been watching every pass he’s ever made on tape this summer. This is the 2nd best passing prospect I’ve ever seen. First was Jason Kidd. This doesn’t include Magic Johnson. I’m doing it based on 85 draft until now. He’s ridiculous. There’s gonna be many times people have to rewind the ? to see how he made the pass during the games this season. 

We may have finally found our quarterback. Hell is only took about 35 years of fanhood for me...

• Like 3

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve been watching every pass he’s ever made on tape this summer. This is the 2nd best passing prospect I’ve ever seen. First was Jason Kidd. This doesn’t include Magic Johnson. I’m doing it based on 85 draft until now. He’s ridiculous. There’s gonna be many times people have to rewind the ? to see how he made the pass during the games this season. 

We may have finally found our quarterback. Hell is only took about 35 years of fanhood for me...

Exactly.   He'll be a great player in his own right but also make everyone around him better.   I think everyone is seeing what Trae has been telling them.  He isn't Steph.  They have really different games other than long 3s.  But he is similar to Nash.   Don't know if he'll be as good as Nash but we can hope. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.   He'll be a great player in his own right but also make everyone around him better.   I think everyone is seeing what Trae has been telling them.  He isn't Steph.  They have really different games other than long 3s.  But he is similar to Nash.   Don't know if he'll be as good as Nash but we can hope. 

Agreed he’s Nash 1 for me..isiah Zeke Thomas 1A. I don’t see Steph though outside of like you said the long range 3. I think we see a guy who goes for 18 points and 12 dimes vs 24 points and 7 dimes....and that’s exactly what we want...getting everyone else involved. 

We went with ur guy @macdaddy and it’s a great choice. I still think my (old) guy Doncic would have been solid as well but this is starting to look really great for us considering that Dallas top 5 protected pick. Imagine if we land picks 1,6, and 11 in next year’s draft. Maaaaan. Good stuff!

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This is the biggest encouragement I have seen from him.  I had serious worries about ball-hogging based on his choice of school, usage rate in college and some of the games I saw him play where he was forcing shots.  While his summer league was a mixed bag and while summer league means jack squat for whether anyone can replicate success against G-League summer talent thrown together on almost random rosters against NBA starters in integrated team settings, he really increased my hopes that he can be a plus passer and not someone who wants to be the next Iverson, Marbury, Franchise, Westbrook, etc. just monopolizing the ball from the PG position to get his.  I am really optimistic now that he will take a much more team oriented approach to running the offense than I had feared.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I still have my original Kidd Mavs jersey back when that wasn't a throwback but a regular jersey. It was the first jersey I bought with my own money. After I saved up a bit I got a Rice jersey when he was on the Heat. I could never find a Hawks jersey in our local stores. This was before the internet. I'd still kill to get a Hornets Mourning jersey though.

I should show the pics of those two jerseys compared to the size jersey I have to buy now. Getting stuff back in high school versus now is quite a different story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

This is the biggest encouragement I have seen from him.  I had serious worries about ball-hogging based on his choice of school, usage rate in college and some of the games I saw him play where he was forcing shots.  While his summer league was a mixed bag and while summer league means jack squat for whether anyone can replicate success against G-League summer talent thrown together on almost random rosters against NBA starters in integrated team settings, he really increased my hopes that he can be a plus passer and not someone who wants to be the next Iverson, Marbury, Franchise, Westbrook, etc. just monopolizing the ball from the PG position to get his.  I am really optimistic now that he will take a much more team oriented approach to running the offense than I had feared.  

Yes sir!

40 minutes ago, Sothron said:

People don't understand how much I love Sanford and Son. I could watch that show literally every day for the rest of my life and still want more. Best tv show song ever.

The Get Down

Get it, soth.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

U win the Internet today! I can’t come back from that. Game, set and match! Take a bow @AHF! ? ? 

Even I begrudgingly laughed.  Don't tell AH though.

• Like 2