• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'll say it first, Trae Young is as good a playmaker as CP3 was out of Wake Forest

NBASupes

I know no one else has said it but CP3 was the best playmaker I've seen out of college in my time alive. Better than Kidd or anyone else out of college. Young is just as good. Now Young isn't the athlete CP3 was nor is he has skilled but his talent level is just as high and his ability to space the floor and his ability to have no wasted movement on the ball is what makes him so deadly potentially.  When CP3 was a rookie, he was amazing. You knew he would be a superstar for many years to come and in many people's eyes, he was the next Isiah Thomas. It's clear now that he was more unique and maybe one of the best PG's we have ever seen. What I am saying is, do not be surprise if we win a lot more games then we expect. Young playmaking is just that good. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know no one else has said it but CP3 was the best playmaker I've seen out of college in my time alive. Better than Kidd or anyone else out of college. Young is just as good. Now Young isn't the athlete CP3 was nor is he has skilled but his talent level is just as high and his ability to space the floor and his ability to have no wasted movement on the ball is what makes him so deadly potentially.  When CP3 was a rookie, he was amazing. You knew he would be a superstar for many years to come and in many people's eyes, he was the next Isiah Thomas. It's clear now that he was more unique and maybe one of the best PG's we have ever seen. What I am saying is, do not be surprise if we win a lot more games then we expect. Young playmaking is just that good. 

What do you think Trae's numbers will be at the end of the year?

8 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I personally think CP3 is the best playmaker in the history of the NBA.  It might be a good idea to temper our expectations of Young just a bit.

We, the fans, are always comparing.  It's great that we have a player that can actually compare with a great one.  If Trae is close to this, we will all be able to strut, big time.  We really need a super star.  This is a very high target to aim for.  Just think, the lowly Hawks hit the jackpot in the draft!

We didn't draft CP3 because he was too small.  Guess we have learned our lesson.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is like Magic, Stockton, Price, Kidd and Nash never existed. That's the only way statements like this could be remotely true.

Paul is a good player but he's not even a HOFer IMO.

That said, I get that he'll make it in based off him being so 'rated' as a player during his era.  And because of the bogus HOF process in general.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, High5 said:

Paul is a lock for the HOF and he absolutely should be. 

Because, after the Hawks passed him in the draft and afterward he made the all star team!  Is this not reason enough?

:laugh:

• Like 3

@kg01 I failed to load a picture on the previous post but https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html

The next smallest player on the list is 3 inches and 15 pounds heavier.  With 9 fewer All-Defense Selections.

I used to question Paul’s reputation too but he was a victim of poor basketball philosophy from past coaches.  Not even Michael Jordan deserves to have the ball in his hands as much as Paul did in LA.  For his size the man has absolutely no weaknesses.  In his first true season playing off the ball he was excellent.  Some Cs don’t shoot .471.  Career .372 from three and he doesn’t even like taking them. 4:1 assist to turnover?  I could go on...

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

@kg01 I failed ...

Aha, we agree. :happy:

Paul is a good player.  I'd take quite a few ahead of him.

I should've added a disclaimer to my HOF comments.  I think it's criminally watered down so there's quite a few players who I think were really good but shouldn't be in the HOF.  Deke is one, for example.  Mitch Richmond, etc.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why?

"Why not?" is the real question here. The only argument against him is that he's only made it out of the 2nd round once, but he's still won a lot of playoff games during the most competitive stretch of maybe any conference ever. His individual numbers are off the charts and he's one of the few star guards that have a clear impact on both sides of the floor. 

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

"Why not?" is the real question here. The only argument against him is that he's only made it out of the 2nd round once, but he's still won a lot of playoff games during the most competitive stretch of maybe any conference ever. His individual numbers are off the charts and he's one of the few star guards that have a clear impact on both sides of the floor. 

We agree that he'll be a HOFer.

Sounds like we disagree that he's one of the greatest to play the position.  My "Why?" was more so aimed at your "and he absolutely should be".

(Disclaimer: I don't think being one of the greatest to play the game is a prerequisite for admittance to the basketball HOF, as it's currently constituted.)

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Paul is a good player but he's not even a HOFer IMO.

That said, I get that he'll make it in based off him being so 'rated' as a player during his era.  And because of the bogus HOF process in general.

Pass that sh!t