• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

White chocolate and Trae.

Wurider05

3 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

You guys are over exaggerating my original post. I only said that he reminded me of White Chocolate that way he plays now. I never once said that he would not improve or that his shot would not improve. I never said that. I stand by what I said. You guys are too sensitive about this. Whether you liked the pick or not he is a Hawk now and we should all want him to succeed. I was not a fan of the pick until I realized he was a pure point guard and not just a scorer/chucker. I want him to succeed. I tell you this he has too especially if Doncic blows up. It the trade involved any other team other than the Hawks it would not be a big deal to the media---but you know how the media likes to kick us around. 

I've actually been encouraged by the media who've actually watched him play.  Seems they're finally letting go of the Curry stuff and are attempting to evaluate him in his own right.  Small sample ...

Granted, there are some in the media who clearly don't do their homework and still look for him to be a 30pt.  I don't even watch BSPN but I assume that's where they're at with it.  A couple guys on NBARadio are still stuck on that too but all that tells me is they don't know what they're talking about.

11 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

You guys are over exaggerating my original post. I only said that he reminded me of White Chocolate that way he plays now. I never once said that he would not improve or that his shot would not improve. I never said that. I stand by what I said. You guys are too sensitive about this. Whether you liked the pick or not he is a Hawk now and we should all want him to succeed. I was not a fan of the pick until I realized he was a pure point guard and not just a scorer/chucker. I want him to succeed. I tell you this he has too especially if Doncic blows up. It the trade involved any other team other than the Hawks it would not be a big deal to the media---but you know how the media likes to kick us around. 

you better hit that moonwalk! lol

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@macdaddy and @AHF ironing out their disagreements over the years in this clip. Surprisingly they both shop for yellow underoos at the same French boutique...

Nothing as stylish when it comes to a fight as yellow underoos and a matching belt and scarf; the dress gives you more flexibility on your roundhouse kicks too.  More importantly, they are silky smooth for comfort.

(And an automatic 'like' for the fine use of an Airplane clip!)

• Like 1

• Moderators

I actually wasn't thinking of any squawkers necessarily.  More of guys like Simmons saying it's the top 5 worst trade ever.   I've seen a few others say Trae will be out of the league in 2 years but i'd have to dig that up.   

I don't recall anyone on here saying that but there were certainly folks who think that he'll never be as good as Luka and that he'll be a so-so PG.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I actually wasn't thinking of any squawkers necessarily.  More of guys like Simmons saying it's the top 5 worst trade ever.   I've seen a few others say Trae will be out of the league in 2 years but i'd have to dig that up.   

I don't recall anyone on here saying that but there were certainly folks who think that he'll never be as good as Luka and that he'll be a so-so PG.

Somebody was calling him Acie Law 2

lol i've actually been pleasantly surprised with Trae. Hes had stretches where hes ran the team really well, thats the kind of stuff I want to see from him. i'm confident his shot will eventually come. what I wanna see more of his coach pierce utilizing him off-ball to get him some open 3 pointers. 

@bleachkit Agreed with that. Huerter has been pretty... yikes

• Like 1

My only issue with Trae is where and when he takes his shots so shooting IQ and the other is consistent awareness of off ball movement aka working like hell to get the ball back in the same possession he gives it up and proper spacing.

All of that will be learned on the job and through film ....but personally I’m not really worried about him right now. Those are more like concerns that I already knew he had! What makes me love the Trae Young pick is that I believe he’s fully capable of learning all that stuff quickly 

Other than that He’s shown outstanding playmaking ability when he controls the offense off the pick. He really has a knack for delivering the ball to his teammates. 

Defensively I’m not sure who said but it’s spot on. Traes defense is a career process in other words it’s not his strength and they knew that before bringing him in that he will need to be covered defensively big time

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JTB said:

My only issue with Trae is where and when he takes his shots so shooting IQ and the other is consistent awareness of off ball movement aka working like hell to get the ball back in the same possession he gives it up and proper spacing.

All of that will be learned on the job and through film ....but personally I’m not really worried about him right now. Those are more like concerns that I already knew he had! What makes me love the Trae Young pick is that I believe he’s fully capable of learning all that stuff quickly 

Other than that He’s shown outstanding playmaking ability when he controls the offense off the pick. He really has a knack for delivering the ball to his teammates. 

Defensively I’m not sure who said but it’s spot on. Traes defense is a career process in other words it’s not his strength and they knew that before bringing him in that he will need to be covered defensively big time

Agree with a lot of this but I've seen him try more on defense than many a pg before him.  His size limits are real though.  Good post.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae has 5 steals and a block shot.  Collin Sexton has zeros in both categories.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Noted.

Trae is going to struggle often this season. It's something you gotta be ready for or you're going to have a bad time. It doesn't mean he's always going to struggle, though. I'm just hoping we see enough flashes to be optimistic going forward and he doesn't break any negative records. 

• Like 1