• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

No 1st game Preseason Love.. Is anybody going?

sillent

I already said that we could be better than expected. True PG, 2 young and upcoming players and a bunch of quality players, up to 12. 

Today we were missing Dedmon, Anderson and Spellman that can provide quality minutes. Anderson, Len, Lin, healthy Bembry, Spellman, even Poythress, those are huge upgrade over our former bench and we are going to see it. 

Glad Hawks open some eyes. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Glad they played well and hope it continues to develop but need to temper some expectations here ...

This is the first preseason game of the year.

I had that reaction when reading statistical comparisons against prior seasons.  Pretty sure nobody bothers with preseason numbers once the real games start.

These are all just for fun.  And they are fun after a long summer of waiting for the return of NBA ball.

I think the roles are already defined. Trae will set the offense up, but the scoring will go through JC and Prince. Len will anchor the defense down low. Bembry will provide energy and be a secondary ball handler. Shooting guard will be Baze until he is traded. Don't think KH is ready for that role though.

What shocked me is how poised and polished we looked for a young team. I was really expecting us to play much worse basketball. Not saying we are playoff bound, but that definitely didn’t look like worse team in the league bad.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I missed this one.

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s the one I mentioned last night. Surprised nobody put it up before this. Trae timed Randle’s jump. If that’s not foresight, not sure what is.

Practice makes perfect:

In the second quarter, off a pick-and-roll, Young threw a pass off the backboard to Collins for an alley-oop. Young said he and Collins have been working on that during drills in practice dating back to Summer League. They were waiting for a moment to do it in a game. 

• Like 1

What shocked me is how poised and polished we looked for a young team. I was really expecting us to play much worse basketball. Not saying we are playoff bound, but that definitely didn’t look like worse team in the league bad.

I thought the same thing. It's early days, but the offense had little trouble getting good looks. Even Huerter who didn't shoot well was still able to shake his man and get a few easy attempts driving towards the basket, he just didn't convert.

6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

I thought the same thing. It's early days, but the offense had little trouble getting good looks. Even Huerter who didn't shoot well was still able to shake his man and get a few easy attempts driving towards the basket, he just didn't convert.

I was too hype for that finger roll that didn’t drop for KH because I was waiting for him to do something other than stand around. What I want to see from this offense and the other guys outside of Trae is sharing the ball. It seemed like everyone other then Trae just looked to get theirs.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You're not even the Court Jester Spud.

You're more of a 'rabble rouser' outside the castle.

?  I’m not really a political guy. I just try and share some thoughts on the site from watching ball ? for a minute.

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s the one I mentioned last night. Surprised nobody put it up before this. Trae timed Randle’s jump. If that’s not foresight, not sure what is.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Practice makes perfect:

In the second quarter, off a pick-and-roll, Young threw a pass off the backboard to Collins for an alley-oop. Young said he and Collins have been working on that during drills in practice dating back to Summer League. They were waiting for a moment to do it in a game. 

I remember watching a vid of them and the team in the summer and they were working on ally's off of the backboard. Coach Pierce was saying that's good but they don't have to always use the backboard. I see why they practiced that and it came in handy on that play.

• Like 1