• Raised $440 of $700 target

Preseason Game #4: Hawks vs Spurs 10/10/18

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Niiiiiice ...

Booooo.  I want a real 'like'.

Eggsactly.

The TRhAtErs had a bad night last night.  Even if he would've missed the shot, he had a pretty good game all around.  IOW, even if they chime in with the 'ah it was a bad shot, blah, blah, blah' they'd still have to try to poo-poo an overall good game on top of that.

We won't hear from them until he struggles again which, as a 19yo rook PG, is an inevitability.  Since, I mean, every other 19 yo rook PG has experienced struggles since it's the nature of the position anyway.

Young looks increcible for a 19 year old at the position so far. I know they games don't officially count yet, but it's starters Vs. starters out there most nights. If he continues this level of play throughout the year he should be in the thick of the ROY race. His passing is as polished as I've ever seen from a player his age. 

42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its so nice to not have to defend our players for a change.  For at least 1 game, everyone is happy!  Except maybe 1 person of course.

You'd be complaining about the defense and the fact that Huerter goose egged in 5 undeserved minutes if Bud was still the coach. Just sayin'...

• Moderators

That game was just a hell of a lot of fun.  Pure enjoyment.  But considering the explosion on here, I have to warn people:

Trae is going to have better offensive games than this.  Significantly better.  22 points on 18 shots was a real nice game and his game winning shot was hella exciting but he is going to have games that are way better than 22 points on 18 FGA before he is done.  Try to make sure you are ready!

Prince killed it.  25 points on 11 shots?  Wow.  He was so hot to start and keeps showing signs that his late season run was a real step forward.

Really, almost everyone had a great game.  Bembry, Baze, Poythress, Lin and even Dorsey all had great to solid nights.  Len was outstanding.  Can't wait to see Collins and Dedmon on the floor with these guys.

And one more "like" for 'Prince and the Traevolution'!  @Dnice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pimp said:

Because i was  too busy dancing like  @Spud2nique 
giphy.gif

Wtffffff nah uh nah uh ur too new for this! Mods? I love this scene by the way. Farley was probably my fav, top 5 for sure for me. 

The morning after Trae hits the shot ?? around the Internet... 

Agree it’s funny people doin 180 AAli I feel that. Also, @TheNorthCydeRises I can’t believe sportscenter didn’t show Trae in the top 10. What was better than that? I hope just for that, Trae terrorizes the Celtics for the next 15 years. God I hate Bristol Connecticut and the Celtics! Ugh ? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wtffffff nah uh nah uh ur too new for this! Mods?

Hmmm.....

@pimp has been a Hawks fan since the 80's and a member of the Squawk for over 14 years.

Mod Ruling:  He officially is not too new to bust on @Spud2nique

Proceed as you will, pimp!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hmmm.....

@pimp has been a Hawks fan since the 80's and a member of the Squawk for over 14 years.

? great that opens the door ? for new jokes thrown at @JayBirdHawk and her “husband” (partner)!

Live and let die!!!! We can all proceed? Yes? Great! Even playing field is all I wanted from a mod! It’s on folks! An ? for an ? moving forward I’m glad we cleared things up! Thanks mod (intern)!

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hmmm.....

Ps I was kidding about Pimp he’s the dynasty guy I know he’s been here a minute.

All and all great game that started with a composed Baze. He sat back and let Prince do the work early with no heroics or interference. Everyone played with the composure. Bembry didn't hang his head low on his mistakes he just played smooth thru them. It's been the most I've seen Dorsey miss in awhile but he still hit many key shots. Porthress played like an ex factor in the hustle department. Huerter looked slightly better. Prince, Len and of course Trae get game ball for today.

Coach Lloyd Pierce face says it all about that shot at the end. It was a Trae shot not a good or bad shot just one most of the league isn't going to be ready for. He took when he peeped the defense was sleeping on him which is the perfect time to take  it and it soared in the air so long it took a decent amount of time off the clock. All in all great game look forward to many more exciting games and Kudos to the coach again. A composed Baze make our team look completely different because the rest of our players are pretty mature and composed to be such young players. Even old man Carter showed he was still the best Raptor taking on Derozan on the defensive assignment.

Expecting this year to continue to be exciting and enjoyable with more wins than most expect and greatness to come sooner than later. It's funny how in wins and seeing how formidable our team really is people are starting to be converted to the Brightside early. Come my squawkers, see the light!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, deester11 said:

That's messed up JayBird...

:smile3:

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Hmmm.....

It's a free for all and open season - EVERYBODY bust on @Spud2nique

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

#Traevolution trademark right here baby ? Found the comment on Instagram originally yesterday(before others tried to steal it and pass off as their own)it’s genius! 

You're too late broseph... I got the #Traevolution last week in our alternate universe...ask Brad.