• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'll say it first, Trae Young is as good a playmaker as CP3 was out of Wake Forest

NBASupes

I think as a pure passer talent wise, he's closer to Nash with the creativity he's shown. CP3 is less flashy. I also think CP3 showed himself to be more dangerous all over the court as a playmaker. I think Young will be more fun to watch though. Gotta get the shot down!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

And give me CP3 over Kidd, Nash (barely), Price. Can't comment on Stockton/Magic, but I THINK CP3 is the best PG I've seen factoring longevity alongside Nash, Curry will pass them both soon if he hasn't already

CP3 is one of the best all around PGs in NBA History and easily a HOFer. Probably the only PG with no real hole in his game. He did everything you would want your PG to do at a high level. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Reading some of the nonsense I see here, some of ya'll got some nerves. CP3 not a HOF, lol

Speaking of nonsense, Paul is estimated to have a 99.99% chance of making the HOF.  Get real, Supes.  There is no way to justify saying he isn't going to make the HOF.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

All you can say is what kg did - that the HOF has standards that are too low and that they shouldn't accept as many people as they do today.  But the formula BR uses is damn accurate and rates him as having the 4th best chance among all active players and 27th best chance among all players in NBA/ABA history.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Speaking of nonsense, Paul is estimated to have a 99.99% chance of making the HOF.  Get real, Supes.  There is no way to justify saying he isn't going to make the HOF.

All you can say is what kg did - that the HOF has standards that are too low and that they shouldn't accept as many people as they do today.  But the formula BR uses is damn accurate and rates him as having the 4th best chance among all active players and 27th best chance among all players in NBA/ABA history.

Chris Paul is an absolute no doubter. If TMac got in, then CP3 is definitely getting in.

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Price is the best pure point guard in the history of the game. CP3 will never be on his level. The only thing the slowed down Price was injuries and the pace of the game changing in the early 90's into the boring defensive crap the game became  for so long.

? no...no way...the best? I say Magic was the best and Stockton was 2nd. If you go way back into a different era, Cousy HAS to be in the convo as well. Price might not even crack top 25 in my book.

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Look at the some recent inductees. Alonzo Mourning, Ray Allen, etc. Basketball has relatively low bar compared to other sports.

That’s cold blooded. Mourning and Allen both belong.

Ray Allen,

Will you be here all night? (Assuming that was a joke?)

You lose that Cavs bet and I think we found ur avatar... You just better hope I don’t give you Celtic Allen ? 

Its better than letting @kg01 and his whores decide. ? 

4 hours ago, AHF said:

What are you talking about? Of course I think CP3 is a HOF. I think he is one of the best PGs ever. I stated that much in the opening post. I just think its hilarious you got posters who don't think CP3 is a HOF. Of course he is a HOF

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Sothron said:

It is like Magic, Stockton, Price, Kidd and Nash never existed. That's the only way statements like this could be remotely true.

I apologize.  What I had in my mind didn't make it into my post.  Based on what I actually typed, you're right. 

What I meant to type was CP3 is best playmaker among traditional PGs (thus, the comparison to Young). 

I have always held a separate category for the hybrid guys like Magic, LeBron, Simmons, and Penny.  Magic and LeBron are both better playmakers than Paul. So is Harden, for that matter.

That said, I sincerely believe CP3 is a better all-around playmaker than the traditional PGs on your list if you account for ability to make plays for oneself within the flow of the offense.

Nash, I think, is right when he says he was too unselfish. He certainly had the ability.

Kidd, if you'll recall, was an occasional liability earlier on in his career because of his poor perimeter shooting.

Price, well, injuries.  

Small point about Stockton - compare his TO% to Paul's...that's a HUGE difference when talking "all-time great."  That swings it in Paul's favor, IMHO.

Paul, I believe, is the best combination of defensive playmaking, offensive distribution, intelligent decision-making, and versatile scoring ability.  There's a reason his advanced numbers are "off the charts" good.

Here's the B-R link in case anyone wants it:

Best traditional PGs

• Moderators
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What are you talking about? Of course I think CP3 is a HOF. I think he is one of the best PGs ever. I stated that much in the opening post. I just think its hilarious you got posters who don't think CP3 is a HOF. Of course he is a HOF

I completely misread your post. When you said “CP3 not a HOF, lol” I thought you were laughing at people who thought he was a HOFer.  Likely so you could argue Horford is the greatest pure point of the modern era.  ?

You and I are on the same page on this one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

I think as a pure passer talent wise, he's closer to Nash with the creativity he's shown. CP3 is less flashy. I also think CP3 showed himself to be more dangerous all over the court as a playmaker. I think Young will be more fun to watch though. Gotta get the shot down!

His shot worries me. His shot was wasn't falling towards the end of last year either. 

His shot worries me. His shot was wasn't falling towards the end of last year either. 

Yea, honestly everything else looks pretty good to me. If he can shoot anywhere near the way he did in college he's all star caliber with his passing and handle

15 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Yea, honestly everything else looks pretty good to me. If he can shoot anywhere near the way he did in college he's all star caliber with his passing and handle

If defenders do not respect his shot it will be a lot harder for him to operate. So far his best scoring is getting to to the line with cheap fouls, he is pretty crafty.

55 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If defenders do not respect his shot it will be a lot harder for him to operate. So far his best scoring is getting to to the line with cheap fouls, he is pretty crafty.

True, he is much shiftier with his handle than I thought. Excited for this kid, I think he's (potentially) the real deal. 3 more picks in this upcoming draft!

11 hours ago, AHF said:

I completely misread your post. When you said “CP3 not a HOF, lol” I thought you were laughing at people who thought he was a HOFer.  Likely so you could argue Horford is the greatest pure point of the modern era.  ?

You and I are on the same page on this one.

Hilarious. My love for Al's game shouldn't interfere with others.  :Scott:

• Moderators
19 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Getting to the line was a key part of his game in college too.  When the foul calls dried up later in the year, it was part of his struggles.