• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Travis and Lloyd's Excellent(?) Adventure Begins: Training Camp Start Presser

sturt

I don't know what y'all see but I see 2 guys that are excellent or should I say at the least pretty good at there jobs. Travis Schlenk has proven to be beyond ordinary at evaluating talent even those off the court like (coahes) persay. He still has some work to do as far as his trade negotiations but he understands $$$ and cap room and thru his talent evaluation is excellent in navigating around it. 

Coach Pierce on the other hand has a real insight on how to delegate talent atleast from what  I'm hearing understands how to transition the talent he has to maximize it properly. Best part is Schlenk's ability to scout and add talent has allowed him to pretty much be at the complete stages for his job atleast until the season starts. It's so good to where when they stumped Schlenk with a question of team marketing practices Pierce was able to smoothly cover (wingman). It was like he got me what I wanted as far as team/talent now I got him as far as making it all work. That type of chemistry unfortunately wasn't seen with him and Bud and the results showed. 

Looking at our roster from last year to this year we are overall better and only youth and possible chemistry, learning to play in the nba and play with each other will be the only thing slowing us down. Schlenk obviously worked hand and hand with his coach to decipher this roster. I believe he did or atleast attempted the same thing last year with Bud but looking at the type of players Bud likes and the type Schlenk/Pierce likes are two different things. Now that our GM and coach are on one accord I see this season being a tremendous success compared to last season. I'm saying 39 wins but I feel like I'm shorting our Hawks. I know if we make the playoffs anything goes and with all the dynamics we have I'm not even fearing Boston or Toronto.

The league will know what they are in for or atleast get a glimpse with our Hawks because if we do so happen to make the playoffs I believe we'll even give a team like the Warriors a scare. I'm excited about this season because even if we don't play up to par we are going to still give a glimpse of what the league has to get/be ready for. Let's Go Hawks and if anyone finds/knows a standings or win/loss bet I can do from home without flying to Vegas please let me know asap. 

I have a knack for seeing things before they come and of course have no problem sharing some profit with those of helpful service.   

• Like 2

So much to do!  Older teams with their returning veterans just have to work out and re-bond.  They have been there - done that.  So much teaching in front of Lloyd and his staff.  Leadership from the veteran guys who have been around for a while but not with the Hawks.

Young players who have a new opportunity, like Alex Len.  No one says much about him.  Huerter didn't get any exposure in summer league so many have forgot about him and what he might be able to do.  Spellman looked pretty good in summer league, considering he was just one draft pick away from the second round.  Will he spend this season on the bench or in Erie, as some think? 

One month to work out many of the kinks and to begin the teaching process.  KB21 expects this Hawk team to play very exciting, but losing ball due to our inexperience, both as players and coaches.  I, on the other hand, expect to see exciting, winning ball.  Quiet a contrast.  At least we agree.  They will play exciting ball!  That's a start.  TV games coming soon !!

GO AL HAWKS !!

:biggrin:

• Moderators
8 hours ago, sillent said:

I don't know what y'all see but I see 2 guys that are excellent or should I say at the least pretty good at there jobs. Travis Schlenk has proven to be beyond ordinary at evaluating talent even those off the court like (coahes) persay. He still has some work to do as far as his trade negotiations but he understands $$$ and cap room and thru his talent evaluation is excellent in navigating around it. 

Coach Pierce on the other hand has a real insight on how to delegate talent atleast from what  I'm hearing understands how to transition the talent he has to maximize it properly. Best part is Schlenk's ability to scout and add talent has allowed him to pretty much be at the complete stages for his job atleast until the season starts. It's so good to where when they stumped Schlenk with a question of team marketing practices Pierce was able to smoothly cover (wingman). It was like he got me what I wanted as far as team/talent now I got him as far as making it all work. That type of chemistry unfortunately wasn't seen with him and Bud and the results showed. 

Looking at our roster from last year to this year we are overall better and only youth and possible chemistry, learning to play in the nba and play with each other will be the only thing slowing us down. Schlenk obviously worked hand and hand with his coach to decipher this roster. I believe he did or atleast attempted the same thing last year with Bud but looking at the type of players Bud likes and the type Schlenk/Pierce likes are two different things. Now that our GM and coach are on one accord I see this season being a tremendous success compared to last season. I'm saying 39 wins but I feel like I'm shorting our Hawks. I know if we make the playoffs anything goes and with all the dynamics we have I'm not even fearing Boston or Toronto.

The league will know what they are in for or atleast get a glimpse with our Hawks because if we do so happen to make the playoffs I believe we'll even give a team like the Warriors a scare. I'm excited about this season because even if we don't play up to par we are going to still give a glimpse of what the league has to get/be ready for. Let's Go Hawks and if anyone finds/knows a standings or win/loss bet I can do from home without flying to Vegas please let me know asap. 

I have a knack for seeing things before they come and of course have no problem sharing some profit with those of helpful service.   

I like the positive energy in this post but I consider a lot of what is considered “proven” in here to still be unproven.  I hope your tale proves correct but we need more time to tell.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I like the positive energy in this post but I consider a lot of what is considered “proven” in here to still be unproven.  I hope your tale proves correct but we need more time to tell.

Agreed.  

Last year, we were 21st in defense and 26th in offense.   For us to make that jump into the 30 win club, one of these two numbers are going to have to be in the mid-teens and the other number has to be in the high 20s.

So what has the Hawks improved so drastically from last year, to drive either our Offensive or Defensive rating close to the mid teens?  With the Lakers ( who won 35 games ), their jump came on the defensive end, jumping from dead last on defense in 2017, to 12th in 2018.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Agreed.  

Last year, we were 21st in defense and 26th in offense.   For us to make that jump into the 30 win club, one of these two numbers are going to have to be in the mid-teens and the other number has to be in the high 20s.

So what has the Hawks improved so drastically from last year, to drive either our Offensive or Defensive rating close to the mid teens?  With the Lakers ( who won 35 games ), their jump came on the defensive end, jumping from dead last on defense in 2017, to 12th in 2018.

I think we've added several guys who really have solid offensive games.   I think there's no question we are more talented offensively this year.   Don't know if it will translate to a lot of wins but it should make for a better, and more enjoyable, offensive team.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Agreed.  

No Delaney, no Isaiah Taylor, Antionious Cleveland, Jaylen Morris, Damian Lee, Mike Muscala, Andrew White III, Josh Magette, Tyler Cavenauh, Dennis Schröder or Bud. Last year is relevant because?? Please Explain 

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 9/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, sillent said:

No Delaney, no Isaiah Taylor, Antionious Cleveland, Jaylen Morris, Damian Lee, Mike Muscala, Andrew White III, Josh Magette, Tyler Cavenauh, Dennis Schröder or Bud. Last year is relevant because?? Please Explain 

You should be able to bridge from that team to this team and to think about how things change.  We've got personnel changes, schematic changes and coaching changes.  Should be an interesting dissection at the end of the season.

• Premium Member

Instead of only focusing on wins and losses, though, other objective measures can and will be put in place, with a development focus at the center of it all.

“We say it everyday,” Pierce said. “‘How are we going to win today? What’s our win for the day?’ We have to measure 10-game clumps. What are we focusing on and are we getting better? Next 10-game clumps, what are we focusing on and are we getting better? That’s individually and that’s collectively as a team. If we’re trending that same way, that’s what we’re measuring. What the number is and when the timeline is is not really up to us right now. It’s really about measuring our guys and their performances on a daily basis, on a 10-game basis, on a nightly basis of improvement, growth and development.”

Some 10-game samples will be better than others for the Hawks this season and, given the overall youth of the roster (non-Vince Carter division), it is probably safe to assume that the team’s highest levels will come later in the campaign. Still, Schlenk noted second-year big man John Collins as an example of what gradual growth and development can bring, citing his blooming abilities on the perimeter after acting in a more strict position as a “roll guy” early in his rookie season.

• Like 2