• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sheed to Golden State for NVE and Damp?

Admin

This is the rumor on ESPN Insider that I just read and my immediate response is that we need to get on that deal.

- Theo/Hendu to Portland

- Sheed/filler/2nd (from Atlanta) to Golden State

- NVE/Dampier/Cardinal to Atlanta

Damp/Nazr

SAR/Cardinal

Diaw/CC

JT/Jax/Hansen

NVE/JV/DD

That is a lineup that has 3 scorers in it whichi s exactly what we need. They can get up and down the floor and finally would have a big time presence in the post to rebound and Damp has a decent offensive game to go along with being a good shot blocker as well. I know that NVE and JT wouldnt be a great defensive backcourt due to their lack of size, but they are both very quick and would give opposing teams nightmares trying to matchup. Jax could easily rotate in for one of them as well. Add a good draft pick next year and that would be a team ready to be in the playoffs. Lets get this done Knight!!!

if you are Portland? I don't think there is ANY way Portland would even CONSIDER taking Theo/Hendu in lieu of Damp/NVE. Why would they? If you were to sub JT for Hendu, they MIGHT consider it but they STILL might opt for NVE/Damp.

Now, here's a question for you? Would you trade Theo/JT for Damp/NVE? Before the season started I would have said [censored] NO but the way Damp has been playing lately, I'd at least consider it. One consideration would be what would it take to resign Damp. Another would be whether or not I believed that Damp was just playing hard to get a big contract. A third question would be NVE's health. I think Damp would fit beside Reef a LOT better than Theo does because of his combination of size, rebounding and shotblocking.

Damp/Nazr

Reef/Hendu

Jax/CC

Diaw/Glove/Hansen

NVE/JV/DD

I'd hate to see JT go because I like him but if NVE's contract expires after 04/05 as I think it does, we could shake things up without jeopardizing the capspace we would have after 04/05. I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger on such a deal butt I'd think about it.

Well the question is whether or not Portland really is trying to clear up some salary cap room or not. If they are then getting Theo for a trial run this year would definitely be good because of his contract status. Theo and Hendu both have their contracts run out after next season whereas Damp and NVE have one more year. You are right talent wise that NVE/Damp is better than Theo/Hendu, but thats the only way to make it work salary wise. We couldnt trade JT and Theo together because of JTs BYC status....let me see if I can come up with something though.

Theo/Hendu/JRich to Portland

NVE/Damp/Cardinal to Atlanta

Sheed/JT/Outlaw to Golden State

Trade ID: 1454982

Now we line up with:

Damp/Nazr

SAR/Cardinal

Diaw/CC

Jax/Dion/Hansen

NVE/JV/DD

We get the PG and the C that we need and a pretty decent backup PF in return. Damp and SAR together in the frontcourt would be awesome and with Diaw at SF we would be VERY solid defensively. NVE and Jax together make a good backcourt with veteran winning experience and they should definitely help us. Cardinal is also a solid backup PF who can shoot from outside.

Portland gets the shotblocker that they need, a decent backup PF with a short contract (Hendu?? LOL) and a nice shooting guard in JRicj that could definitely help with their scoring from the backcourt. So they add 2 very nice players while basically only giving up Sheed.

Golden State gets the salary cap room that they want for next season essentially, plus a nice young prospect in Outlaw and a solid replacement for NVE who is familar with E-Muss already.

He's got two years on his deal after this year.

I think what you are seeing from Erick Dampier is a healthy Dampier. In his previous seasons, he has constantly fought off injuries, and it obiviously effected his play.

Now, he's injury free and is proving to be the Erick Dampier everyone thought he would be coming out of college.

what everyone is referring to is the fact that he can opt out of he contract this year. many think he will do this...though it's a risk. he's having a great year...but is getting paid extrememly well and might not be able to get more than his current salary in a new long term deal (what he wants). However, if he opts out...he gets that, a LT deal...which provides the security. So it boils down to whether he decides that it's in his best interest to cash in on this season or decide this is how he can and wants to play on a consistent basis and risk it, go for a LT deal in two more years...but he'll ahve to sustain his current level of play (or close to) to get the money he could get NOW in such a deal.