• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

White chocolate and Trae.

Wurider05

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Maybe? It hasn't shown any signs of getting better. He's incredibly young so he has the chance to improve it.

I guess what I and others are saying is that his shot selection is a cause for concern. That could be improved but as of right now, yes, it is a problem. I do think he could fix it in time. I'm not going to give up on a kid that hasn't played a regular season game.

Somewhere between blind homerism and blind hatred must fall the balance of honest criticism and critique. Saying a player has a flaw or two doesn't is just calling it like it is. It also doesn't mean that player can't work on those flaws and get better.

Exactly this. Every single draft pick in this draft class has flaws in their games that each team hopes with time they can fix.  

One should be able to look at Trae's 13 FGA from last game and determine which is a good shot vs a bad shot attempt without feeling as if there is some agenda/conspiracy/hate or whatever buzz words get thrown around.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly this. Every single draft pick in this draft class has flaws in their games that each team hopes with time they can fix.  

One should be able to look at Trae's 13 FGA from last game and determine which is a good shot vs a bad shot attempt without feeling as if there is some agenda/conspiracy/hate or whatever buzz words get thrown around.

2-3 shots maybe could have been better?

6 hours ago, Bonkers said:

U clearly gave something against Trae whether u admit it or not. Your criticism of him being able to draw "cheap fouls" is one of the most asinine criticisms I have ever heard about a player

Asinine is my go to word. And yes, that was an asinine statement. 

• Like 1

When the center position was highly valued, the common sentiment was, "you can't teach height."  My concerns with Young are more along the lines of, " you can't coach speed. "Dennis blew around him at will  Dennis even chased him down the floor and blocked his shot.  I don't know that I've ever seen Dennis do that before. Maybe if Trae was a #15-20 pick it wouldn't be so alarming, but to think we tanked to get this is disturbing.  Not very fast, not a very good shooter (especially against summer league and preseason competition) is not very encouraging after a pathetic tanking season.  

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I thought he played a good game offensively.  He knocked down the 2 open 3s he got.  He attacked the paint and got a few layups.  If he gets 2 of those floaters to fall, you're now talking about him shooting 7 -13 and scoring 20 points.

To me, people will come after Trae like they did Lonzo Ball in his rookie year.  It took Lonzo about 2 months to adjust.  Once he did, he started playing much better.

• Like 1

Can the dude play 1 regular season game before we sum up his whole career?

Just 1 game, folks?!!  Just 1?!?!

"Bwah, but summer league and blah, blah, blah ..."

Ok, Marvin Williams was a beast in summer league and preseason.  A BEAST!  Explain that!

I'll wait.

And I was the most ardent critic of the pick.  Give the dude a chance.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can the dude play 1 regular season game before we sum up his whole career?

Just 1 game, folks?!!  Just 1?!?!

"Bwah, but summer league and blah, blah, blah ..."

Ok, Marvin Williams was a beast in summer league and preseason.  A BEAST!  Explain that!

I'll wait.

And I was the most ardent critic of the pick.  Give the dude a chance.

You claim to have been a bigger critic of the pick than Sothron?  The most ardent?  

I’ll give you strongly ardent.  But most?  Nah.

10 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Every human, without exception, has flaws.  Even me and thee!

:MooseGoggles:

Like this but don’t forget we are blessed with one poster who is infallible so maybe one kingly board member exception?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

You claim to have been a bigger critic of the pick than Sothron?  The most ardent?  

Like this but don’t forget we are blessed with one poster who is infallible so maybe one kingly board member exception?

Uh, some of the stuff I said about Rayford on that site for real GM's would make soth blush.  You got the tame version here.  Didn't want to upset folks' sensibilities.

7 hours ago, Watchman said:

When the center position was highly valued, the common sentiment was, "you can't teach height."  My concerns with Young are more along the lines of, " you can't coach speed. "Dennis blew around him at will  Dennis even chased him down the floor and blocked his shot.  I don't know that I've ever seen Dennis do that before. Maybe if Trae was a #15-20 pick it wouldn't be so alarming, but to think we tanked to get this is disturbing.  Not very fast, not a very good shooter (especially against summer league and preseason competition) is not very encouraging after a pathetic tanking season.  

Dennis couldn't blow past a soul his rookie year. ok. Speed is not what gets you past defenders consistently

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know what, I didn't get a chance to watch the OKC game.  Reading folks' comments would lead one to believe the dude played like @Spud2nique out there.  Watching that clip .... it didn't look near as bad as folks are describing.

I'm thinking Dennis had some Lebron-esque chase down block or something.  Well, it weren't that.  Good play but folks made it sound like Rayford was at the halfcourt line and Dennis ran him down or something.  What TF is wrong with us?

The lesson I learned is I'm not listening to any of these clowns anymore.  This is ridiculous.  Dude shook and took Dennis to the rim like 4 times in that clip.  Good vs bad shots are clearly differentiated in that clip as well.  Guy was money on the good shots.  The bad shots were just that .. bad shots (i.e. teachable moments, not lack of skill).  A couple were at the end of the shot clock. What should he do, hold the ball to preserve fg%?

I'm so mad at us right now.  Agenda's are on clear display.

#DoBetterAgendaSquawk

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting stuff, worth the watch.

Interesting indeed.  Also seemed to explain why the 4pt line is there.  And, for those looking to feed their agendas, it's not there to encourage dudes to jak up long 3's.  Yeah, I could explain it but F it.  I'm mad at y'all.  Watch the clip.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dennis could get by people he just couldn't finish to save his life. He couldn't shoot or pass or handle the ball, he was terrible.

No he couldn't. Defenders rode his hip to the baseline drive after drive after drive after drive after drive, every time he would have to bring the ball back out to the perimeter or pass it off to a teammate.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I'm not sure which one you are speaking of... I could name about five.