• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Luka will start PF ....here’s why it’s hawks related

JTB

• Admin

All we are seeing with Donic at the 4 is his versatility.  He is not going to be a permanent PF as that is not his natural position but he can play PF.  He will prob mostly be a SG/SF with handles / passing but can fill in at 4 different positions in a pinch.  That's pretty awesome.  I don't know why people are getting on him about that.

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

I think PF is his best position because he’s got good size at about 230. Most 4s nowadays aren’t really huge threats in post up situations anyways.  If he finds himself matched up against a stretch 4 type, I think he could hang. You put him on a SG or SF and he will struggle most nights. NBA wings are some of the best athletes in the world. 

Korver did ok against SG's with us and the Cavs. Just play good help D in the paint and let him be a harasser. John Collins will crush Luka or Korver and John is not even elite yet.

We just got to agree to disagree. A good test if it happens will be Collins matched up against Luka.

45 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

The great Luka Doncic has 9pts on 37% shooting and 4 turnovers heading into the 4th qtr

Put up a good stat line ... just like Hedo or the small forward version of Horford would.

Perhaps an even bigger takeaway from that game was Fultz play.  Yikes.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Put up a good stat line ... just like Hedo or the small forward version of Horford would.

Perhaps an even bigger takeaway from that game was Fultz play.  Yikes.

Fultz was ugly in this one.  He will be fascinating to watch this year I think.  Last year was so bizarre.

For Luke, he struggled shooting today but like you said if a struggling game is 11 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks then I've seen worse from struggling rookies.  

Pre-season grain of salt for all of this.  Waiting for the regular season to actually care.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Fultz was ugly in this one.  He will be fascinating to watch this year I think.  Last year was so bizarre.

For Luke, he struggled shooting today but like you said if a struggling game is 11 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks then I've seen worse from struggling rookies.  

Pre-season grain of salt for all of this.  Waiting for the regular season to actually care.

C'mon, sun.  This is how you miss the hot-take wagon.  Gotta get them takes on the record early, bro.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

C'mon, sun.  This is how you miss the hot-take wagon.  Gotta get them takes on the record early, bro.

I had my hot takes at the draft.  Now I want to see what people do in actual competitive situations not against D-league summer talent or 'knocking off the rust' pre-season play.