• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are you most excited about for the new season.

thecampster

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

This board is the king of throwing stats around like VOIP and BPM

I’d suggest learning about what a statistically significant sample size is before wading into arguing numbers with Jay.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

But they do here.  Add in March and that is months 5-7.  Contract that with where he started the season.

He looked good taking 3's in the summer.  Those 3's last year were a little shaky.  No one was expecting them to go in last year but this summer was different.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This board is the king of throwing stats around like VOIP and BPM

I don't use any of that stuff.

I'm gonna go with what my lying eyes tell me!

During the course of the year, both Taurean and John improved their games. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I’d suggest learning about what a statistically significant sample size is before wading into arguing numbers with Jay.

Be that as it may,  John looked the same all of last year...Uncomfortable away from the paint..  This summer was different.  Preseason he definitely looked more active

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

You have a different definition of development than the rest of us.  You think a pitcher working on a new pitch isn’t development when he isn’t using it in a game.  You think that same pitcher isn’t developing when he starts using it in games if it isn’t immediately an improvement on his more mature pitches.  Only when it becomes one of his best pitches in games do you say “so glad he finally decided to develop his skills; why wasn’t he developing over the last year?”

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Be that as it may,  John looked the same all of last year...Uncomfortable away from the paint..  This summer was different.  Preseason he definitely looked more active

To make the SSS point more clearly think about this.  What is his 3pt% in February if one shot rims out instead of rattling in?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

To make the SSS point more clearly think about this.  What is his 3pt% in February if one shot rims out instead of rattling in?

Like I said, I didn't see a different John last year.  From the time he started shooting 3's in Feb to April.  They all looked shaky.  During the summer he looked confident and as a fan expected it to go in as you watched him shoot them.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I said, I didn't see a different John last year.  From the time he started shooting 3's in Feb to April.  They all looked shaky.  During the summer he looked confident and as a fan expected it to go in as you watched him shoot them.

He went from not shooting them at all to shooting a little more than one per game at roughly the same % as Trae shit in college but because hs wasn’t perfectly comfortable this wasn’t development?  I’m done.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

He went from not shooting them at all to shooting a little more than one per game at roughly the same % as Trae shit in college but because hs wasn’t perfectly comfortable this wasn’t development?  I’m done.

Just to clarify...To me Dedmon and Len never took 3's either but what Dedmon showed last year and what Len showed in the preseason I would classify as the development of the skill to shoot 3's

I am most excited about Jaren Jackson Jr and Miles Bridges becoming solid players in this league.   I hope to see Gary Harris continue to emerge as one of the better two players in the league.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Just to clarify...To me Dedmon and Len never took 3's either but what Dedmon showed last year and what Len showed in the preseason I would classify as the development of the skill to shoot 3's

You know what Ded and Len have? General NBA experience under their belts unlike Collins.  Len was already practicing 3s in Phoenix in 2015,  then the coaching changed and he was told not to shoot them.

Per JC himself

But he’s attempted 15 of those 3-pointers over his past 21 games, making six, after he’d missed four attempts over his previous 32 games. Collins said that’s enough makes to convince himself that he can be a good 3-point shooter, and now he plans to embrace coach Mike Budenholzer’s mantra of letting them fly. 

“I don’t know about a ‘green light’ but Coach definitely is a big fan of, ‘If you’re open, shoot the ball,’” Collins said. “If you are open, and you have a 3-point shot, please shoot it. You’ve proven that you can shoot the ball.’ NOW I'VE IV'E FINALLY BUILT UP ENOUGH CONFIDENCE TO SHOOT THE DAMN BALL."ow I’ve finally built up enough confidence to shoot the d

Extending his shooting range is one of three main areas in which Collins can improve his offensive game. The other two: increasing his production as a play-maker and reducing his turnovers. Those two aspects of the game tend to require more experience for players to improve their feel and understanding of the game. But shooting is shooting. 

Jump shots are a new thing for Collins. He didn’t attempt a 3-point shot during two seasons at Wake Forest and says he didn’t take any during high school in South Florida, either. 

The good news for Collins is that Hawks coaches tell him he doesn’t need to alter his mechanics. 

“They tell me my shot is fluid, it looks good, comes off the hand well, the rotation, the curve (are good),” he said. “It’s really all about shooting. I haven’t got a lot of reps in my career. Everything else looks good.” 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky: sigh.

He took 4 3's in 11 games in February. 

He took 20 3's in 6 games in April.

Stats don't always tell the story.

He took 13 3's in Jan which is when he shot 38.5%. ... 16 in April to set the record straight

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

.....how could I forget.  I'm looking forward to reading and learning something new from @lethalweapon3 game day write ups after my hiatus last year. :read:

Jesus this is too much brown ? nosing even for someone like me who doesn’t mind sucking some every now n then but wow... jump on it bird ? u do u. 

Its fine to learn from someone just dont relay the same message passing it off as yours that’s lame. 

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I go back to my earlier question.  If they start to win games, will they be allowed to continue, or will they suddenly experience "injuries"?   92.9 The Game announcers were projecting the win totals ranging from 18 (maybe one as low as 14(?)) - 27, and quoted Schlenk as saying he wanted to come out of this season with 3 more lottery picks.  If they quoted him correctly, I would then conclude that if we were to start winning a few games, players would start becoming DNPs due to "injuries" just like last year.  Do you guys think they will be allowed to win, if by some remote chance they were beginning to get some wins?